Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
Indiana governor Mike Pence (Republican) is catching a lot of flack for signing a Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) bill into law this week.

I think businesses that refuse service to customers on religious grounds are run by dipshits, personally.

[Image: 13b4adb8-31b9-46ac-a5ce-a8b109b46d55_zpss3ouwrlu.gif]

Plus, religious freedom was never taken away, so how can it be restored?

RFRA laws simply give business owners a green light to discriminate without being sued for it, in my view. Still, I personally don't object to the laws.

-If the Jewish deli owner down the street doesn't want me to grab my buns in his shop because he doesn't think I'm kosher -- well fuck him. I don't wanna put more money in his pocket anyway.

-If the Christian uniform retailer doesn't want to sell scrubs to CNAs working at the Planned Parenthood clinic because abortion conflicts with her religious beliefs -- it's her loss, baby. They're cheaper on-line anyway!

-If a restaurant refuses to cater my cousin's bridal shower because the owner thinks lesbians are sinners and she doesn't approve of same sex marriage -- it's her right to refuse service and my right to wink at her and tell her to lick me.

I also think there are probably some very solid arguments for opposing such laws.

What do you think, pray tell?

Messages In This Thread
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 03-28-2015, 08:30 AM