Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
We know from unanimous National Security and Intelligence agencies' findings that Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 U.S. elections (and recent European elections). The Russian government has so far suffered very minimal repercussions from our current President and congress.

On a separate but related note..........hats off to Theresa May, Prime Minister of the U.K. I don't always agree with May or U.S. UN Ambassador Nikki Hailey.

[Image: Theresa-May-Theresa-May-Donald-Trump-The...169897.jpg][Image: US-ambassador-to-the-UN-Nikki-Haley-931955.jpg]
But, I'm grateful that both women ^ had the balls to drive action against the increasingly-emboldened Vladimir Putin and his (thus far successful) efforts to sow cultural discord through propaganda, cyber attacks and physical attacks within democratic societies.

Following the brazen chemical attack that attempted to kill two Russian ex-spies on British soil earlier this month, May has managed to lead the West in a way that the U.S. no longer does. And, as I see it, Hailey's strong denouncement of the Russian-driven attempted murders forced the U.S. to get its shit together and get on board, lest be viewed as pansy-ass enablers of Russian aggression (and a weak ally).

May has gotten 22 countries, including the U.S., to expel a collective 100 Russian diplomats and send a message to Putin that the West is not going to stand by and do nothing while he attempts to recreate and restore the old Soviet Union days and tactics.

It's pitiful to me how many U.S. citizens, mostly extremists on the right, seem to admire Putin, in part based on propaganda memes showing him with a gun and no shirt in the wilderness. 'He must be a man's man, unlike Barry Obummer!" Feckless fools. See how fast you'd lose your guns (and freedom of speech) if you were under the leadership of Putin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 03-26-2018, 09:05 PM