Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gia Fuda 18 Years Old Missing WA State
(08-02-2020, 10:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 08:45 PM)MirahM Wrote: Alive! Found!

That's great news, Mirah.

I understand Gia was taken to the hospital, but doesn't seem she's in critical condition or anything.  Apparently there were berries in the woods where she was located and clear creek water.  And, she had her phone and a notebook.

LE says they don't know yet if she got lost after running out of gas, or if she went off the radar voluntarily, or what exactly happened.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/washington-tee...d=72127188

I went hiking on Saturday within miles of where she was found. We had debating not going if there were places closed off due to the search-there was also a person pulled out of the river another couple of miles down the road and another hiker missing/found same area. 

Crazy stuff! I'm so glad she was found. I cried when I heard the news. 
I have seen a lot of people commenting in public posts and confused about what happened, I am too, and we may never know, I'm just glad she was found.
What I imagine is that her car ran out of fuel, her cell phone died (no cell phone coverage most of that area anyway) and or maybe she also got high? WHO KNOWS! Or maybe it was completely legit that she walked down to the river to get some water or look around and got turned around. 
Maybe there were guys that stopped to help (as noted in some accounts) and maybe it wierded her out enough that she didn't want to flag anyone else down for help. I don't know.
I just can't imagine it getting dark and being alone out there-and then it getting light and not being able to find your way or get help unless she was already in a state of hunger. 
Okay, I am done speculating for now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gia Fuda 18 Years Old Missing WA State - by MirahM - 08-03-2020, 10:02 PM