Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH?

Well, it began yesterday when BG quoted MS' post and said to you, "FYP" and then it extended into this morning when he posted to you "for your pleasure" in regards to you saying you didn't know what FYP means. Am I having a senior moment?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think Gunnar figured maybe I had overlooked MS's comment stating what he believes, based on evidence.

So, he re-posted it For My (reading) Pleasure.

I'd already seen it and took it just as MS's stated it (that it was his 'belief'), not the way Gunnar took it (that MS was claiming it was proof positive).

Anyway, it takes more than the re-posting of an MS quote to contribute to my pleasure. Gunnar's a tease.
(02-12-2016, 12:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Well, it began yesterday when BG quoted MS' post and said to you, "FYP" and then it extended into this morning when he posted to you "for your pleasure" in regards to you saying you didn't know what FYP means. Am I having a senior moment?
Nope, you are spot on.
(02-11-2016, 03:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd love the opportunity to argue about this but I haven't watched any of it and I doubt I will.

Carry on...

You really should binge it!! LOL
So this is my question, HOW are we SURE this was the LAST person that saw her? This was JUST her last known place that she took pictures. How do we know that she did not meet up with her brother, or ex boyfriend?

We WOULDN'T because they were not investigated or asked to provide alibis, etc.

This is where my argument of this case goes....there was NOT one other person who was investigated other then Steven Avery. That seems to me extremely prejudice. Especially when Steven Avery lived on a Property that had SEVERAL other family members living.

Who knows who actually killed her, Avery and Dassey could have...but my point is HOW are you ABSOLUTELY sure they are the killers when NO ONE else was investigated.
Brendan Dassey -- Conviction Overturned

[Image: chi-AP_917691598037.jpg]

A federal judge in Milwaukee has overturned the conviction of Brendan Dassey, the young man whose case was one of two documented in the Netflix series “Making a Murderer."'

Judge Duffin ordered Dassey be set free unless the state initiates a retrial proceeding in 90 days. That, or an appeal of the decision, would put Dassey's release on hold, Drizin said. He and the legal team would then seek to have him released on bond.

Judge Duffin found that investigators repeatedly made false promises to Dassey, who was 16 years old and a slow learner, in extracting a confession, which Dassey's legal team had maintained was coerced. The judge found that confession was involuntary in a 91-page decision handed down Friday.

Dassey’s case was one of two followed in the popular “Making a Murderer” series, which depicts the story of Dassey’s uncle, Steven Avery. Dassey and Avery were sentenced to life for the 2005 murder of 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach.

The Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth legal team, based in Chicago, first took Dassey’s case to federal court in Wisconsin in 2014 in hopes that he would be granted a writ of Habeas corpus, which would have forced the government to examine his case and rule whether he has been imprisoned illegally.

(cont'd)

Dassey's attorney, Steve Drizin with Northwestern University’s Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth, said the petition focused largely on Dassey’s original public defender, Len Kachinsky, who was ultimately removed from the case.

“A lot of our appeal has to do with the actions that Brendan’s original attorney Len Kachinsky took, which demonstrated his disloyalty to Brendan and his willingness to work with the prosecution to try to get Brendan to plead guilty and testify against Steven Avery.”

He also maintains that Dassey’s confession was coerced “by [investigators] feeding him facts.” “To me, this case is a classic example of how not to interrogate juvenile suspects and the tactics that were used during Brendan’s interrogation are a recipe for false confessions,” he said.

Former Calamut County District Attorney Ken Kratz, who prosecuted Dassey and Avery, recently told People magazine that he has "a great bit of sympathy" for Dassey, who he said "never would have been involved in this except for his uncle."

Full story with link to judge's 91-page ruling: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Jud...giz39001MX
(08-12-2016, 06:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: “A lot of our appeal has to do with the actions that Brendan’s original attorney Len Kachinsky took, which demonstrated his disloyalty to Brendan and his willingness to work with the prosecution to try to get Brendan to plead guilty

That's really awful that his own attorney would do that to him! That lawyer needs to suffer some serious consequences. 52
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/20...471953255/

The kid Brendan Dassey along with Steven Avery who was put away for almost 10 years case got overturned due in Illinois the netflix series who would of though netflix would rescue him....now he is going to watch Wrestlmania when he gets out =) The kid is not all there mentally but hell he's away from Prison food.
Hey Pokey, I merged your post into this existing thread about Making a Murderer.

I understand that the prosecutors are consulting with Teresa Halbach's family in deciding whether to retry Dassey. They've got about 75 more days to make the call.

Anyway, if he gets sprung, Dassey's supporters over at xHamster are looking to send him to Wrestlemania. http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/20...471953255/
Blowing-kisses *flaunts his ignorance* hahhahhah
Are you sniffing glue again, Gunnar? I think just about everyone who commented in this thread felt that Dassey deserved at least a new trial.
(08-23-2016, 11:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Are you sniffing glue again, Gunnar? I think just about everyone who commented in this thread felt that Dassey deserved at least a new trial.
Go back and read from page one like I did.
I've read the whole thread, Gunnar.

I've read the consensus by posters (with the exception of MS) that the interrogation techniques used/allowed to elicit Dassey's confession were suspect and that he deserved at least a new trial.

Anyway, I don't know if Dassey was involved in Teresa's death or not. But, I'm glad that Dassey will either be getting a new trial with the confession tossed or (if there's insufficient evidence to retry) will have the charges against him dropped.
(01-06-2016, 07:13 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 04:51 PM)ScientistsCanvas Wrote: I've just finished it. I came here specifically to hear others' thoughts on it. I don't remember the case at all, is there a thread here about it??

Okay, I watched the entire documentary.

As much as it would appear that the Manitowoc County Sherrif's Dept had it out for Avery, at the end of the day I do believe he committed this crime.

In 2009 he apparently tried to say his brothers framed him so that they could get control of the family business, and because they were jealous that he was about to win the settlement for the wrongful conviction in the 1980's.

I also believe his nephew was there and participated.

The show was very good, and definitely left me wondering and shaking my head at times, but I personally think the right people are behind bars.

Here's my first comment after watching the series.

I stated that I believed the nephew was there and participated.

Yes, the interrogation techniques used were questionable, but that didn't stop me from believing that he was there, and in my opinion, participated in some form while she was still alive.
Yeah, that's what I remember you posting, MS.

I know you weren't convinced that the confession was false, but didn't recall you commenting on the interrogation techniques one way or the other.

It'll be interesting to see if the prosecutors choose to prosecute Dassey with the confession thrown out.
This is a case where because his IQ is so low, he truly may not know the difference between right and wrong.

I personally believe he does know that what he did was very wrong.

It'll be interesting to see if the Hallbach's want him prosecuted again.
(01-12-2016, 07:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I absolutely think that Steven Avery and/or other members of the Avery family could be capable of killing Teresa and trying to cover their tracks.

Steven Avery himself claimed that his brothers were sexually violent and may have wanted to get rid of him for money reasons, etc... So, he's either cunning enough to lie about that to create doubt (with disregard about the impacts on his family), or members of the family are capable of the crime according to members of the family themselves.

Plus, a lot of unsophisticated and unintelligent criminals haven't gotten away with worse, and other such criminals have been convicted for worse. Many of the people sitting on death row are unsophisticated and unintelligent, some of them convicted based on very solid or almost irrefutable evidence of guilt, and still denying they did the crimes.

Still haven't had a chance to watch Making A Murderer though, and still open minded.
I don't. And it's pretty obvious now that the kid was indeed railroaded as I suggested. They both were railroaded. The evidence was deliberately tampered with. Avery's blood missing from a test tube and conveniently planted in Theresa's car. DNA wiped keys, leading a mentally inept suspect into a confession, the list goes on and on. And this is concerning his most recent incarceration. Let's not bother getting into the first time he was incarcerated wrongfully.
I've understood since your first post that you don't consider Steven Avery sharp enough to commit a murder and get caught, Gunnar.

From your post above, I now understand that you don't consider anyone in the Avery family a possible alternate suspect, though Steven Avery did point the finger at his brothers at one point.

I think there's compelling circumstantial evidence pointing towards Steven Avery and/or someone else who knew the salvage yard and I think he could be capable of it. But, I of course don't know for a fact who killed Teresa.

Maybe some day we will know for a fact who killed Teresa. Until then, it's all speculation and opinions, which is fine by me.
(08-23-2016, 03:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've understood since your first post that you don't consider Steven Avery sharp enough to commit a murder and get caught, Gunnar.

From your post above, I now understand that you don't consider anyone in the Avery family a possible alternate suspect, though Steven Avery did point the finger at his brothers at one point.

I think there's compelling circumstantial evidence pointing towards Steven Avery and/or someone else who knew the salvage yard, but I of course don't know for a fact who killed Teresa.

Maybe some day we will know for a fact who killed Teresa. Until then, it's all speculation and opinions, which is fine by me.
You do understand that NO DNA was found at the scene, yet she was shot in the head. How do you shoot someone in the head and erase all of the DNA HOtD? Please... I will wait for your explanation of how tiny aerosol particles exited her head and yet not any of the DNA at the supposed murder scene belonged to the victim? They did find blood though! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 It belonged to a deer.Beat_deadhorse
Let's see: bone fragments found on Steven Avery's property (in a fire pit), an eyewitness putting Avery at the fire the night Hallbach disappears, an eyewitness putting Hallbach's vehicle in Avery's driveway around 3:15-3:45 the day she disappears, Hallbach's vehicle found on Avery's property, Avery's 2 *69 calls to Hallbach's cell before she arrives and his non *69 call to her cell around 4:30 the day she disappears to make it look like he's wondering why she never showed.

He's a stupid, evil pig and he got caught.

BTW, the entire Dassey interview (45 mins) can be found on YouTube and he looks pretty damn guilty of something, stupid or not.