Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Saturday UFC fights
Anyone watch them? A good fight tonight light heavyweight Feldbar Vs.Barboza (I probably spelled them wrong) but the fight was great! Spinning heel kicks, spinning back punches, even a few axe kicks. Feldbar lost but he was a tough bird for sure.

Ronda Rousey bantum wt. will fight next weekend. She's a great fighter and it should be good. I think she will win.

Anyone watch any of this?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-25-2015, 11:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ronda Rousey bantum wt. will fight next weekend. She's a great fighter and it should be good. I think she will win.

I know someone who likes her a lot so I may tune in just so I can talk to him about it.

It's more than a little bizarre to see women fighting like men.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Is that the one where she's going to fight the Brazilian chick? I want to see that one. Rhonda Rousey said she knocks her opponents out quick because she likes them, but she's going to make this one slow and painful.
(07-26-2015, 11:36 AM)sally Wrote: Is that the one where she's going to fight the Brazilian chick?

Yeah, it looks that way. I just checked and Ronda's opponent is Brazilian. Her fighting nickname is Pitbull.
I just read an article about her and I'm kind of scared for her. Four years ago she was a chubby average woman that never fought anyone in her life. She doesn't have as much experience as Ronda Rousey.

Here they are -

Ronda will win have you ever seen her fight? She's very good.

I believe she meant Hane Goshi.
(07-25-2015, 11:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ronda Rousey bantum wt. will fight next weekend. She's a great fighter and it should be good. I think she will win.

You were right, she did win. She knocked her opponent out in 34 seconds. Her last 3 fights have lasted a total of 64 seconds.

[Image: 55bdb66e1d00002f001438b6.jpeg]
She's such a hot tamale. Or whatever she says. She told "Correia "Don't cry" after the fight. hah

Here it is:

I checked back in during my self-imposed hermitage to see how Mock was faring, and am extremely surprised this didn't get more attention:

I would have thought with the collection of bright feminine/feminist minds (no sarcasm I swear) here there might be a spirited conversation. So?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(08-02-2015, 11:51 AM)Donovan Wrote: I would have thought with the collection of bright feminine/feminist minds (no sarcasm I swear) here there might be a spirited conversation. So?

Maybe because none of us feel like a DNB, there was no reason to defend ourselves or it could be because we weren't aware of the video or maybe no one cares. I don't know, really.
Wasn't implying anything but it's a provocative statement from a strong woman calling out a great many other women. Figured there'd be some opinions here. Oh well.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Did my post come across as snarky? If so, it wasn't intended that way. I know I'm misunderstood sometimes because people can't hear my tone.
That chick shouldn't have talked about Rhonda's family. She's a badass without an attitude. Piss her off and you have yourself more than a hand full.
I would push my Grandmother in front of me if she was coming at me.
(08-04-2015, 11:36 AM)Maggot Wrote: I would push my Grandmother in front of me if she was coming at me.
I wouldn't trade punches with her either.
My Ronda like is now love. Bottom1

[Image: Rousey-Topless-1024x700.jpg]

[Image: Rousey-on-Mat-1024x700.jpg]

[Image: Rousey-Instagram.jpeg]

[Image: Rousey-Sand-1024x662.jpg]

[Image: Rousey-Strap-700x1024.jpg]
(08-02-2015, 11:51 AM)Donovan Wrote: I checked back in during my self-imposed hermitage to see how Mock was faring, and am extremely surprised this didn't get more attention:

I would have thought with the collection of bright feminine/feminist minds (no sarcasm I swear) here there might be a spirited conversation. So?

I took it as her just responding to the people making fun of her body being masculine. Of course she's going to be a little masculine, you don't become a UFC champion who knocks their opponents out in 34 seconds looking like a Barbie doll.
I loved that she said it, that girl is confident as hell and backs up what she says. Reminds me of Ali in his prime. Anybody remember the first bout he had after he changed his name? His opponent kept calling him Cassius Clay before the bout, and Ali whipped him like a dog all around the ring, nailing him with shot after shot and then demanding, "What's my name?"

Note: I found the details, it was Ernie Terrell and I found a video of the highlights, but the entire fight is also online. There is also an exchange with Howard Cosell that starts the whole thing because Terrell calls him Cassius a couple times during the interview.