Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 YR OLD DEORR KUNZ JR, MISSING FROM IDAHO CAMPGROUND
[Image: 2A88131900000578-3161336-image-m-167_1436907570715.jpg]

The boy's parents said that as soon as they realized that he was missing, they searched far and wide for him for 20 minutes before calling the police.

When police arrived they launched a widespread search for the tot spanning at least 2.5 miles.

The rescue effort included hundreds of volunteers, helicopters, search dogs and the Salmon Search and Rescue and the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office.

But they did not locate the child.

[Image: 2A88DD2A00000578-3161336-image-a-1_1436920171566.jpg]
The parents, ^ Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, describe how, during their camping trip, they decided to explore the area.

'We decided we were gonna do a little exploring,' Kunz Sr. told East Idaho News. 'It's such a small area – that's what a lot of people don't understand. They just assume, 'How could you let your kid out of your sight.' Well, this area is pretty well blocked in and there's no way you couldn't see him.'

'Who would harm us this way?' Mitchell said. 'Especially knowing how much he means to us. He's everything to us.'

Search and rescue efforts to locate the child were scaled back on Sunday, The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office said. But Kunz Sr. said search efforts are ongoing.

A spokesperson for The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office confirmed that 'rescue efforts have not been called off but they were no longer asking for outside help in the search.'

The little boy's parents say they've gained strength from the fact that they've been inundated with help from the general public.

On Monday, they held a vigil after the weekend search for their son. At least 200 people attended.

Refs:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3fuzGTrvw
http://fox13now.com/2015/07/14/well-find...g-toddler/
Wow
Just heart breaking!

5 days is already too long for him to be found alive, sure hope I'm wrong.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

If little Deorr wandered off on his own in the forested area, I don't think you're wrong Cars. Sadly.

The good news is there's been no sign that the baby was gotten by a wild animal and the area has been searched repeatedly for about a 3 mile radius mile around the campground. And, the nearby creek was searched extensively and also turned up no sign of the boy.

The parents say that they believe Deorr was abducted, but they also said they didn't think anything of turning their backs on him because it was a small isolated area and they could see him easily. If that's true, it seems unlikely to me that someone could have snatched the baby without anyone noticing, but it's possible.

Deorr's blanket, cup, and stuffed monkey (which he reportedly always carried with him) were found at the campsite, which could support the abduction scenario.

Hoping for the best.
When I'm camping around here, I'll have my dog with me. I never let him out of my sight. A 2 year old? By a running creek? How irresponsible can someone be? Not so sure I'm buying the parents story here.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

This boy is dead. I think we all know that.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-16-2015, 08:59 AM)ramseycat Wrote: This boy is dead. I think we all know that.
Unless some creepo is keeping him alive to do horrible things to him. There's been no mention of wealth so I have to assume a ransom isn't involved.
These things never turn out well. It's going to be the parents.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
It could be the parents.

One thing that came up in an interview with the dad in this case bothered me a little. After Deorr was reported missing, a clerk at the store near the campsite called police and told them that she saw a man with a filthy, bawling blond boy who came to the store in a black truck that day and got candy for the boy.

The dad, Deorr Kunz Sr., told a reporter that it was him and Deorr Jr., but that they'd gone to the store hours before the boy went missing and the clerk was way off on the timing.

Another thing that's a little odd is that on the 911 call, the boy's mom Jessica Mitchell said that she, her husband, and her grandfather (who the parents say they presumed was watching Deorr Jr. while they went to check out the creek for about 10 minutes, only about 50 yards away) searched for Deorr for about an hour before calling 911. In an interview, the parents indicated they'd searched for about 20 minutes before making that call.

Here's the interview with the parents; it's an interesting watch.

The parents are very calm, IMO, and the father focuses a hell of a lot on the technicalities of the search and thanking the searchers. Those things may be nothing more than a reflection of their personalities, they're just things that struck me for whatever reason.

Then again, there are many many cases of missing children who were in fact abducted - it's not always the parents and sometimes the children are found alive. I hope that's the case here. However, even though authorities searched and cleared the creek, I won't be shocked if the baby is ultimately found in the water.

[Image: 635725822566102638-Stone-Reservoir-above...oehlke.jpg]
^ The Timber Creek Reservoir campground in Idaho
I would like to see what the grandfather has to say since he's the one who was watching him while the parents walked down to the creek. If the parents did something to the little boy then he would have to be covering for them.

The father does focus a lot on the technicalities of the search and seems to suggest that someone had to have taken him since they did such a thorough search. If it were me I'd be clinging on to the hope that he's lost somewhere in the woods, not abducted.
(07-16-2015, 01:20 PM)sally Wrote: I would like to see what the grandfather has to say since he's the one who was watching him while the parents walked down to the creek. If the parents did something to the little boy then he would have to be covering for them.

The father does focus a lot on the technicalities of the search and seems to suggest that someone had to have taken him since they did such a thorough search. If it were me I'd be clinging on to the hope that he's lost somewhere in the woods, not abducted.
The last person to see him is always at the very least a person of interest. Usually a suspect, so it will be a while before we're privy to that info.
(07-16-2015, 01:20 PM)sally Wrote: I would like to see what the grandfather has to say since he's the one who was watching him while the parents walked down to the creek. If the parents did something to the little boy then he would have to be covering for them.

I too would like to hear from gramps. The article pasted below is the first I've heard that gramps had a friend with him at the campsite that day. I'd like to hear from that friend too.

The Latest:
Two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. went missing Friday afternoon when his mother, father and grandfather and his grandfather's friend were all camping on Timber Creek Road near Leadore, Idaho.

We have new information just released today from the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office.

They say scent-tracking dogs led searchers to the banks of Stone Reservoir.

This is the second time divers have searched the reservoir (4/10ths of a mile from the campsite), which is shallow, small and clear.

Meanwhile, DeOrr's parents are also here. His father told us that he is not leaving this area until his boy is found.

The mother, father and the toddler's aunt are all camped out about a mile away from their former campsite to be here in case he is found.

Tanisha Kunz, DeOrr's aunt, spoke on behalf of the parents. She says at this time they don't want anyone up there because the divers need to be focused on their search efforts.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/ida.../30209081/
If grandpa or the friend did something to him they'd have to be pretty quick since the parents say they were only at the creek for 10 mins.

My guess is he's in the water which is terrible, but still better than being abducted and killed by a sicko.
It's difficult to believe that any of the adults would have done something to the baby and gotten all of the other adults to conspire to cover it up, whether the baby was harmed accidentally or purposely.

I wanna hear from gramps and friend; I wanna know if they saw the baby at all after mom and dad reportedly went down to the creek, what gramps and friend were doing, if they saw anyone else in the area, etc...

I think the baby is most likely in the water too. Nobody was watching him and he probably toddled off to explore and accidentally fell in. If they find him there, an autopsy will show whether he had been harmed or killed before he entered the water.

I still hope that he was abducted by one of those assholes who takes kids to keep them rather than kill them, but I believe that's a remote possibility.

Horrible Horrible Horrible

I don't know what to think. I know people deal with stress in a variety of ways. I'm pretty sure I'd be wailin' like a fishwife or in a drugged stupor. I can't even really get my mind to imagine how godawful it would be to have your child missing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm always suspicious of the parents when they're so calm because I know I'd be a mess and barely able to talk. But with the grandpa and friend being in the picture it makes it harder to believe that they did something to him. Unless they're all just crazy fucks covering it up which could be possible I guess.
The father is hiding something. He appeared in the store with a "filthy (neglect?), bawling, little boy......according to the clerk.....That is red flag IMO.
Maybe an Eagle swooped down and snatched him.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What Duch said, drugged stupor, drug me up and wake me up when it's all over.
(07-16-2015, 06:11 AM)thekid65 Wrote: When I'm camping around here, I'll have my dog with me. I never let him out of my sight. A 2 year old? By a running creek? How irresponsible can someone be? Not so sure I'm buying the parents story here.

Yeah I smell fish. Nobody just leaves a toddler alone in a campsite.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.