Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Obama has a pen and he's not afraid to use it with a four letter word. I have a hard time believing that someone high in the food chain in Washington would not hesitate to listen in on the conversations of the opposing party. They are that corrupt and the level of trust in the government has plummeted to the lowest levels in many years.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-23-2013, 01:12 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I say Obama won two terms because his Republican presidential rivals were so fucking crap.

You didn't love McSame and Juggs? Or Kolob Romney and Lyin' Ryan?

I'm thinking it's Hitlery versus Donut boi. I think someone told me that 42 states already have decided DNC or GOP and that the whole race comes down to 8 states and that Hitlery already has 5 of them pretty locked up tight. I like George Pataki because he is a good old boy and a closet Libertarian; but he has a snowball's chance in hell. It has to be the evil bitch versus el rotundo. I'm gonna just waste my vote on LP like I always do. ;-(
(06-03-2015, 12:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: They are that corrupt and the level of trust in the government has plummeted to the lowest levels in many years.

Uh......would it be too much trouble for you to cite your source for the above statement? I like to know what I read is the truth and nothing but the truth. Thanks, hon.......
(06-04-2015, 11:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 12:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: They are that corrupt and the level of trust in the government has plummeted to the lowest levels in many years.

Uh......would it be too much trouble for you to cite your source for the above statement? I like to know what I read is the truth and nothing but the truth. Thanks, hon.......

Are these guys on your side?

Gallup poll

pew research

Gallup international issues
(06-04-2015, 11:43 PM)WhiteMammal Wrote: I'm thinking it's Hitlery versus Donut boi.

I sure don't like Donut boi.

[Image: Ex%20multis%20donuts%20unum.jpg]
I wish Fred Thompson would run. But he's 72. He would be a good president.
[Image: th?id=JN.o%2bNf2r1OSdXtPaqIg1YTTA&pid=15.1&P=0]

He's not dedicated to party lines but he is to his values.
(06-05-2015, 12:20 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 11:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:

Are these guys on your side?

Gallup poll

pew research

Gallup international issues

Although your studies cited are somewhat outdated, people throughout time complain about their Government. The same statement could have been written in 1901 as well......I guess word that bothered me a little was "corrupt." As I mentioned before, my house here in AZ has lost value (don't want to go into details now), but apparently it has now lost $60,000 in value which I will never recover. I still have to pay almost $1,000 per month on the mortgage, however. There was a lot of corruption which caused this problem here in my community. The reason is the big Banks and Wall Street....greed.....giving loans to people who couldn't afford them so numerous homes go into foreclosure in my neighborhood....I will never recover full value where I live in GC. There are certainly corrupt politicians, but maybe ignorance would be a more appropriate word. Remember you have to please all of the people....I personally have seen more corruption in civilian contractors who bid for their services and then our Government supposedly choose cheapest price in interest of us (the taxpayers). I am sure you are aware of how many civilian contractors rip us (the Gov't) off. The military, medicare, etc. have all been scammed by civilian contractors. There is overlap and agencies duplicating the services of another agency. There are no effective check and cross checks to achieve efficiency. There is still too much "pass the buck" in our Government. We have gotten to big for our britches.....We need to downsize and cut programs to become more efficient to achieve our goal of lower taxes (we have a right to want lower taxes for God's sake). We need to bring in a team of efficiency experts and take their advice on where we need to start cutting jobs. I would start with Congress, personally, if you get my drift. Cut their friggin salaries before you mess with Medicare.....

Where in the World and who in the World is going to be able to accomplish this with all the in fighting and partisan politics? The art of not pissing off too many people is a bit rare....We continue to bitch about the "other" party. I don't mind the bitching, but I do object to the disrespect shown for the POTUS.

You say that mistrust is at an all time low....I think it has always been low. Isn't that why we have some people who won't leave their homes without an assault weapon? By God, they are going to be ready when the Gov't tries to destroy them. You see, I am more afraid of those who mistrust the Gov't that much.....if you are that paranoid, then maybe you should visit your local Psychiatrist and get on some meds. But if you want to go hunting during season, I am O.K. with that. I think I am a reasonable, thinking person.....

Well, I see I have been very verbose and I did promise to be more concise so just let me apologize up front for my lengthy post.

Today is anniversary of D-Day and my stepfather (deceased) played an active part in this and visited site every year until his death....

Donald Trump has just declared he is running for the President of the United States in 2016. *snort*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
As long as it's not a Clinton or Bush I'll be happy.

I don't think Donald Trump will ever be POTUS nor do I think some of the others running will be either and apparently not a one of these people have a single qualm about wasting a shit ton of money.
Several months ago "the Donald" made noise that he may run.

I do not believe that "he" would put himself out as much as the POTUS is required to do! It would take up too much of his valuable time.
He's mostly "hot air", and lots of it! hah

(However, it will be interesting to see what his platform will entail.)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(06-16-2015, 01:25 PM)Carsman Wrote: Several months ago "the Donald" made noise that he may run.

I do not believe that "he" would put himself out as much as the POTUS is required to do! It would take up too much of his valuable time.
He's mostly "hot air", and lots of it! hah

(However, it will be interesting to see what his platform will entail.)

That [almost] all the illegal immigrants coming from Mexico are drug using, rapists.

Adios Hispanic vote!
Commando Cunt Queen
[Image: 22688078.jpg?t=1434455220]

So, this is Donald Trump's platform:

- Repeal and replace Obamacare
-No cuts to Social Security
- Build a wall along the Mexican border
-End Common Core in education
-Increase taxes on foreign goods
-'Protect the Second Amendment'

He said he thinks Oprah would be a great VP and that the two of them could easily win as a team.

Somehow I don't think Oprah would get behind his conservative right wing agenda. Call me psychic.

I can't take him seriously. I just can't. I think he's a boob, a blowhard. He's an obnoxious fuck. I suppose we've had worse. 78
(06-16-2015, 05:55 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 22688078.jpg?t=1434455220]

So, this is Donald Trump's platform:

- Repeal and replace Obamacare
-No cuts to Social Security
- Build a wall along the Mexican border
-End Common Core in education
-Increase taxes on foreign goods
-'Protect the Second Amendment'

He said he thinks Oprah would be a great VP and that the two of them could easily win as a team.

Somehow I don't think Oprah would get behind his conservative right wing agenda. Call me psychic.

I think I am psychic, (not psycho), too....We should get our crystal balls and set up shop somewhere. Who, in the World, could take this blowhard seriously....wow, they really have some real winners going to run on the GOP ticket....
I think it's a pretty safe bet that Donald Trump won't get much of the Hispanic/Latino vote. I'm psychic like that.

Today, he doubled down on his controversial comments about Mexican immigrants being drug dealers and rapists. His largely condemned statements were looked upon by some as having been validated this weekend after an undocumented Mexican felon shot to death a random woman in San Francisco.

Here's his (rather long) statement.

I don’t see how there is any room for misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the statement I made on June 16th during my Presidential announcement speech. Here is what I said, and yet this statement is deliberately distorted by the media:

“When Mexico (meaning the Mexican Government) sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you (pointing to the audience). They’re not sending you (pointing again). They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs.They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people! But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.”

What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc. This was evident just this week when, as an example, a young woman in San Francisco was viciously killed by a 5 time deported Mexican with a long criminal record, who was forced back into the United States because they didn’t want him in Mexico. This is merely one of thousands of similar incidents throughout the United States. In other words, the worst elements in Mexico are being pushed into the United States by the Mexican government.

The largest suppliers of heroin, cocaine and other illicit drugs are Mexican cartels that arrange to have Mexican immigrants trying to cross the borders and smuggle in the drugs. The Border Patrol knows this. Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border. The United States has become a dumping ground for Mexico and, in fact, for many other parts of the world. On the other hand, many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it. But these people are here legally, and are severely hurt by those coming in illegally. I am proud to say that I know many hard working Mexicans—many of them are working for and with me…and, just like our country, my organization is better for it.

The Mexican Government wants an open border as long as it’s a ONE WAY open border into the United States. Not only are they killing us at the border, but they are killing us on trade … and the country of Mexico is making billions of dollars in doing so.

I have great respect for Mexico and love their people and their peoples’ great spirit. The problem is, however, that their leaders are far smarter, more cunning, and better negotiators than ours. To the citizens of the United States, who I will represent far better than anyone else as President, the Mexican government is not our friend…and why should they be when the relationship is totally one sided in their favor on both illegal immigration and trade. I have pointed this out during my speeches and it is something Mexico doesn’t want me to say. In actuality, it was only after my significant rise in the polls that Univision, previously my friend, went ballistic. I believe that my examples of bad trade deals for the United States was of even more concern to the Mexican government than my talk of border security.

I have lost a lot during this Presidential run defending the people of the United States. I have always heard that it is very hard for a successful person to run for President. Macy’s, NBC, Serta and NASCAR have all taken the weak and very sad position of being politically correct even though they are wrong in terms of what is good for our country. Univision, because 70% of their business comes from Mexico, in my opinion, is being dictated to by the Mexican Government. The last thing Mexico wants is Donald Trump as President in that I will make great trade deals for the United States and will have an impenetrable border--only legally approved people will come through easily.

Interestingly, Univision has just announced they are attempting to go public despite very poor and even negative earnings, which is not a good situation for a successful IPO or high stock price—not to mention that I am currently suing them for breach of contract. Remember, Univision is the one who began this charade in the first place, and they are owned by one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest backers. After the speech was made, there were numerous compliments and indeed, many rave “reviews”—there was very little criticism. It wasn’t until a week after my announcement that people started to totally distort these very easy to understand words. If there was something stated incorrectly, it would have been brought up immediately and with great enthusiasm.

The issues I have addressed, and continue to address, are vital steps to Make America Great Again! Additionally, I would be the best jobs President that God ever created. Let’s get to work!

Is he full of shit on this issue, or do you kinda have to agree with The Donald?
Agree with him.
The thing Trump has going for him is that he can say what other people may really want to say, but can't. I think he may be good for the primary process, because he will be able to engage and touch very sensitive issues without fear of his political future. Most other candidates can't say that same thing.
(07-06-2015, 10:26 PM)Jimbone Wrote: The thing Trump has going for him is that he can say what other people may really want to say, but can't. I think he may be good for the primary process, because he will be able to engage and touch very sensitive issues without fear of his political future. Most other candidates can't say that same thing.

I agree with some of what Trump said. It's a risk to afford illegal immigrants sanctuary; you don't know what you're getting. Allow enough of them in, you're bound to get some shit (and some roses) in the bunch. I think it's insane that someone who is deported for a felony crime can keep getting back in and committing more crimes, over and over.

But, I don't in any way view the U.S. as a dumping ground for Mexico. I live in California. I know a lot of Mexicans; some legal and some not. All but a couple work their asses off to take care of their families, none of whom have ever tried to rape me or sell me drugs. But, that's just my limited experience.

I wonder where Trump gets his info that the Mexican government is intentionally pushing criminals over the border. My experience with the Federales is that they have no problem taking out low-life trash they've already picked up. I'd like to hear his source of info to back up that claim.

Anyway, I think you're right about Trump being good for the process. Not only because, as you noted, he can speak unfiltered about controversial and PC issues without worrying about the cost of waging and losing a campaign or alienating voters (I'd guess he's sharp enough to know his chances of victory are slim). But also because by doing so, it puts pressure on other candidates from both parties to publicly respond to those same issues, especially if he specifically calls them out by name -- issues those more traditional candidates would otherwise choose to skim over or evade but which seriously need to be addressed.

Plus, the comb-over asshole is almost always entertaining.

I agree with some of what he says but his obnoxious fucked up-ness overrides it all. I sometimes find him amusing but again that friggin' attitude of his turns me right the fuck off.

It's my feeling that many people vote for who they like and Donald is not a likeable character.