Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christmas food
Whats the buzz this year, ham? Turkey? sausage? cake?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
All of them.

Well not the sausage. I guarantee though my family will have the other three at our Christmas dinner.
No idea. First christmas since 2002 that I will be by myself. Might be a can of spam on an open fire in the woods somewhere

Seafood. I'm having other stuff too but that's the main course and I'm having my dinner on Christmas Eve. I'm feeling pretty calm about it right now but at the end of the day I may be a lunatic after I've spent the day worrying things won't be perfect. If I don't think, I will be juuuuust fine.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
When my folks were still alive, my mom would always make a feast at Christmas time. She cooked for a few days before Christmas eve, that's when she had on open door policy, and all their friends would drop on by all day long for some delicious food ! Ham, Chicken, pork chops, spare ribs, stuffed cabbage, porgies, Kielbasa, mashed potato's, sweet potato's, deviled eggs, pickled beets, potato salad, macaroni salad, cold slaw, and many things I can't remember, it was a while ago

Of course our all family ate Christmas eve dinner together at night.

After writing all this, it makes me long for the good ole days! 44
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(12-13-2016, 11:28 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Might be a can of spam on an open fire in the woods somewhere

That sounds good for some reason.

...because it's cooked over an open flame.
TRUE
I may just buy some spam, haven't had it in so long my mouth is watering now. Spam spam spam spam.
I like the less salt version, the other one is a bit too salty for me. Th jalapeño is pretty good too
(12-14-2016, 08:33 AM)Carsman Wrote: When my folks were still alive, my mom would always make a feast at Christmas time. She cooked for a few days before Christmas eve, that's when she had on open door policy, and all their friends would drop on by all day long for some delicious food ! Ham, Chicken, pork chops, spare ribs, stuffed cabbage, porgies, Kielbasa, mashed potato's, sweet potato's, deviled eggs, pickled beets, potato salad, macaroni salad, cold slaw, and many things I can't remember, it was a while ago

Oh for gods sake Carsman, it's cole slaw not cold slaw. Also what do you mean by porgies? Do you mean pierogies? And while I'm at it there is no apostrophe on potatoes unless you're talking about its skin or one of its root vegetable cousins.

Deviled eggs sound good. I don't know yet what I'm making for Christmas, but I do know that I'm making deviled eggs now.
(12-14-2016, 06:41 PM)sally Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 08:33 AM)Carsman Wrote: When my folks were still alive, my mom would always make a feast at Christmas time. She cooked for a few days before Christmas eve, that's when she had on open door policy, and all their friends would drop on by all day long for some delicious food ! Ham, Chicken, pork chops, spare ribs, stuffed cabbage, porgies, Kielbasa, mashed potato's, sweet potato's, deviled eggs, pickled beets, potato salad, macaroni salad, cold slaw, and many things I can't remember, it was a while ago

Oh for gods sake Carsman, it's cole slaw not cold slaw. Also what do you mean by porgies? Do you mean pierogies? And while I'm at it there is no apostrophe on potatoes unless you're talking about its skin or one of its root vegetable cousins.

Deviled eggs sound good. I don't know yet what I'm making for Christmas, but I do know that I'm making deviled eggs now.

Blah- Blah- Blah. Look who's a spellin natzi! Smiley_emoticons_razz

And make some cheese dip while you're at it!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I'm not normally a spelling Nazi. I think it was only bothering me because it involved food.
(12-14-2016, 04:30 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I like the less salt version, the other one is a bit too salty for me. Th jalapeño is pretty good too

Wait...what? They make jalepeno spam? Since when? I think I need to start eating spam again.
(12-14-2016, 06:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Seafood. I'm having other stuff too but that's the main course and I'm having my dinner on Christmas Eve. I'm feeling pretty calm about it right now but at the end of the day I may be a lunatic after I've spent the day worrying things won't be perfect. If I don't think, I will be juuuuust fine.

We're having Christmas dinner on Christmas Day with my oldest brother and his family and friends. I hope they serve pig in the blanket and bacon wrapped scallops appetizers like every other year.

Celebrating Christmas the week before with my second oldest brother and his family at Mr. Fuji's. I love Hibachi.

Celebrating Christmas Eve playing pool and poker with friends while I stuff my face with rum balls.
[Image: TrumpCake_zps598qvyz4.jpg]
Do you like eggnog? I'm the only one at home that likes it so I buy it for Christmas, have a glass of it and end up throwing the rest out because I can only drink so much of it and it goes bad. I bought the one made with almond milk today and it's actually pretty good. It's not as thick and sweet as regular eggnog.

I love eggnog but like you, I'm the only one who drinks it and it's a special occasion drink only. It's full of fat & calories.
Have you ever made french toast with eggnog? I never have but now I'm wondering.
No I've never thought of that, but I think it would taste good to add it to the egg mixture.