Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This years Superbowl food
(02-04-2016, 07:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 06:06 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: So the super bowl is this w/e?

Yes, it is. My team isn't in it. 34

My team is, the Broncos....since I lived there in late 90's when Elway took us to two Super Bowls in a row.....

And, I bought cute little Bronco baby outfits for all the babies and toddlers in my family and their father tossed them in the trash....He still lives in Kansas so he is a Chiefs fan still...One Christmas, he bought me a huge Chiefs sweatshirt, but I didn't throw it in the trash...I use it when i paint, clean the toilet, pick up dog poop, that kind of thing.....
Hmm, got some visitors coming Sunday, guess I cooking.
I think I'll do roasted Chicken with orange, sage and garlic. Served on a bed of Rice with mushroom gravy.
Salad with both red and white wine. Got to see what the GF is making for desert
(02-04-2016, 07:21 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: My team is, the Broncos

I think that's Donovan's team too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Its a toss up between green pea soup with a big hambone from Christmas in the crotch pot or real French fries and mozzarella balls fried in Crisco on the deep fryer. I have 24hrs to decide.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-04-2016, 08:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: Its a toss up between green pea soup with a big hambone from Christmas in the crotch pot or real French fries and mozzarella balls fried in Crisco on the deep fryer. I have 24hrs to decide.

Fuckit, do both
(02-05-2016, 12:39 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 08:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: Its a toss up between green pea soup with a big hambone from Christmas in the crotch pot or real French fries and mozzarella balls fried in Crisco on the deep fryer. I have 24hrs to decide.

Fuckit, do both

I'll tell her to get right on that.
Well, I am making the pot roast, as described in the other thread. Later we will have some shrimp and I am also making a really good Buffalo chicken dip, which is served warm with crackers or any chip of choice. It is a pretty good dip.
Last night I made a clam dip. That did not last the evening. Not bad at all.
(02-07-2016, 04:23 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Buffalo chicken dip, which is served warm with crackers or any chip of choice. It is a pretty good dip.

Can you elaborate on that a little? I heard someone talking about it the other day. I've never had a warm dip before.
Duchess, it is usually variations of this recipe:

1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup Louisiana Style Hot Sauce (or Franks red hot)
1 cup ranch dressing
3 cans chunk white chicken
1 cup shredded cheese
corn or tortilla chips (dammit, I am using Doritos)

in small bowl combine cream cheese, hot sauce and salad dressing, stir in chicken
Spread into un greased baking pan. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered 350 degrees 20-22 minute. Or til heated through (if you yell out oh shit when you stick your finger in, it is heated through)

A bartender I was talking with yesterday says she makes it with blue cheese dressig
I make it with the blue cheese too just because I like blue cheese and that's the traditional dressing that buffalo wings are dipped in.

Jalapeno popper dip is another good hot dip.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/jalap...per-spread
The popper spread looks good. I considered it, but decided to go with the chick one this time. I have made the stuffed poppers..with the cream cheese and stuff. They were good. A friend who claimed to hate hot peppers even loved it.
I was just reading this thread and started to get hungry. A new game is coming and it's good to be prepared.
(02-07-2016, 06:05 PM)sally Wrote: I make it with the blue cheese too just because I like blue cheese and that's the traditional dressing that buffalo wings are dipped in.

I used bleu cheese when I made mine back in August as a trial run. I was pretty pungent the next day. hah
(01-03-2017, 02:14 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 06:05 PM)sally Wrote: I make it with the blue cheese too just because I like blue cheese and that's the traditional dressing that buffalo wings are dipped in.

I used bleu cheese when I made mine back in August as a trial run. I was pretty pungent the next day. hah

Oh, I bet you are pungent every day.....hah
(01-03-2017, 01:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: I was just reading this thread and started to get hungry. A new game is coming and it's good to be prepared.

I am prepared. I have the phone numbers of pizza and wings restaurants that deliver and I am minutes away from stores that sell prepackaged dips.
(01-03-2017, 06:53 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 01:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: I was just reading this thread and started to get hungry. A new game is coming and it's good to be prepared.

I am prepared. I have the phone numbers of pizza and wings restaurants that deliver and I am minutes away from stores that sell to prepackaged dips.

That must be very nice indeed.
(01-03-2017, 08:58 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 06:53 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

I am prepared. I have the phone numbers of pizza and wings restaurants that deliver and I am minutes away from stores that sell to prepackaged dips.

That must be very nice indeed.

It is. Thank you. You're definitely invited to this fat lazy fuck's funeral...later this year?

Not funny
(01-04-2017, 06:21 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Not funny

Sorry. I didn't mean to be dark and bitter. Just reacting to what I perceived as Maggot being a bit sarcastic and insincere. I was going to blame it on stress caused by work, but I was still on vacation yesterday.
You can make healthy meals that taste good and are fairly easy and cheap? Do you have any idea how to do that, Clang? Or do you just always eat junk because you think it's easier?