Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zahra Baker, a murdered child
I'm sure anthropologist or pathologist has looked at it by now. If it was animal i think the po-po would have said so by now, too. I just pray they find the rest of the pieces of her so the little girl can be put to rest. They probably tossed her out along the highway like a piece of trash. It breaks my heart.
Bampton

Go fascinate someone else.
How in the hell do you hurt a child that calls you Daddy, really? I can't see hurting any child, but your own baby, wtf?

this was yesterday. from Hickory Record. today they have divers in Gunpowder Creek, and searchers along the banks.

WSOC video here: http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25745968/index.html

LENOIR --
Hickory investigators focused their attention on a remote area of Caldwell County Tuesday as they continued to search for Zahra Baker.

Investigators from the Hickory Police Department joined forces with Caldwell County deputies and the Caldwell County Office of Emergency Services to search a three-mile stretch of Indian Grave Road in the Patterson community north of Lenoir, said Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department.

"We're up here with 15 to 20 searchers with support from the Red Cross,'' Adkins said. "They're searching about three miles alongside the road and one area about 50 feet off the roadway.''

He described the search area as a winding road that switches from paved to dirt. The areas searched on Christie Road last week and off Dudley Shoals earlier were scattered with decomposing animal carcasses and bones. Adkins said investigators have found what appear to be animal bones along Indian Grave Road as well, though he declined to specify what investigators are looking for.

We're looking for anything that could be helpful to the investigation,'' he said.

Adkins said the medical examiner and SBI lab are still testing the bone, which may be human and was discovered off Christie Road a week ago. The testing has not been completed.

FAA & police designate area a no-fly zone.

they "found something". not saying what.

Nov 10, 2010 1:55 PM
Search area for Zahra is 'no-fly zone' as crews take on new seriousness

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Search teams are combing a new site in Caldwell County on Wednesday for evidence related to the investigation of Zahra Baker, the missing 10-year-old girl.

Crews began searching at an area near Dudley Shoals Drive and Burns Road in Caldwell County at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday. Officials said the area, which has been searched before, was one of the locations that Elisa Baker suggested search crews look.

The search on Wednesday has taken on a serious tone with a no-fly zone set up -- meaning news helicopters are not allowed over the area. Also, earlier Wednesday search crews went in with dry suits, and then went in to search a body of water.

According to WBTV reporter Steve Ohnesorge, police are extremely tight-lipped about what is happening and they seem more intense as the search goes on. The media is being kept back further than ever -- and security for the search area is tighter than it ever has been.

Ohnesorge said that every officer he tried to talk to seems "frantic" and they all told him "I can't say anything."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

NewsChannel 36 has learned that Emily Dietrich, Zahra's biological mother, is on her way to Hickory. Dietrich has not had contact with Zahra since she was a baby. She told Australia's Channel Seven News that she was trying to find Zahra when she learned she'd disappeared.

the bio-mom is arriving in Hickory tomorrow from Australia.

i don't buy her story. she gave the infant child up, that's fine and right in many circumstances. but it's a load of crap she looked for her all these years. they were at granny's in OZ all that time, she knew that.
and those people were on the internet on social networking sites all the time, despite moving a lot.

She "lost" her child, by her own hand,ten years ago.

Am I cynical . . . yup. Is she grieving . . . I'm sure. Is this damage control for her "reputation" . . .that's my take.

Just another carrion bird feasting on the moment.
Hickory Record:

DUDLEY SHOALS --

Investigators looking for the remains of Zahra Baker dug a hole at the Dudley Shoals search site Wednesday afternoon and marked the site with an evidence flag.

All of the dirt from the circular hole – which measures about 10 feet around and 2.5 feet deep – was removed from the site. A white evidence flag – like ones used previously to mark bone identification – was placed next to the hole.

The hole is about 10 feet from the riverbank and about 25 feet from where the paved road ends.

Today, investigators returned to the Christie Road location as they continue to search for Zahra, who was reported missing by her parents from their Hickory home on Oct. 9.

(11-11-2010, 12:00 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: circular hole – which measures about 10 feet around and 2.5 feet deep

Sounds like a "shallow grave" to me. Any word if dogs were used in this search area?
i have seen no mention of dogs in that particular search. doesn't mean there were none.
i'm going to be shocked if they found an intact body. there would have been a tent up and ME wagon there. i don't think there is any way that wouldn't have leaked.

conflicting reports now .....Rad Berky a local reporter tweeted that human remains were found but the PD isn't confirming
RadBerkywcnc
.Hickory PD will only say "evidence" was found.
less than 5 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® .
Human remains were found yesterday off Dudley Road. Tests being done to confirm if they are Zarha's.
2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

all other news outlets are just saying something important was found

Hoping it's her so they can get started on punishing the jackasses that did this to her

Re the "BioMum" I don't feel sorry for her - she gave up her child to someone she claimed was abusive PPD or not if you say he abused you why would you leave your infant with him?? And to say she had been searching for 8 years is crap there were several cached articles going back several years that said where she was including the town name if Giru (sp?) which in media reports is apprantly of a town of 300 people - If I was looking for my kid you better believe I would have found a way to get there and knocked on every damn door till I got her back. The only one I feel sorry for is Zahra.
just theorizing but it's starting to sound like EB didn't know exactly where she was which would mean either AB or a third person disposed of the remains and it sure seems like she was dismembered - maybe they only buried the parts they thought could be used to identify her?

please pardon the spelling errors on my previous post my fingers go way faster than my brains spell check
i just read that headline also, from WSOC. so it's a leak or BS.
i am hoping for a presser! the police have to confirm or dispel these stories.

edit to add: Charlotte Observer:
HICKORY, N.C. - A source close to the Zahra Baker investigation says that crews found human remains while searching in Caldwell County Wednesday.

leaky leaky.

suprised about the leak - it's the first one I can think of in this investigation but there are a whole lot of people on it now - HPD - Caldwell County - FBI - SBI - EMS - Fire etc etc etc with that many hands in the pot I guess it was inevitable

local news is reporting the biomom is in Hickory - maybe HPD wanted to tell her in person what happened before they make an announcement?

shit like this reminds me why I hate people
i don't think bio-mom is a factor. unless they need her DNA which i thought they collected a while back. she can't take remains for a long time. i am sorry to be so callous, but i think she's of no consequence, except as perhaps a courtesy.
somehow i doubt adam and his mommy want to have lunch with her.

WSOC slideshow here....shows the hole.

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/257...etail.html

a looky-loo here:
these nosy people need to stay out of the crime scene. i know it's not sealed off now, but it should be. what the hell do they expect to see?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

WBTV:
Adam Baker, Zahra's father who first reported her missing in a 911 call on Oct. 9, was at the Hickory Police station Thursday afternoon for about an hour. He and his attorney met with investigators and was later allowed to leave.

that could be next-of-kin notification.

i am also hearing that bio-mom is accompanied by an Aussie news crew...which if true, tells me they are paying her way and controlling her activities and to whom she speaks. better known as checkbook journalism.

There ought to be a law...
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Aussie news shows are reporting that Zahra's remains have been found. The online version though still casts a little doubt on the sources and the certainty that was broadcast is a little dubious. It's hard to read though that what they apparently found were only "body parts"... and that the poor little girl was to turn 11 on Tuesday.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/14105...been-found

WSOC
Hickory police said Thursday evening the evidence they found in the Zahra Baker case is so significant, they're calling off the search for the missing 10-year-old girl.

here is the staged footage from the Australian news crew, of Zahra's bio-mom at the house/memorial in Hickory.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national

Sorry. No sympathy from me. She gave up her rights 10 years ago. How can she grieve over someone she never knew? Mother-child bond? Horseshit. She didn't have the baby long enough to know her. I can't be moved by someone's tears while they got a microphone attached to their hip. Attention whore.

LC, where did you find the info that they called the search off? I can't find that in our local papers.
Bampton

Go fascinate someone else.