Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(04-22-2016, 11:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I've never considered myself a druggie because I like to smoke a lil' weed...just sayin'.
Yeah, weed does not equal druggie. Almost all of my friends smoke weed daily and function much better than my alcoholic friends.

You'll never see a pothead say and/or do the kinds of things a drunk says & does.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-22-2016, 10:55 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: I bet he was a druggy and was doing it for a long time.

You mean junkie or druggie (marijuana and/or prescription drugs)?

pills or H
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-22-2016, 11:36 AM)Duchess Wrote:

You'll never see a pothead say and/or do the kinds of things a drunk says & does.

My husband smokes it daily and I can't tell the difference when he's stoned or not, he goes to work high and functions like someone who is completely sober. I do think it could be addictive though. Not like alcohol and other drugs, but more along the lines of how a coffee drinker feels when they don't get their morning coffee. Which would be me, the second I get out of bed I walk straight to the coffee maker and then if I find that I ran out of coffee I start panicking.
(04-22-2016, 11:09 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: I bet he was a druggy and was doing it for a long time.
He wasn't ever a druggie from what I've heard and for as long as he's been on stage it would be apparent if he was. He always took pride in being drug free.

Yeah, HotD said he was a devout JW and as you know she always speaks the facts hah. And I don't know of any devout JW's who are druggies, they're very disciplined in their beliefs.
(04-22-2016, 12:09 PM)sally Wrote: if I find that I ran out of coffee I start panicking.

Panic is too strong a word to use but if I discovered I didn't have any weed I wouldn't be a happy camper. I never get myself in a position to find out though, I always have weed.
(04-22-2016, 12:14 PM)sally Wrote:
He wasn't ever a druggie from what I've heard and for as long as he's been on stage it would be apparent if he was. He always took pride in being drug free.

Yeah, HotD said he was a devout JW and as you know she always speaks the facts hah. And I don't know of any devout JW's who are druggies, they're very disciplined in their beliefs.
A Bisexual JW? I didn't know such an animal existed.
(04-22-2016, 12:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 12:09 PM)sally Wrote: if I find that I ran out of coffee I start panicking.

Panic is too strong a word to use but if I discovered I didn't have any weed I wouldn't be a happy camper. I never get myself in a position to find out though, I always have weed.
Pothead. Blowing-kisses

Yup, but other than my close friends, y'all are the only people who know.
(04-22-2016, 12:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yup, but other than my close friends, y'all are the only people who know.
Your secret is safe with me. And if people see you in a different light because you smoke weed I think they can just fuck right off.
(04-22-2016, 12:20 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

A Bisexual JW? I didn't know such an animal existed.

Well I think once he became a JW he probably had to quit that hanky panky.
(04-22-2016, 12:25 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Your secret is safe with me. And if people see you in a different light because you smoke weed I think they can just fuck right off.

The only people whose opinion I care about are those I like & respect. Everyone else can eat a bag o' shit.
(04-22-2016, 12:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 12:25 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Your secret is safe with me. And if people see you in a different light because you smoke weed I think they can just fuck right off.

The only people whose opinion I care about are those I like & respect. Everyone else can eat a bag o' shit.

Or a dick? hah

I don't always speak the facts. I speak a lot of opinions too, sally. But, hitch your ass right up to that bandwagon. hah

Prince spoke openly about his conversion and his faith over the last couple of years, and he sometimes went door to door to promote the JW religion.

But, I think it's possible that he could have had a problem with prescription drugs and still have been a devout JW, as he claimed, whether or not drugs contributed to his death in any way. As far as I know, JWs aren't prohibited from taking medications for health issues (and they can obviously have chronic pain or get addicted like anyone else).

So far..........I've seen speculation that he died of drug abuse, the flu, a heart attack, AIDS...

Anyway, I don't think the full autopsy results with tox results will be known for a couple of weeks (that's just a guess, not a fact).
(04-22-2016, 02:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

I don't always speak the facts. I speak a lot of opinions too, sally. But, hitch your ass right up to that bandwagon. hah

Prince spoke openly about his conversion and his faith over the last couple of years, and he sometimes went door to door to promote the JW religion.

But, I think it's possible that he could have had a problem with prescription drugs and still have been a devout JW, as he claimed, whether or not drugs contributed to his death in any way. As far as I know, JWs aren't prohibited from taking medications for health issues (and they can obviously have chronic pain or get addicted like anyone else).

So far..........I've seen speculation that he died of drug abuse, the flu, a heart attack, AIDS...

Anyway, I don't think the full autopsy results with tox results will be known for a couple of weeks (that's just a guess, not a fact).
You won't get an argument from me on this fact.
That's good, Gunnar. There's really no reasonable argument to be made.

I post my opinions frequently and label them as such. You post your opinions as if they're facts frequently.

There's room for different styles here.
(04-22-2016, 11:56 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:55 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

You mean junkie or druggie (marijuana and/or prescription drugs)?

pills or H

Pills it was.

An apparent 25 year addiction.
This isn't news but...I just saw Billy Idol. He looks like somebody's grandpa.
(04-23-2016, 03:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Pills it was.

An apparent 25 year addiction.

He was a mysterious guy.

I read that the emergency landing 6 days before his death was due to a prescription pain drug overdose. Prince was taken to the hospital and given a "save shot", after which he was released and seemed fine. He died in an elevator on his property and there were no signs of trauma to his body or indications that he committed suicide. But, his friend and lawyer of 25 years says the rumors that Prince was an addict or died of an overdose are false and nobody should jump to those conclusions; no cause of death or tox results have been released yet.

Yesterday, Prince's sister and five half siblings filed a petition in probate court. Prince reportedly didn't leave a will and he had no spouse or children. So, the siblings are considered next in line for inheritance, according to Minnesota law.

I've seen some reports that the family is worried that Prince might have left everything to the Jehovah Witness church where he spent much of his free time. He also reportedly held 2 a.m concerts a lot and recorded in his studio constantly, so the possible "tapes in the vault" are being speculated about, as is his wealth/assets. Some reports say he struggled financially and others report that he was worth about $300 million after he sued to get his name and his catalog back.

There's been speculation and support for turning his Paisley Park compound and recording studio into a Graceland-like attraction too, right in your own backyard MS. I don't know if that would be a good or bad thing.

Refs:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/27/arts/m....html?_r=0
http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/04/26/prin...gs-rumors/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ntury.html
Poor Michael I mean the symbol formerly known as Prince......Um poor Prince.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.