Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NBA 2015/2016
I'm having a heart attack here. Well, not really, but this a nerve wracker.

Effin' Kyrie Irving -- man, he's good.

I bet Draymond would love to crack his nutz (but I'm glad he wouldn't dare - - he wants this win too much).

We need Steph and Klay to get it on, and we really could use Bougot this game. We're losing by 7 near the end of the third and LeBron isn't even shooting well (so far).
What a block by LBJ on what looked like a sure layup!

Man that was good!
I've never seen a block like that -- LeBron literally flew outta nowhere to slap that shit down!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed right now. I love my Warriors.

But, that was one of the best games I've ever seen and I'm sincerely happy for the Champion Cleveland Cavaliers!
Yeah, HotD, down the stretch each team appeared to be out of gas.

Kyrie stepped up huge and LeBron is a deserving series MVP.

He'll never hear criticism again about not leading, and shying away from clutch moments.

He willed his team to this championship.

Congrats to the fans of Cleveland. 52 years without a championship of any kind.

They had this coming.
This is SO HUGE for Cleveland. Great fans.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are the first team ever to win the NBA Finals after a 3 to 1 deficit.

52 years without a title; the Cavs earned that title this season, I agree

162 texts during that game; that's how many I got (from only 2 people). It'll be fun to read them again, in sequence, ONCE I RECOVER.

Congratulations to your team and your city, koko!!!
(06-19-2016, 10:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed right now. I love my Warriors.

I saw the headlines this morning. I'm sorry, HotD. Love3

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Thanks Duchess.

Last night, I was more disappointed than I figured I'd be if we lost. I personally wanted to see the Warriors win the title again, of course.

But, I also wanted to see the fans in Oakland celebrating. In the last two weeks, the city's police chief was ousted for corruption and an interim chief was assigned. He was out on his ass within days when it came to light that he'd had inappropriate interactions related to prostitution. A replacement for the replacement chief was assigned. He was out on his ass within days when it came to light that he'd had inappropriate interactions related to prostitution. A "city manager" has been temporarily assigned. To add insult to injury, several Oakland PD officers were put on leave when, during the course of an investigation, they were discovered to be sending racially discriminatory texts about the residents they police. Oakland has one good thing going for it; the Warriors.

But, it was as awesome as I imagined it would be to see the Cavaliers win their first championship. LeBron always said he returned to the Cavs to win a title for Cleveland. It was so cool to see him accomplish that goal and see the city of Cleveland, which also has more than its share of challenges, win the hard-earned prize. LeBron was very emotional, and the fans in Cleveland are ecstatic.

I'm not disappointed this morning; just really happy for Cleveland.
I can honestly say both those teams laid it all out. Can't ask better of an NBA finals series, and in my opinion Cleveland's win cements the GS/ Cavs rivalry as one for the ages. Now they just need a tiebreaker next year.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
How cool to see LeBron's post game press conference from last night with his 3 kids by his side.

He's a classy guy, rich and the best player on the planet, but, I've got a feeling he's a great dad too, which at the end of his life, he'll cherish above all else.
MS asked me to post the link to this article about how and why people should stop hating LeBron James. https://theundefeated.com/features/stop-...on-enough/
(06-20-2016, 09:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: MS asked me to post the link to this article about how and why people should stop hating LeBron James. https://theundefeated.com/features/stop-...on-enough/
TLDNR hah
The 2016 NBA Draft goes down on Thursday night

Two of the league's best teams are without draft picks this year: the NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers don't have any picks, nor do the OKC Thunder.

The Warriors have the #30 pick. And the Toronto Raptors, a great final four team already, have pick #9 and #37.

First 5 Picks:

- Cutz's 76ers have the #1 pick, along with picks 24 and 26.

- My Lakers have the #2 pick, along with pick 37.

- The Boston Celtics have the #3 pick, along with picks 16, 31, 35, 45, 51, 58.

- Gunnar's Sun's have the #4 pick, along with picks 13 and 34.

- MS's Timberwolves have the #5 pick.

Full Round 1 and Round 2 Draft Boards: http://www.nba.com/draft/2016/draftboard...:miniboard

I don't follow high school or college ball, so I don't know anything about the hot draft talent up for grabs. But, I hope Philadelphia gets some players who can help elevate the team. I've loved the 76ers since Dr. J's dominating days with the team. I also hope the Lakers end up with some strong players who can help Luke Walton get the team back to where they once belonged in the next couple of years.
Apparently, the top 2 picks are really good, followed by question marks, though Providence point guard Kris Dunn (sp) is picking up steam.

My Wolves now have Tom Thibideau coaching and running the front office, so there's much anticipation for the draft and the coming year.
I hope next season is a really good one for your Wolves, MS.

The level of NBA play in the last couple of years has been incredible.

I just read that game 7 of this year's Finals drew over 31 million viewers; the highest ratings since Jordan's last Finals game in 1998.

[Image: 35781DC700000578-3651781-image-a-32_1466487840960.jpg]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ecade.html

I think Donovan's probably right about the Warriors vs. Cavs battles drawing people in like the Lakers vs. Celtics match-ups did when Magic and Bird were on the court.

LeBron and Curry are really good for the league, but there are a hell of a lot of other great players now too.
Da love -

[Image: ClkRApMWkAAZTk2.jpg]

[Image: 358EBF5A00000578-3654826-image-a-10_1466618339310.jpg]
2016 could be a special year for beleaguered sports franchises and individuals:

Dustin Johnson captures his first major last week at the U.S. Open. He's had several close calls, and finally broke through.

The Cavaliers won their first ever NBA Championship on Sunday as well.

The Chicago Cubs are on pace for an historic season and possibly their first WS title since 1917(?).

Which brings us to the NFL.

If the Cubs do win the WS, I feel like a franchise that's never won a SB will break through.

That puts the Eagles and Vikings in the mix.

I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself if my Vikes ever won a Super Bowl.

Most likely throw myself on the ground and bawl like a baby.
(06-22-2016, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Most likely throw myself on the ground and bawl like a baby.

I hear ya! I want it to happen before I'm too old to be in a crowd that size.
(06-22-2016, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: 2016 could be a special year for beleaguered sports franchises and individuals:

Did you see that the Bulls tradedDerrick Rose to the Knicks today, MS?

[Image: 4387.png]

Rose is an incredible point guard (in my opinion), he was MVP of the playoffs back in 2012, and he's pretty smart on the court -- too bad his knee injury had him down and out so much for so long (which I hope doesn't happen to Steph).

Rose played in almost all of the Bulls' games this year though, averaging 16 points. I hope he stays healthy and gives the Knicks a real boost.

The Bulls got center Robin Lopez and guards Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant, along with guard Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-round pick in return.

I'd really like to see Rose make a major comeback in New York.
The Wolves have been coveting 2 guard Jimmy Butler for the last month.

Thibideau coached him in Chicago and loves this guy. To me, the Bulls willing to part with Rose could possibly signal the transition to rebuilding mode, meaning CHI may be willing to trade Butler. (I can only dream).

I've always loved Rose's ability to finish at the rim, and if the Wolves do trade their 5th pick (and likely Zach LaVine) for Butler, I could see CHI drafting the Dunn kid out of Providence. He's a clone of D Rose.
(06-22-2016, 05:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Most likely throw myself on the ground and bawl like a baby.

I hear ya! I want it to happen before I'm too old to be in a crowd that size.

I know how you two feel. As a Denver fan I know how it is to have never...

Oh wait, no I don't. My team wins all the time lol

hahBlowing-kisses
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.