Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(10-12-2018, 05:25 PM)sally Wrote: Steven Tyler is right. I also think it's unprofessional when the POTUS is pussy footing around with Kanye West or KidRock or whatever celebrity. What makes these celebrities so special that we need to hear their two cents. It's ridiculous and embarrassing.

Yeah, I don't give a shit if politicians want to use celebrity endorsements or have celebrity performers at their events.  Whatever.

I also don't care if they want to seek input on issues from celebrities, preferably behind the scenes.  Celebrities have just as much right to weigh-in as anybody else.  But their input shouldn't weigh any heavier than anyone else's, even if they're big donors, to me.

Yesterday's spectacle with Kanye West was really off-the-charts surreal though.  Kanye and Trump, cameras everywhere, pumping each other's egos at the White House while parts of Florida and neighboring states were getting demolished.

Donald Trump harshly criticized former Presidents for golfing or going to fund raisers when there were natural disasters or major issues of concern going down.  Yet, there he was exploiting Kanye West (who was, in turn, exploiting Donald Trump) while the Florida Panhandle was being devastated.  

That was extremely hypocritical on Trump's part.  And, Kanye's.  "George Bush doesn't care about black people", Kanye said when he thought George W. wasn't focused enough on Katrina (and I understood his point). 

However, Kanye sure didn't seem concerned about natural disaster victims yesterday when he was shooting the shit with the President about himself, advocating for the release of a murderous gang leader, and recommending new private jets to replace AirForce One.

Ridiculous is right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by HairOfTheDog - 10-12-2018, 05:51 PM