Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(04-21-2016, 02:28 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Prince dead at 57...

I've watched this video a half dozen times over the years and am still awestruck at what a trmendous guitar Prince is/was.

Rolling Stone has him ranked at #33 all time, but Eric Clapton once responded when someone asked him what its like to be the best living guitar player, "I don't know. Go ask Prince."

I guess he was spotted 4 times this week at a local Walgreen's purchasing flu meds. It's right down the street from me.

Can you see his home from the street? It looks as if he lives within feet of the road. I can't see the whole house but what I can see looks very cold & uninviting. It's white and stark, all straight lines.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-21-2016, 02:31 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: That is a load of crap. He had clearance from another Doc. I'd also lay odds that Angus' hearing is worse than Brian's since he's been in front of those stacks much longer than Brian has. Angus just wanted Axl.

I haven't seen Brian Johnson's medical records nor spoken with Angus, so I only know what Brian himself announced a couple of days ago. He says the band had to cancel the last 10 shows of their European tour because his hearing was getting worse and his doctor told him that if he continued to play stadium venues, he risked going deaf. He said he's absolutely crushed and depressed not to be able to perform for the fans, but he intends to continue recording.

I don't know why Angus wouldn't want Brian when they've already had to replace Malcolm due to dementia and Phil Rudd is stuck in New Zealand in trouble with the law. Losing your guitarist, your drummer, and now your front man seems like a tough blow for the band and the fans. But, I don't have any problem believing that Brian might not love the idea of being replaced on tour after 30 years; gotta be a blow.

2016 has been a tough year for rock n' rollers.
(04-21-2016, 06:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 02:28 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Prince dead at 57...

I've watched this video a half dozen times over the years and am still awestruck at what a trmendous guitar Prince is/was.

Rolling Stone has him ranked at #33 all time, but Eric Clapton once responded when someone asked him what its like to be the best living guitar player, "I don't know. Go ask Prince."

I guess he was spotted 4 times this week at a local Walgreen's purchasing flu meds. It's right down the street from me.
Rolling Stone's "rankings" have very little to do with technical knowledge or talent. He was a good guitarist.
(04-21-2016, 06:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Can you see his home from the street? It looks as if he lives within feet of the road. I can't see the whole house but what I can see looks very cold & uninviting. It's white and stark, all straight lines.

Yes, it sits on the south side of Hwy 5 in Chanhassen, a suburb SW of Mpls (about 25 mins drive time).

It's also a recording studio which is why it looks the way it does.

I honestly had no idea he was even remotely ill.

Pretty shocking to see how quickly one can succumb to an illness like influenza.
My 10 favorite Prince tracks:

1. When Doves Cry
2. Delirious
3. Little Red Corvette
4. Let's Go Crazy
5. Raspberry Beret
6. I Would Die 4 U
7. Purple Rain
8. Kiss
9. U Got The Look
10. Sign O The Times

Edit: how did I forget these two?

3A Baby I'm a Star
8A I Wanna Be Your Lover
I'm really curious to find out Prince's cause of death so shortly after being released from the hospital.

He was a devout Jehovah's Witness. So, I could see him refusing a necessary procedure that required a blood transfusion, but that doesn't explain all the flu medicine.

[Image: 1a.jpg?w=470]
I don't know if anyone remembers ^ Vanity from the 80s. I saw her play a couple of times at a club in LA. She was a pretty good performer and effin' stunning; she was linked professionally and personally to Prince way back then. Anyway, a couple of months ago I read that she'd just died of abdominal and kidney issues. She was only 57 too.
I'm glad his death isn't getting lost in all the political bullshit. Normally that's the only thing on nighttime news programs but tonight it's all about Prince.
(04-21-2016, 06:48 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Edit: how did I forget these two?

3A Baby I'm a Star
8A I Wanna Be Your Lover

I don't know how you forgot, you Sexy Mother Fucker.

But, it's a good list. Prince didn't make any bad music, in my opinion -- always sexy stuff.

I especially like "Kiss", I even like the Tom Jones' version a lot.
I love U got the look. Among many others.

Oh wait-what about the batman song!
I guess I'm an asshole yuppie for saying my favorite was 1999?

Oh well, I can't change what my ears like.
[Image: Instagram-More-sad-news-64dc85.png]
hah I don't think anyone likes him. Does that make me racist?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

He has a crappy, arrogant demeanor and that's a turn off to most people.

...and his taste in fashion sucks ass.

Now I'm thinking about him posing his nearly naked wife in a dirt pile and calling it high fashion. hah
Just feel lucky its not him doing it, she's dumb enough to do it and smile. Her parents probably had to buy her grammar school diploma.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.

An electric word, life, that means forever, and that's a mighty long time, but I mean to tell ya, there's something else: the afterworld.

A world of never-ending happiness. You can always see the sun, day or night.

Prince- Lets Go Crazy
I bet he was a druggy and was doing it for a long time.
(04-22-2016, 10:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: I bet he was a druggy and was doing it for a long time.

You mean junkie or druggie (marijuana and/or prescription drugs)?

I've never considered myself a druggie because I like to smoke a lil' weed...just sayin'.
(04-22-2016, 10:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: I bet he was a druggy and was doing it for a long time.
He wasn't ever a druggie from what I've heard and for as long as he's been on stage it would be apparent if he was. He always took pride in being drug free.