Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OBAMA'S LEGACY
(05-27-2016, 04:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 04:01 PM)Maggot Wrote: Has he left Japan yet?

He doesn't depart until 7:00 PM, he'll be back at the White House at 10:15 PM EST after stopping to refuel in Alaska.

I figured he'd stop in Hawaii and maybe sneak in a quick round of golf.
That dude always seems to know what the classiest way to proceed is. Gonna miss him, especially if the country turns to shit this time.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-27-2016, 06:22 PM)Donovan Wrote: That dude always seems to know what the classiest way to proceed is.

He's the polar opposite of fuckface. You would never, ever hear him referring to a member of the Senate as Pocahontas or hear him mock a disabled reporter. There's a shit ton more but you know what I mean.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
President Obama is really going out on a high note.

[Image: RS_phillyThumb2_x_20160912_599454628.jpg]

His approval rating is high, in the mid 50%s.

And, today's economy report for fiscal year 2015 is excellent on several fronts.

-- Americans of all ages recognized significant increases in income (the highest increase ever at an average of 5.2%).

-- The pay gap between men and women is lower than it's ever been.

-- The poverty level dropped by 8% last year; over 3.5 million were elevated out of poverty.

-- The unemployment level is low and the percentage of the population with access to insured health care is high.

This is very good news for a country that was in a severe recession 8 years ago. It's also very good news, by association, for Hillary Clinton.

But, I have a feeling the anti-Obama Republicans, Trump and company, and the gloom conservatives will try their best to introduce their own statistics and doomed spin on the positive numbers.

Obama's in sunny Philly stumping for Hillary Clinton today; the crowd loves him and he looks like he's actually having a lot of fun with it. I'll post the video of the rally when it's available.

Ref: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/14/busine....html?_r=0

I listened to him speak. He sure is engaging and he's beloved up there.
^ I think he was very effective in highlighting his accomplishments and advocating on behalf of Hillary Clinton.

Here's a video of the full speech.

(09-13-2016, 02:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: President Obama is really going out on a high note.

[Image: RS_phillyThumb2_x_20160912_599454628.jpg]

His approval rating is high, in the mid 50%s.

And, today's economy report for fiscal year 2015 is excellent on several fronts.

-- Americans of all ages recognized significant increases in income (the highest increase ever at an average of 5.2%).

-- The pay gap between men and women is lower than it's ever been.

-- The poverty level dropped by 8% last year; over 3.5 million were elevated out of poverty.

-- The unemployment level is low and the percentage of the population with access to insured health care is high.

This is very good news for a country that was in a severe recession 8 years ago. It's also very good news, by association, for Hillary Clinton.

But, I have a feeling the anti-Obama Republicans, Trump and company, and the gloom conservatives will try their best to introduce their own statistics and doomed spin on the positive numbers.

Obama's in sunny Philly stumping for Hillary Clinton today; the crowd loves him and he looks like he's actually having a lot of fun with it. I'll post the video of the rally when it's available.

Ref: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/14/busine....html?_r=0
For every positive, there's a negative. The Dems will sing great songs about their former POTUS and the repubs will reveal all of the horrible things he did, vice versa for the former repub presidents. And so the stomach will keep on turning.
How many times did he refer to himself in that freaking speech.........geez!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Crying shame we can't have 8 more years of him. Ah well, we'll have Hillary so it's all good.
(09-14-2016, 05:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Crying shame we can't have 8 more years of him. Ah well, we'll have Hillary so it's all good.

Crying shame we had 8 years of him! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Crying shame we can't have 8 more years of him. Ah well, we'll have Hilary so we're completely fucked.
Fixed.

I would sign up for four more, at least.

I think President Obama has done a very good job and the country is better off overall than it was at the end of the G.W. Bush administration, despite the obstructionism Obama faced.

Plus, Obama is a really engaging natural speaker, a trait which both of our current presidential candidates lack (in my opinion).
(09-14-2016, 10:26 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

I would sign up for four more, at least.

I think President Obama has done a very good job and the country is better off overall than it was at the end of the G.W. Bush administration, despite the obstructionism Obama faced.

Plus, Obama is a really engaging natural speaker, a trait which both of our current presidential candidates lack (in my opinion).

Yes he has the gift of gab all right, others call it Bull Shit! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-14-2016, 10:26 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think President Obama has done a very good job and the country is better off overall than it was at the end of the G.W. Bush administration, despite the obstructionism Obama faced.

He's done a great job, things are so much better than they were when he took over.
(09-14-2016, 11:20 AM)Carsman Wrote: Yes he has the gift of gab all right, others call it Bull Shit! hah

You don't have to listen to him. You control that shit, he doesn't.
(09-14-2016, 01:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 10:26 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think President Obama has done a very good job and the country is better off overall than it was at the end of the G.W. Bush administration, despite the obstructionism Obama faced.

He's done a great job, things are so much better than they were when he took over.

Amen.
I will go with 50% better and 50% really worse here. Depending on what it is we are talking about. I still think of him as limp wristed and weak.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The worst part of Obama's legacy aside from the failure to be more decisive about getting us out of Bush's wars was the unfortunate fact that every bigot in the country will now hold him up as "proof" racism is over.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
you are a smarmy pompous asshat, i bet you have a sweater with leather elbow patches.
And I bet your idea of high fashion is a new baseball cap. Was there something that made you think your opinion mattered to me more than some other brainless twat? Because I fear you were misled.