Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WE DID BIZ WTH THE TALIBAN
(06-02-2014, 06:27 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Sounds to me like this kid might be a traitor. If he did in fact leave his post willingly, without his gun, crying to the taliban about how he wanted his freedom (not from them, but from us)...and got 8 of his fellow team members killed looking for him, then I would really hate to be in his shoes right now.

Yeah, a possible deserter, at least.

I'd read some time back that he wandered away from base, disillusioned with his assignment.

Now that he's been released, some of those who were stationed with him are starting to speak out.

Snip:
"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

Vierkant said Bergdahl needs to not only acknowledge his actions publicly but face a military trial for desertion under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

A reporter asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday whether Bergdahl had left his post without permission or deserted -- and, if so, whether he would be punished. Hagel didn't answer directly. "Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family," he said. "Other circumstances that may develop and questions, those will be dealt with later."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/ber...r-or-hero/

I wonder if his parents (and some officials) will wanna keep Bergdahl away from the press for as long as they can.
So y'all gave away 5 Taliban so you can torture the fuck out of a traitor? Is that what this is all about?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I think it will be years, if ever, before he goes in front of the press or even interviewed. He might be close to being fucked up beyond repair. According to his parents he's lost the ability to speak English.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-02-2014, 06:35 PM)crash Wrote: So y'all gave away 5 Taliban so you can torture the fuck out of a traitor? Is that what this is all about?

No. The government has already come out and said they have no intention of prosecuting him for anything, they said he's paid enough.
Hmmm.. Because they'd come out and say "This prick deserted us and we're going to make his life hell"?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-02-2014, 06:35 PM)crash Wrote: So y'all gave away 5 Taliban so you can torture the fuck out of a traitor? Is that what this is all about?

What's happening now is that the long-standing questions about how the lone American POW in Afghanistan was captured are coming to the surface.

Not sure where the "torture" reference came from, crash.

Anyway, if anything, I think it's looking more likely that Bergdahl was going AWOL or deserting, rather than joining the other side as a traitor -- but it'll probably all come out in the wash.

Either way, he's home and getting treatment.
Another huge shitstorm created by this stupid fucking administration and the head Dick with his magic pen. I fucking hate him...I really really do.

And this kid now claims he has forgotten the English launguage..give me a Goddamned break. He's a fucking traitor...kill him, and impeach the asshole that made a dirty fucking deal with the enemy.
I really don't like to comment on these things because I really think it is your countries business.

Here are just some questions I have thought of....

If he has lost the ability to speak english, is it a fair assumption that he also forgot how to think western and behave western according to our morals?

What about information, did he disclose information that caused lives to be lost?

HoTD says it will all come out in the wash, I don't know if that is true, particularly if some of it is classified. F2 has contributed Zero to this conversation, just a mindless rant.
(06-02-2014, 06:46 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I really don't like to comment on these things because I really think it is your countries business.

Here are just some questions I have thought of....

If he has lost the ability to speak english, is it a fair assumption that he also forgot how to think western and behave western according to our morals?

What about information, did he disclose information that caused lives to be lost?

HoTD says it will all come out in the wash, I don't know if that is true, particularly if some of it is classified. F2 has contributed Zero to this conversation, just a mindless rant.

And you just contributed what? Blah, Blah......BLAHHHHH...

STFU already. You got one thing right...stick to your own countrys business.
I asked some valid questions which is what discussions are made up of. Girl, you gotta learn to quote.
(06-02-2014, 06:57 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I asked some valid questions which is what discussions are made up of. Girl, you gotta learn to quote.

Fuck you and your quote bullshit. Is that really the best you got? Google the fucking story, Idiot. You will see his superiors have SAID he left of his own free will, without his weapon and went straight to the Taliban. Servicemen LOST their lives searching for him. What else do you want to know, Crazy Lady? Do your own fucking homework, Crazy Lazy.
(06-02-2014, 06:41 PM)crash Wrote: Hmmm.. Because they'd come out and say "This prick deserted us and we're going to make his life hell"?

I was only telling you what is being reported here. I have my fingers in a few pies but not the government's so I can't relay any pertinent/factual info.
(06-02-2014, 06:41 PM)crash Wrote: Hmmm.. Because they'd come out and say "This prick deserted us and we're going to make his life hell"?

I'm not sure I understand what you're implying, crash. What US officials would wanna torture Bergdahl or make his life a living hell and why?

I'm sure officials here will wanna get all they can outta him about how the Taliban operated, anything he overheard about strategies or plans, etc...

I'd be surprised if his captors didn't extract the same info from him in regards to his US military training, operations, etc. AFAIK based on what's currently known about him, there doesn't look to be much that Bergdahl had to offer his captors (except, intentionally or unintentionally, himself as a bartering chip). No real intelligence, high level expertise, or anything like that. Again, AFAIK.

The "no speak English" bit is a little hard for me to buy, but I don't know the details of his mental or physical condition.
Sorry, I was taking the piss. I was just trying my new 'forum douchebag' Tshirt on for a minute but I can't carry it off..

I don't think the military would be interested enough in torturing this guy or making his life a misery because they thought he may heave shared secrets with the other side. I'm damn sure if he had anything in his knowledge they were worried about him sharing, they would have got to him way before the 5 years.
(06-02-2014, 06:46 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD says it will all come out in the wash, I don't know if that is true, particularly if some of it is classified.

Nah, I didn't say that.

I said it will probably all come out in the wash in terms of how Bergdahl came to be in the hands of his captors. I don't have any way of knowing for sure what's going to happen and how much information will be revealed about the five years he spent with the Taliban or related forces, so I wouldn't make such a claim.

I think it's likely that a lot more will be learned about how he ended up where he did because he was stationed with other soldiers who are already talking to the media, aussie. I posted a link to an interview with one such soldier upthread.
(06-02-2014, 07:01 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Fuck you and your quote bullshit. Is that really the best you got? Google the fucking story, Idiot. You will see his superiors have SAID he left of his own free will, without his weapon and went straight to the Taliban. Servicemen LOST their lives searching for him. What else do you want to know, Crazy Lady? Do your own fucking homework, Crazy Lazy.

Ouch, seems I touched a nerve. I don't know if you can believe anything regarding this story because it will be classified. I have not taken sides, I am asking valid questions, and all you are doing is attacking your Head of State.

I don't think this kid was wrapped too tight in the first place. I say that because if he did desert where the hell did he think he was going to go. He's surrounded by enemy territory, he had nothing, he couldn't even speak the language. I do know that standards for joining the military were relaxed when they needed more bodies after those wars got going.
HoTD, I am surprised, because I didn't think service people were allowed to talk to the media. That rationale I can completely understand for security purposes.
(06-02-2014, 07:17 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 07:01 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Fuck you and your quote bullshit. Is that really the best you got? Google the fucking story, Idiot. You will see his superiors have SAID he left of his own free will, without his weapon and went straight to the Taliban. Servicemen LOST their lives searching for him. What else do you want to know, Crazy Lady? Do your own fucking homework, Crazy Lazy.

Ouch, seems I touched a nerve. I don't know if you can believe anything regarding this story because it will be classified. I have not taken sides, I am asking valid questions, and all you are doing is attacking your Head of State.

You don't have any power to hit a nerve with me. You're just another idiot with a degree that has no common sense to be found anywhere.

Now...be gone. Crash is waiting for you on the Island with grapes and wine...and a fig leaf covering his wiener.
(06-02-2014, 07:29 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Crash is waiting for you on the Island with grapes and wine...and a fig leaf covering his wiener.

You've been Smiley-rolling-joint today, haven't you? You're way off your game..