Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
IS THIS BULLSHIT OR APPROPRIATE?
Spring Valley High Students Exercise Their Freedom of Speech and Protest (good on them)

About 100 students at Spring Valley High walked out of class briefly Friday to show support for a school resource officer fired after video showed him throwing an uncooperative black female student across the floor. There are just over 2,000 students enrolled at the high school.

Some of the students stated that while they found SRO Fields' actions overly-aggressive, they did not think he deserved to be fired over it.

[Image: fields.5634baa9e25d8.jpg]
^ The students walked out of classes at around 10 a.m. and gathered in the atrium to express their views on the firing of Deputy Ben Fields. Some in the crowd — which included both black and white students — wore T-shirts reading "Free Fields" or "#BringBackFields."

[Image: aa21408c062f46eeb999119a825b161f-300x192.jpg]
"We've heard your voices," ^ Principal Temoney told the students. "We appreciate you taking time to do this, but again, as you know, we always focus on teaching and learning, so let's head on back to class."

Temoney released a statement from the school several hours later and said the students and staff were safe during the protest."At no time, were any students or staff in any danger. School is carrying on in a safe and productive manner today," Temoney said.

On Wednesday, an attorney for Fields defended the deputy in a statement. "We believe that Mr. Fields' actions were justified and lawful throughout the circumstances of which he was confronted during this incident," he said.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-caroli...ed-deputy/
Here is another little tidbit

^ Interesting and entertaining guy, Six. I agree with many of James Jay Hustle's points.

However, I disagree that 'maybe' the officer was right in how he handled the pain-in-the-ass kid. Hustle does say earlier in the video that he could never work with children because that kind of behavior would lead him to exert violence though. That's the difference; the SRO DID have training. He knew the boundaries. I believe and agree with the sheriff when he says that SRO Fields crossed the line.

I haven't seen anybody here and not many elsewhere claiming that this incident was racially motivated, but it sounds like Hustle has. In any case, I agree with Hustle that race wasn't an issue. I think SRO Fields would have handled the situation the same way regardless of the gender or race of the juvenile.
I KNOW this is bullshit but I'll post it anyway because it happened locally and it's demonstrative of how insane our world has gone. I almost wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper about it but never made the time.

So....nearby high school creates fabulous haunted house for the community to enjoy. ONE display is a white body hanging with a black face.

OFFENSIVE!!!

The kids stated that the idea was to make the face look burned but apologized.

The school administrators in their infinite wisdom and horror shut down the entire fucking haunted house as soon as they could...not to be reopened this year (this was a few days before Halloween).

Way to go. Punish everyone involved in making the house and every person that wanted to visit it.

Lessons learned: Major Overreaction 1001 and How to Throw The Baby Out With the Bathwater-Honors.
Commando Cunt Queen

This PC bullshit has been out of control for awhile.

I was reading about someone dressing as Bob Marley for Halloween, it was a white person and apparently there was a bit of outrage because the person dared to have blackface. Are you fuckin' kidding me. When I read it I called 'em stupid cocksuckers...because that's my favorite cuss right now.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^ I missed the last two Halloween-related posts before. I agree; total over-reactive bullshit in both cases.

There's too much hyper-sensitive bullshit like that going down on campuses too. One such recent protest went down at Yale.

A married couple of professors (and dorm masters) sent an email saying they thought university students were mature enough intellectually not to need PC-Halloween costume rules dictated to them by the University President.

The professors were of the opinion that the students should instead be encouraged to exercise their own judgment in regards to costume selection and how to address the situation if they felt offended by another student's costume.

I agree with the professors' sentiments myself. But, here's what a resident student had to say to one of the professors about it.

Man, I totally understand why some comedians refuse to play college venues anymore and why some educators are leaving the field. You don't have to be a humorless, threatening, oppressive, self-proclaimed victim to protest and advocate for systematic change. But, sadly, that's what's going down on some campuses these days. I hope it's temporary.
(11-16-2015, 10:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ^ I missed the last two Halloween-related posts before. I agree; total over-reactive bullshit in both cases.

There's too much hyper-sensitive bullshit like that going down on campuses too. One such recent protest went down at Yale.

A married couple of professors (and dorm masters) sent an email saying they thought university students were mature enough intellectually not to need PC-Halloween costume rules dictated to them by the University President.

The professors were of the opinion that the students should instead be encouraged to exercise their own judgment in regards to costume selection and how to address the situation if they felt offended by another student's costume.

I agree with the professors' sentiments myself. But, here's what a resident student had to say to one of the professors about it.

Man, I totally understand why some comedians refuse to play college venues anymore and why some educators are leaving the field. You don't have to be a humorless, threatening, oppressive, self-proclaimed victim to protest and advocate for systematic change. But, sadly, that's what's going down on some campuses these days. I hope it's temporary.
This will be a distant memory when Thanksgiving break rolls around.
12-Year-Old Arrested for Assinine Crime

[Image: Girl.jpg?h=180&w=240]
Police arrested a Longwood, Florida, 12-year-old girl for pinching a male classmate's butt during school hours.

Breana Evans (pictured above) was taken in a patrol car, booked, had her mugshot taken, was charged with misdemeanor battery, and was temporarily placed in juvenile detention.

"I regret it because I didn't know it would lead to this," Breana told WPTV.com. Breana claims she didn't know the boy. She pinched him because that's just something her friends do, pinch and run and laugh.

The school resource deputy—that's the police officer who patrols the school—didn't charge her with a crime because the boy didn't want to press charges and no one was hurt or anything. Instead, Breana was suspended.

But no...a suspension wasn't enough for the boy's mom (who I would love to see -- but is unidentified in the news stories) insisted to police that her son was the victim of battery, and so cops had no choice but to reluctantly arrest Breana.

The state attorney said that Breana will have to complete community service, submit to drug tests, and take classes. If she does all those things, the charges will eventually be dismissed.

"Lord, lord, lord, what's this world come to?" asked Breana's father. "Kid can't even be a kid."

Refs:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-12-y...ates-butt/
http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/23/12-yea...pinching-b
-----------------------------

I think it was fine to suspend the girl for a day or two, after explaining about keeping your hands to yourself and all that jazz. But, the boy's mom sounds like a real asshole who isn't doing her son any favors with such over-reactive bullshit.
The mother of the pinched boy just sentenced him to ridicule and bullying at school. Nice job, mom.
Commando Cunt Queen
And yet, if it were a boy that pinched a girl's nipple, he'd be on the sex offender list.

It's a butt pinch, a fucking butt pinch. Stupid mother. Stupid everybody. I can hardly even comprehend that a 12 yr. old has been arrested for pinching!
If a male classmate had pinched a 12-year-old girl's nipple, it would be a bigger deal to me - not cause for arrest or sex-offender status for an isolated incident, but more concerning than a butt-pinch. Just like it would have been a bigger deal and more concering if the 12-year-old girl had squeezed the boy's balls instead of pinching his butt.

Ah well, at least the cops have worked it out so the 12-year-old butt-pincher won't have a record for battery if she successfully completes her diversionary program. And, if she's smart, she'll know better than to put her hands on people without consent in the future.

But, I think the arrest was major overkill and a suspension, plus a good talking-to, would have been more appropriate and probably just as effective. And, I think the boy's mom is a big old drama-hag asshole, based on what's been reported about the childish incident.
(03-25-2016, 10:49 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, I think the arrest was major overkill and a suspension, plus a good talking-to, would have been more appropriate and probably just as effective. And, I think the boy's mom is a big old drama-hag asshole, based on what's been reported about the childish incident.

I always appreciate the topics that you find for us to discuss. I hope you always know that when I comment like I did above that it is not directed at you but directed at the subject.
The boy must be gay.
(03-25-2016, 11:18 AM)Duchess Wrote: I always appreciate the topics that you find for us to discuss. I hope you always know that when I comment like I did above that it is not directed at you but directed at the subject.

I never take it that way at all, and I completely agree with you on this one.
A North Carolina dad was pulled over for a broken tail light while driving his daughter to school, and it turned out he had an open arrest warrant — for failing to return a VHS tape of “Freddy Got Fingered” in 2002, cops said.

Fourteen years worth of late fees landed James Meyers behind bars shortly after he was pulled over by police in Concord on Tuesday morning, according to WSOC-TV.

The 37-year-old told the local ABC affiliate that he was taking his little girl to school when the cops stopped him for the tail-light and asked him for his license.

More than 20 minutes later, one of the officers asked Meyers to step out of the vehicle.

“The officer said, ‘I don’t know how to tell you this but there’s a warrant out for your arrest from 2002. Apparently you rented the movie “Freddy Got Fingered” and never returned it.’ I thought he was joking,” recalled Meyers, who said he vaguely remembered renting the film.

link

I don't think Freddy was the only one fingered here.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I think the statute of limitations should kick in if Blockbuster went bankrupt in the meantime.

Unless this dude and that copy of Freddy Got Fingered was the reason Blockbuster went under.
Mesa, Arizona -- bullshit or appropriate?

[Image: edited-team-arizona-photojpg-5470434e957a84a4.jpg][Image: 635978141058600788-T268146-030000.jpg]
19-year-old Hunter Osborn has been booked on 69 counts of indecent exposure -- a class 1 misdemeanor -- and one count of furnishing harmful items to minors -- a class 4 felony.

The picture in question is a standard high school football group photo, with Osborn standing on the second row of bleachers smiling. Two players in front of him appear to have given enough space between themselves to allow Osborn to expose himself.

According to police, Osborn said he was dared by teammates to expose himself, and that in retrospect he was "disgusted" with himself for doing it.

The number of criminal charges correlates to the number of students present at the time of the photo, ranging in age from 15 to 19. If individuals in the photo are older than 18 and do not wish to press charges, the number of criminal counts could be reduced. Police indicated that the number of charges may go up or down depending upon how the investigation continues.

The Red Mountain High School administration called police as soon as they become aware of the exposure. The photo was printed in both the yearbook - which was sent out to 3,400 students -- and in the school's football program, sold at games and seen by many family and community members.

Some fellow students and a neighbor said that Osborn is a good kid who works hard, goes to church, etc... and they don't think his life should be ruined by a felony sex conviction or anything like that.

The high school has had to recall all the yearbooks and will reissue edited ones.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-hunt...ook-photo/

A felony sex conviction for a prank? Jesus Christ.
(05-04-2016, 05:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:
A felony sex conviction for a prank? Jesus Christ.

It was such a stupid and disrespectful prank that undoubtedly cost the school a lot of money. At 19, Hunter Osborn should have known better.

But, I think the felony charge of furnishing obscene materials to minors is stretching it too.

In my opinion, the misdemeanor indecent exposure charge and a commitment to repay the school for the cost of recalling the yearbooks would be appropriate.