Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(04-14-2018, 08:25 PM)Donovan Wrote: I dont know that Cohen did that stuff because he's an idiot, or if he knew eventually it would come down to his survival or Trump. No honor among thieves.

That's a good point; he very well might have recorded communications as potential leverage.

It's still stupid and short-sighted to me if any such recordings include Cohen engaging in criminal activity, though he appears to me to be another one who considers himself above the law.

Based on the opinions I've read from legal experts........NY prosecutors would have had to present a whole lot of probable cause to get the judge to issue a no-knock warrant on the President's attorney.

Federal prosecutors said in a court filing Friday that the criminal probe that led them to raid Cohen's offices is focused on his "personal business dealings" and has been going on for months.

In the filing with a court in New York, prosecutors blacked out a section describing what laws they believe Trump's attorney has broken, but they said the "crimes being investigated involve acts of concealment and suspected fraud."

Cohen has proclaimed that he'd take a bullet for Donald Trump. I wonder if he'd willingly leave his wife and kids to serve up to 30 years behind bars for Trump, if it came down to it.

In any case, Cohen's known to love the limelight. He's sure in it now, for all the wrong reasons.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 04-15-2018, 12:27 AM