Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2015
(12-28-2015, 01:58 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 03:08 AM)Cutz Wrote: Rant Rant Rant,
Worst of all, I was fucking there in person to see how fucking bad you looked.
Rant Rant Rant.
Yeah I was there.
Amazing seats, terrible parking, chilly but not awful, horrible horrible performance.
Were you wearing and old school Eagles beanie by chance? They flashed a dude on the screen shaking his head. Kinda looked like you. Crossed my mind... I wonder if that's cutz???
(12-28-2015, 06:32 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 06:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I still view the 'Skins as insignificant even though they kicked our ass.

I don't think they're as bad as you think.
Wait until they face a team that can stop the run. You'll see just how bad they are.
Denver finally is fulfilling the fears I had about them early on. Not as strong as their win record portrayed them to be. Should be interesting to see if they rally tonight or fold like fresh laundry.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(12-28-2015, 06:41 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Were you wearing and old school Eagles beanie by chance? They flashed a dude on the screen shaking his head. Kinda looked like you. Crossed my mind... I wonder if that's cutz???

I don't think I look like you think I look. No, I was up on the 2nd level where the camera rarely shoots. Wearing a JMatt jersey and an underamour ballcap. Had a great view because we were in the 3rd row of the cheapseats. Pretty good entertainment aspect of being there. No commercials, no stupid camera angles where the camera guy gets fooled. Got to see the routes and everything, I loved it. Except for the horrible loss with a stupid pitch play. Who runs a pitch play on a wet night.

(12-28-2015, 07:21 PM)Donovan Wrote: Denver finally is fulfilling the fears I had about them early on. Not as strong as their win record portrayed them to be. Should be interesting to see if they rally tonight or fold like fresh laundry.

Was an interesting matchup with Osweiler and McCarron. Are they starters of the future, backups of the future, who knows. I worry about their chances against playoff teams at full strength, and as for the Bengals, I hope they get Dalton back.
I think Ossweiler has the talent to be a franchise QB, and I expect next year he will be officially.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(12-29-2015, 08:37 AM)Donovan Wrote: I think Ossweiler has the talent to be a franchise QB, and I expect next year he will be officially.
He's a FA next year so if Denver doesn't secure him someone else will. He looked pretty shaky in the first half and I don't think there's enough sample size to say he has what it takes yet. Time will tell, but I guarantee if he starts running into trouble Kubiac will pull the Manning trigger. And it's Osweiler (for the 3rd time).hah
(12-29-2015, 03:50 AM)Cutz Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 06:41 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Were you wearing and old school Eagles beanie by chance? They flashed a dude on the screen shaking his head. Kinda looked like you. Crossed my mind... I wonder if that's cutz???

I don't think I look like you think I look. No, I was up on the 2nd level where the camera rarely shoots. Wearing a JMatt jersey and an underamour ballcap. Had a great view because we were in the 3rd row of the cheapseats. Pretty good entertainment aspect of being there. No commercials, no stupid camera angles where the camera guy gets fooled. Got to see the routes and everything, I loved it. Except for the horrible loss with a stupid pitch play. Who runs a pitch play on a wet night.

(12-28-2015, 07:21 PM)Donovan Wrote: Denver finally is fulfilling the fears I had about them early on. Not as strong as their win record portrayed them to be. Should be interesting to see if they rally tonight or fold like fresh laundry.

Was an interesting matchup with Osweiler and McCarron. Are they starters of the future, backups of the future, who knows. I worry about their chances against playoff teams at full strength, and as for the Bengals, I hope they get Dalton back.
A fatter hairier Robert Carradine is what I think you look like. hah

I just got a text saying the Eagles released Chip Kelly. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
what a pitiful year....oh well, whatcha think about Kelley getting canned? who's the next east coach that's gonna get the ax? hell I wouldn't be surprised if garrett gets canned too
(12-29-2015, 09:21 PM)cruehead Wrote: whatcha think about Kelley getting canned?

Gobsmacked.
(12-27-2015, 11:54 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 11:51 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 11:43 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Are the Eagles better off with or without Chip Kelly?

I'm not Cutz. I'm Captain Obvious.

I'm going to say with. I have great fear of the unknown and of be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

And for me, as a casual observer of the Eagles, it would appear that they are trending downward right now, and it's all due to his decision-making.

A pretty good source has informed me that Mr. Lurie reads my thoughts on the NFL right here in Mock.

He agreed with me obviously that Coach Kelly needed to go.

Hope Eagles fans get the coach they're hoping for.
(12-29-2015, 10:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hope Eagles fans get the coach they're hoping for.

Who would that be?

I don't even know what to think. I'm dying to know what went down that firing him now (rather than next week) was a priority.
The current scuttlebutt is that Lurie wanted to pull his GM authority and Chip was resistant (no clue as to the veracity of the idea.) Lurie is giving a presser today so he'll explain his reasoning, but it's a surprising move/timing for Lurie who's been an understanding owner in the past. I'm as shocked as you are Duch.

Coaching candidates? I don't even know. Shurmur and McDermott have been thrown out there already. There's interesting names that could be floated. Rob Ryan, Mike Smith, a Shanahan, Josh McDaniels, etc. etc. Then there's the entire realm of college coaches. Lot of uncertainty. Be prepared for the Eagles to suck for a couple years.
Chip was a great coach, I remember him when he coached the wildcats.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-30-2015, 07:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 10:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hope Eagles fans get the coach they're hoping for.

Who would that be?

I don't even know what to think. I'm dying to know what went down that firing him now (rather than next week) was a priority.
The rumors are flying. I heard today that there have been conversations with Billick. Sean Peyton has been mentioned as well as Gus Bradley (who just said he's staying in Jacksonville for another year, but you know how those things go). Personally I don't see Rob Ryan as a real candidate based on his recent track record of hires and fires and where those teams were before and after his hiring and firing. Of the lists of coaches so far, I'd prefer to see Peyton as our next HC. A lot of his former successful players are already with us. hah
I was looking through college coaches... I think David Shaw is an interesting consider.
(12-30-2015, 03:36 PM)Cutz Wrote: I was looking through college coaches... I think David Shaw is an interesting consider.
They made an offer to Kevin Sumlin in 2013 as well. Brian Kelly probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but he'd be worth a look. Shaw makes sense though. He has coaching assistant experience in the NFL and with the Eagles back in 97. In fact i'd throw my hat in the ring for Shaw. He has that smash mouth shove it down your throat offensive scheme. Good call cutz.
plus nobody can call him racist
(12-30-2015, 04:17 PM)Cutz Wrote: plus nobody can call him racist
hah
(12-30-2015, 08:47 AM)Cutz Wrote: Lurie is giving a presser today so he'll explain his reasoning

I just had the opportunity to watch it in full.

I've always thought that I've understood why Mr. Lurie took the risk he did with a college coach and I still feel that way, even here at the end of my very sucky season I am glad he took such a risk. I'm not going to bitch about my dashed hopes for my team.

I think the only players who liked Chip were the kids, and only because they didn't know any better. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I want to keep Sam.

I'm concerned about someone new coming in and getting rid of those I think are very productive players like Malcolm and Darren and quite a few others.

I don't know enough about football to speak of 4-3, 3-4 or whatever the hell it's called, I only know I have concerns about losing good people.