Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~
i like making autumn and winter desserts and holiday stuff. so shaddup if you don't like soupy-chicken recipes in MOCK, just don't look in here, you can starve! no cookies for you! or apple dumplings. or stuffed turkey. or my hand-harvested cranberry sauce. go to macdonald's where you belong! Strangle

here are the BEST ginger cookies in the world...make them! you'll be glad you did. they are delicious with apple cider~

....this cookie is very crisp, large, aromatic and spicy. when you bake them your home will smell like heaven Angel with a can't-resist scent of spices ...you need an electric mixer, like a kitchen-aid....................in the mixer bowl mix up the following: 2 cups sugar.1 12 cups shortening. 2 large eggs. 12 cup dark molasses. 1 tsp. salt. 2 tsp. baking soda. 2 tsp ground ginger. 2 tsp. cinnamon. 2 tsp. ground cloves. dash of mace. DON'T SKIMP ON THE SPICES, AND DON'T LEAVE ANY OUT. once it is blended start adding 4 cups of flour, sometimes i need more. you want a dough you can work with, not too sticky. heat oven to 350 degrees F. grease cookie sheets and have cooling racks and a spatula handy. ~~by hand roll one and one-half inch balls of dough. take a glass and dip the base in sugar. use the sugared glass to press the dough balls semi-flat. that gives the cookies a bit of sugar on top when done. bake for about 15 minutes. remove to cooling racks with spatula and let them set, they will be crisp when cool. ~~~i promise you will love them! they also pack and ship well.

[Image: apple_cider_spiced.jpg]
[Image: ginger_lg.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - by Lady Cop - 09-14-2010, 08:56 AM