Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ALIVE AND KICKIN'
There have been some interesting stories about senior citizens posted here lately. The couple in their 80s who posed with partiers at a New Year's rave; the 70+ year old woman who was recently busted for being a call girl.

Continuing the trend, meet Edythe Kirchamaier. She's 105 and living life to the fullest.
[Image: 105Driver.jpg]

The California resident made headlines on Monday when she passed her driving test – continuing 86 years without a blemish on her driving record and maintaining her status as the state's oldest living driver.

"I just couldn't imagine myself without a car," Kirchmaier told FoxNews.com. "It just didn't feel very good."

And that’s far from the only bit of notoriety to crop up recently in Kirchmaier’s life. Facebook has declared her its most senior user, she's the University of Chicago's oldest living former student, last week she appeared on The Ellen Degeneres Show to celebrate her birthday and she has been a volunteer with the Direct Relief International (DRI) organization for 40 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/105...25336.html
Alive & Kicking- Simple Minds

One of my favorites from 1985.

BTW- Congrats to Edythe.
(01-29-2013, 02:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: There have been some interesting stories about senior citizens posted here lately.

They are all cool old people & I would bet they are all interesting in one way or another.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I didn't mean to be redundant.
But Archie women have been driving for a long time now. Stifle Edyth.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-29-2013, 04:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 02:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: There have been some interesting stories about senior citizens posted here lately.

They are all cool old people & I would bet they are all interesting in one way or another.

I think so too. I was gonna put Edythe's story in one of the threads about the other cool old folks, but she's not an asshole and isn't into anything illegal (that we know of Smiley_emoticons_smile ).

I think Edythe looks likes a lot of fun; love to read stories about advanced-age seniors who are still living life on their terms and having fun. I know some seniors like that, positive attitude goes a long way.
I'm a very cool old lady ! Just ask me. hah
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(01-30-2013, 02:03 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: I'm a very cool old lady ! Just ask me. hah

LC used to tell me all the time how cool you are, you & Teacher both were a couple of her favorites.

I think you're cool because you joined Mock & have the balls to venture outside of the crime forum.
(01-30-2013, 08:20 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 02:03 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: I'm a very cool old lady ! Just ask me. hah

LC used to tell me all the time how cool you are, you & Teacher both were a couple of her favorites.

I think you're cool because you joined Mock & have the balls to venture outside of the crime forum.

I can admit to feeling some amount of shame with the things I post when I think about some of our older members,,,but alas, I must be true to inner mock-brain.

And you old bittys will just have to deal with it!!!
j/k Run1
(01-30-2013, 04:50 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I can admit to feeling some amount of shame with the things I post when I think about some of our older members,,,but alas, I must be true to inner mock-brain.

I try not to ever think about that but on occasion it creeps in. I once felt bad about saying twat in front of Cars.

...and God help me if I ever look at any of these people as being my parents peers.
(01-30-2013, 04:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 04:50 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I can admit to feeling some amount of shame with the things I post when I think about some of our older members,,,but alas, I must be true to inner mock-brain.

I try not to ever think about that but on occasion it creeps in. I once felt bad about saying twat in front of Cars.

...and God help me if I ever look at any of these people as being my parents peers.

Now, now, I'm far from the Pope. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

CARS! You worry me you bastard, out having a real life and all.......
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Blowing-kisses Don't worry about me! I'm not a prude,far from it.I hear the F bomb many times every day.My spouse is a former US Navy man. I will say that I don't think it adds anything to your credibility. Fuck, I could be mother or grandmother to most of you!I soo look forward to going to Mustang's downtown tavern every Friday night. A group of females ask me last Friday if I still look at men. I said, "only the young ones." And, the young ones love me too. I've become a groupie. My fav guys play every Friday nite. I eat and have two Milky Way martinis. The night I had three Mustang had to drive me home! I'm sort of a "what's going to come out of her mouth next?" person. So,carry on bitches. Cheers!
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(01-31-2013, 03:11 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: I hear the F bomb many times every day. I will say that I don't think it adds anything to your credibility. Fuck

Hahaha!

You make me laugh & I enjoy your spunky attitude.
(01-31-2013, 03:11 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Blowing-kisses Don't worry about me! I'm not a prude,far from it.I hear the F bomb many times every day.My spouse is a former US Navy man. I will say that I don't think it adds anything to your credibility. Fuck, I could be mother or grandmother to most of you!I soo look forward to going to Mustang's downtown tavern every Friday night. A group of females ask me last Friday if I still look at men. I said, "only the young ones." And, the young ones love me too. I've become a groupie. My fav guys play every Friday nite. I eat and have two Milky Way martinis. The night I had three Mustang had to drive me home! I'm sort of a "what's going to come out of her mouth next?" person. So,carry on bitches. Cheers!

Smiley_emoticons_smile Yeah, but do ya dance, OTD?

Sounds like a fun Friday night tradition. I'd never heard of a Milky Way Martini before and had to look it up:

1 12 cups ice cubes + 14 cup cold water + 2 fluid ounces vanilla-flavored vodka + 2 fluid ounces white creme de cacao

[Image: 219898.jpg]

Here's the comment attached to the recipe: "A wicked good and dangerous drink; this'll leave you seeing stars!" Sounds and looks delicious, but I do believe that more than two in a short time would have me on my ass or looking like this: Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
(01-31-2013, 02:19 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I do believe that more than two in a short time would have me on my ass

I'm willing to wager that when MS reads that, he'll wonder if two of them will get him on your ass too...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(01-31-2013, 02:26 PM)crash Wrote:
(01-31-2013, 02:19 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I do believe that more than two in a short time would have me on my ass

I'm willing to wager that when MS reads that, he'll wonder if two of them will get him on your ass too...

I'm not gonna bet against you on that, though I don't think it's my ass specifically that MS will be wondering it about. I don't possess MS's uncanny psychic ability to know what members of the opposite sex are thinking at all times, but I suspect that he just might be a boob man.
(01-31-2013, 02:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-31-2013, 02:26 PM)crash Wrote:

I'm not gonna bet against you on that, though I don't think it's my ass specifically that MS will be wondering it about. I don't possess MS's uncanny psychic ability to know what members of the opposite sex are thinking at all times, but I suspect that he just might be a boob man.

In your case, I'm a pretty face AND boob man.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
Flattery will get you nowhere, MS.

I'd be catching a ride with Mustang and OTD if we were all out and I got flat on my ass wasted.

I can see you taking way too long to fasten my seat belt and stoppin' short all throughout the drive. Sign_pervert