Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
He was very outspoken, brash, and conservative (and sometimes off the rails, in my opinion).

Scalia prided himself in calling it as he saw it and no holds barred debate. He was very aggressive in his case questioning and challenges.

He championed the ruling that the Second Amendment allowed citizens to keep guns for self defense, he opposed Roe vs. Wade, he opposed same sex marriage...

[Image: 650x366]
He was a funny and kind of charming guy off the bench though, I thought. Heck, one of his best friends was Democratic moderately liberal Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg (or as I call her, "the napper"), pictured with Scalia above.

So, Scalia's barely cold and Mitch McConnell, Republican Senate Majority Leader, is already lobbying to block Obama from selecting his predecessor.

"The American peopleā€Ž should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," McConnell said in a statement. Sorry Mitch, I don't think President Obama and the Democrats are gonna grant you that wish, if they can help it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE SCALIA -- FOUND DEAD - by HairOfTheDog - 02-13-2016, 07:49 PM