Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Gay Marriage / Gay Rights
(05-22-2012, 12:33 PM)Barbara Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 07:17 AM)crash Wrote: Create yourself an imaginary friend and people will call you crazy. Create yourself an imaginary friend and build yourself a building to worship him in and people will call you religious.

Love this thought Smiley_emoticons_wink

86 112
(05-22-2012, 11:57 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Who cares?, gay marriage has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever.

I am surprised you would say that. Anybody being oppressed anywhere affects you. That's why when people are put down, be it women in Afghanistan or those terrible incidents in Mexico and we do nothing, when we can, then we are letting that evil rule.

I have a voice and I do use it. I will not participate in hating and socially rejecting people because they are born gay. That's ridiculous.

When it comes to gay marriage, I think the patriarchal male feeling that his sexuality or manliness is threatened. Most religious organisations are patriarchal, I can't think of any female dominated ones.

(05-22-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm not here on this earth to judge others, and any TRUE Christian should, by definition, certainly feel the same.

what's a TRUE christian? I got up this morning to see that message board crowded with so much hatred and disgust at gay people. It was horrific.

(05-22-2012, 11:51 AM)IMaDick Wrote: The age old lie lives.

if you're not married by the time you're 20 you're an old maid.

Your an idiot, I am sure I can find a scripture to back me up on that one.
Deutronomy 12:13

1. and God saw Dick, and upon seeing Dick, was aghast.

2. and God made the heavens tremble and the volcanos belch with fire and sulfur.

3. and God said, "I have truly sinned, for I have created man's first idiot"
I advocate that people who represent religion in such a way should be arrested and confined for inciting domestic terrorism.
(05-22-2012, 06:06 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:

Oh..my..God!

That's not a good Christian!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This can be fixed, just make it impossible to divorce. Marriages for everyone!!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
And his rant would have gone on and on and on, and he has got the power and the microphone and there is everyone there in the audience egging him on. Pure hatred. That's what pure hatred looks like right there. Why doesn't he go and live in Iran where they have actual government state ordered legislation against gays?

He is such a stupid man, there was no elegant reasoning to his personal hatred and loathing. He is a revolting repulsive character and maybe the thing that he was proposing for people who are born gay would be more suitable for him. What an awful specimen of a man. These churches need to be monitored and maybe someone needs to sue him or check that he is not breaking the law by inciting violence and hatred against a minority group.

He makes me so angry I would (I won't but I would like to) kick him in the head.

I did this assignment on counselling in Australia. Some of the percentage of counselling is done by 'church' organisations. Some of the research is showing that they are damaging people and even 'revictimising' them and even crossing ethical boundaries by breaching confidentiality, engaging in sexual relationships, not reporting suicide risks, the list goes on. What was concluded from the findings, was that, as the majority of these organisations receive government funding, they need to be monitored and accountable to a statutory body. At the moment, the treatment they offer to the community is proving in some cases to be adversarial not advantageous to their mental health.

If these organisations are to operate in a civilised society, they need to be accountable that they are not inciting violence against minority groups by their language and tone of their speeches. Moreover, these 'leaders' need to be accountable to the law just as any ordinary citizen is within it's community. Having a pulpit in front of you does not give you licence to vilify any individual whatsoever under any circumstances. Throw the book at him.
(05-22-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Not a single person, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation has earned their way into 'heaven' on their own 'merit'.

If you're a believer, you know the only true way in, is simply by 'grace'.

This set of statements blows my mind. Really, it does.

Is it not counterintuitive by nature? Doesn't matter what you do to others, as long as your are J's homeboy, you are in?

Christians are like black people, always looking for a hook-up instead of just paying the full price.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(05-22-2012, 08:43 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Not a single person, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation has earned their way into 'heaven' on their own 'merit'.

Is it not counterintuitive by nature? Doesn't matter what you do to others, as long as your are J's homeboy, you are in?

Christians are like black people, always looking for a hook-up instead of just paying the full price.

(05-22-2012, 05:40 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm not here on this earth to judge others, and any TRUE Christian should, by definition, certainly feel the same.

what's a TRUE christian? I got up this morning to see that message board crowded with so much hatred and disgust at gay people. It was horrific.

I agree with your posts about the Christian haters, aussie. Your posts in this thread made me curious. You've been vocal in your support of Pastor Joel Osteen. Do you agree with his statements that being gay is a sin, just not worse than any other sin?

Will a gay person be accepted into heaven, as you see it?,” Oprah asked the famed pastor. “I believe they will,” he responded. ”Sometimes we look at gay being a bigger sin than being proud or not telling the truth. I don’t think God categorizes sins.”
Look, imo these bullypulpitters are TERRORISTS.

lol
People love who they love.

Heteros get to enter into a formal relationship with legally binding rights and responsibilities.

Certain religious people try to deny gays this right, citing portions of the Bible that say its a sin.

Note, however, that those who profess to know the mind of the Almighty don't attempt to have other parts of Leviticus and Deuteronomy made part of the civil law.

Whether its a sin or not (something I can't see since sexual preference hardly seems to the product of voluntary choice) God will judge.

(S)he gets a vote. The rest of us only have opinions.

Anybody else notice that when others (especially in the Middle East [especially if they have oil]) try to codify their religious beliefs into their civil law, we call them religious fanatics?
(05-22-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm conservative by nature, so naturally, I'm supposed to be predisposed to not wanting to allow gays to marry.

However, the more I think about it, I cannot figure out WHY it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I'm not here on this earth to judge others, and any TRUE Christian should, by definition, certainly feel the same.

Not a single person, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation has earned their way into 'heaven' on their own 'merit'.

MS, you ASTONISH me!

Well reasoned, well said.

Clearly inspired by the Spirit.

You need to get off the computer.

NOW.

The shit you are spewing tonight is UNBELIEVABLE!
(05-22-2012, 08:37 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: If these organisations are to operate in a civilised society, they need to be accountable that they are not inciting violence against minority groups by their language and tone of their speeches. Moreover, these 'leaders' need to be accountable to the law just as any ordinary citizen is within it's community. Having a pulpit in front of you does not give you licence to vilify any individual whatsoever under any circumstances. Throw the book at him.

To the extent that they're getting some government funding, I agree that there should be some separation of church and state. Off hand, I think in the U.S., religions aren't allowed to endorse candidates or some such or they risk losing their tax exempt status (not certain of the details of that and too lazy to look it up right now).

Everything else though falls under free speech IMO. As distasteful as some speech may be, I don't want to live in a society where it's illegal to state your ugly opinions.
Yep, those who condemn gays and others have the right to express their views, and those who condemn those who condemn gays and others have the same rights. Wouldn't have it any other way.
(05-22-2012, 09:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I agree with your posts about the Christian haters, aussie. Your posts in this thread made me curious. You've been vocal in your support of Pastor Joel Osteen. Do you agree with his statements that being gay is a sin, just not worse than any other sin?

Will a gay person be accepted into heaven, as you see it?,” Oprah asked the famed pastor. “I believe they will,” he responded. ”Sometimes we look at gay being a bigger sin than being proud or not telling the truth. I don’t think God categorizes sins.”

It's a cross I have to bear HoTD. I don't fit in with the traditional LOUD religious right. But I do believe in God. I do not think ANY of us have all the answers, this is why it's good to discuss and debate and hopefully together we can come up with an answer.

I am quite open about my beliefs but also my failings. I am not a hypocrite, I try and be as real, honest and authentic with people as I can be.

The bottom line, God is Love, love is a beautiful thing, so if two people are in love God is there right there in that. Love does not discriminate at all, ever.
Thanks for the response, aussie. Was just curious based on some other exchanges we've had.
(05-22-2012, 10:30 PM)Disciple Wrote:

You need to get off the computer.

NOW.

The shit you are spewing tonight is UNBELIEVABLE!

I go with Cracker on this one. It sickens me when people who survive a tragedy where other as deserving people die say "God saved me". Really? God wanted the little kid to die?

If there is a heaven, you think God lets people in on a whim? "you I'll give grace but not you because I'm not feeling gracious right now". If there's no criteria, what's the point of even trying to live within a certain set of morals?