Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gravy - How do you make it?
You realize she left a chunk of flesh in that bread, right?
Commando Cunt Queen

Not until you just reminded me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-25-2013, 09:19 AM)sally Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 01:16 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(04-24-2013, 04:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How do YOU make it?

Moistly in my underpants.

That's really gross, Clang.

So's your face, Sally. But I still somehow manage to get a semi-chub anyway.
(04-25-2013, 05:53 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Bend over!

(04-25-2013, 12:41 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

How do YOU make it?

I really didn't want to think about you chubbing it up with your underwear full of shit. Thanks for ruining the gravy thread.
(04-25-2013, 01:38 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 12:41 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

How do YOU make it?

I really didn't want to think about you chubbing it up with your underwear full of shit. Thanks for ruining the gravy thread.
Blowing-kissesAsshat
(04-25-2013, 09:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 06:42 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I want to eat at Sally's.

Me too! I would like to either have one of her special pizzas or one of those awesome sammiches she makes and I can't tell you how I would have loved to sink my teeth into some of that coconut bread pudding she just made. Actually, I'm so hungry right now I'd be happy to gnaw on her arm.

I woke up starving this morning for some reason so I got this idea to make Cajun stuffed crawfish pork chops with au gratin potatoes and asparagus.

The potatoes came out awesome if anyone wants the recipe. The stuffed pork chops not so much, not worth the effort.
(04-25-2013, 06:58 PM)sally Wrote: The potatoes came out awesome if anyone wants the recipe.

I'm interested if there aren't a lot of steps to it.

I could be interested in any of your recipes that don't require a lot of steps.
We, Chefs, got two kinds of Gravies. Pan Gravy, which is the process if you roast your portion cuts of meat in a pan and turn what's in the pan into a nice sauce, i.e. Turkey, Pork Chops or Fillets, Steaks, etc, or what we call Jus, meaning Juice of the a certain kind meat, i.e. Veal, Lamb, Game or Poultry.

Pan Gravy. Roast your meat in a pan, when done remove and let it rest on a tray. Add brunnoisse (small cubes or chopped) of carrots, onions, celery and leek to your pan, add a bit of butter and sautee until they all look nice and caramelized, add red wine for dark meat, or white wine for white meat, or port wine for game meat, let it reduce, add some water, season it and add some cold cubes of unsalted butter. You can add many herbs or spices according to what you are cooking, but that's pretty much the process.

Gravy as per se. We use this in kitchens to have a ready stock of gravy on hand for the according meat. Take the bones of the meat you want, i.e. Veal (we like Veal because of its high protein content which makes it extra shiny), Lamb, Chicken, Game, and roast them in a large pan, or as we call it, Dutch Oven. As smaller the bones are chopped, as better for flavour. No matter if you do it in the oven or on top of the stove, what's roasting at the bottom of the pan is the flavour!

Once the bones are golden brown add the mirepoix, cubes of carrots, onions, cellery and leek. In fine dining places we go carrots and cellery, after some time onion, and last the leek, then roast until all golden brown. Add tomato paste and some sugar, caramelize and deglaze with either red, white or port wine. Add what herbs and spices you like, i.e. Junniper Berries for Game, Rosmary and Garlic for Lamb, etc. Add water until the bones are covered and let it slowly boil down for about 2-3 hours.

Strain it through a fine mesh sieve, eh voila, Gravy.

Old style is to use flour for thickening, but nowadays we just reduce until we get it as thick as we want it. A bit more expensive but lighter.

Whoa.

Thanks, Chef. 59
I printed that shit and will be tucking it in the drawer for future reference.

You know, the next time I want to make gravy like a F'ING BOSS.

Mo has his own restaurant, he probably whips up that kinda thing in moments.

I zoned out a little when it came to the chopping bones step.
(05-08-2013, 04:37 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I printed that shit and will be tucking it in the drawer for future reference.

You know, the next time I want to make gravy like a F'ING BOSS.

Yeah same here.

(well I copied and pasted it into a word document along with my other recipes from Mock, but I can print it out at a later date)
That biscuits and gravy you folk eat is 95 colours of wrong. It looks like the cat vomited up the left over tuna bake over some half cooked scones.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I love biscuits and gravy. Actually I don't even need the biscuit, I just like the sausage gravy smothered all over the eggs and potatoes.

It's not something I eat often, but it's great for a hangover.
/eat > throw up=hangover cured?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I either buy it in a jar, or use a mix. Do not have it often.
It's freaking gravy time again and I like revisiting this thread. But no jar stuff, sorry Q.B.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Damn I must be getting old and mature. I waited until page 2 to make a joke about making the gravy in my pants.hah
One of the reasons my fingers started trembling when I saw you commented here.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.