Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 YR OLD DEORR KUNZ JR, MISSING FROM IDAHO CAMPGROUND
(07-18-2015, 11:32 AM)sally Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 11:13 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know where Deorr Sr.'s dad got the "four-minute window". Maybe Jessica's grandfather was watching the baby for part of the time, saw him toddle off towards his parents, and figured they'd see him?

That's basically what the father said in the video that you posted, grandpa let the little boy go to see his parents figuring they would see him. Which is believable to me because I could picture my dumbass FIL doing that. That's why I don't let him watch my kid.

I just listened to that part again.

Dad says gramps told him, "I thought he came up to you" when dad gets back to the campsite and finds the baby missing.

From the original news reports, it came across to me as though gramps had no clue he was supposed to be watching Deorr and thought Deorr had gone with the parents when they left to explore.

But, I think you're right -- now it sounds like gramps knew he was supposed to be watching the baby and let him wander off in the direction of his parents. If that's what happened, gramps has got to be out of his mind with guilt. And, it was a dumbass move.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 YR OLD DEORR KUNZ JR, MISSING FROM IDAHO CAMPGROUND - by HairOfTheDog - 07-18-2015, 02:00 PM