Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
By January 2018, gun owners will need a permit to buy ammo (see second point in bolded text post 3397).

It's expected to be $50.00 from what I've read in the local news.

But, gun owners and shop owners don't have final details from the DOJ yet.
Should be interesting to see the final wording. I can see it opening up a whole new black market product. Unregistered ammo, better than gold.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
This link from Gun Owners of California notes that the effective date for owners needing permits to purchase ammo is January, 2019.

There were some pending gun regulations already on the books when Prop 63 was passed, so I imagine there's some confusion as to which supersedes which in terms of time line.

--Reporting mandate of lost and stolen guns: July 1, 2017
--“Large” capacity magazine possession ban: July 1, 2017
--Illegal ammunition transfers: Effective immediately
--Ammunition sales process (deadline for completion of regulations): January 1, 2018
--Ammunition vendor licensing requirement and ban on internet sales: January 1, 2018
--Limitations on ammunition displays: Effective date is unknown
--Registration of ammunition sales: January 1, 2019
--Ammunition purchase permits: January 1, 2019
--Local regulation of ammunition – not preempted: Effective immediately
--Confiscation of firearms from prohibited persons: January 1, 2018

https://www.gunownersca.com/2016/11/09/m...president/
Another cop's child is dead due to gun negligence...

[Image: 3C568DE400000578-0-image-a-26_1484954300939.jpg]

This time the cop has been suspended and charged. Good.

Kenneth Righter, of Stratford, New Jersey, was charged with three counts of child endangerment as well as the offense of failing to safely store firearms if minors may have access. The case will go to a grand jury.

The police officer has been suspended without pay after being charged with leaving his personal .357-caliber revolver loaded and unsecured on a shelf before his eight-year-old daughter shot herself.

The girl, Sailor Lane Righter, was found unresponsive on the afternoon of New Year's Eve. One of her brothers called 911, and said 'We need help now.

'My mom went upstairs and found her, she told me to call 911, she's not breathing.'

The mother and Sailor's two brothers (14 and 17) were in the home at the time of the shooting.

RIP Sailor.

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rself.html
Ammunition permits? hah ...........on a good note, no need to get a permit for concealed in N.H. anymore. I've got mine already but it was a useless law to begin with.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-21-2017, 07:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ammunition permits? hah ...........on a good note, no need to get a permit for concealed in N.H. anymore. I've got mine already but it was a useless law to begin with.

Aside from long guns, you still need a license to conceal carry in New Hampshire. It's a 'shall/may issue' criteria with a selectman, mayor or local law enforcement deciding who's suitable.

You also need a license in New Hampshire to open carry both long guns and hand guns in motor vehicles.
This thread can get heavy and depressing.

Just a couple of "happy" stories regarding the 2nd amendment and ammo.

Not true.

A couple of "happy" stories regarding life and the environment.

DEAD BEANER

LOVELY FLOWERS
Watt da fuck? [Image: icon_blink.gif]

The 37-year-old Pennelas-Escobar was in the country illegally, a drug user and was believed to have once worked as a Mexican police officer, Milstead said. Still, Pennelas-Escobar had no known criminal history

I guess being here illegally does not make you a criminal.
(02-02-2017, 10:46 PM)BigMark Wrote: I guess being here illegally does not make you a criminal.

I used to wonder what part of illegal weren't people getting. I was blown away to discover an illegal was suing a United States citizen and had no fear of going into a courthouse. This was a few years ago and I know that thread is somewhere in Mock. My feelings have changed a great deal since then.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Everywhere I go they are jabbering, it's horrible.
(02-02-2017, 10:46 PM)BigMark Wrote: Watt da fuck? [Image: icon_blink.gif]

The 37-year-old Pennelas-Escobar was in the country illegally, a drug user and was believed to have once worked as a Mexican police officer, Milstead said. Still, Pennelas-Escobar had no known criminal history

I guess being here illegally does not make you a criminal.
I spent about 6 years in Tonopah when my father was LE for the facility that housed all the workers on the Palo Verde Nuclear Plant. All of the locals out there are packing. Escobar never had a chance.
WOW!

The power plant evaporates the water from the treated sewage from several nearby cities and towns to provide the cooling of the steam that it produces.
Some Canadians are wondering why their weakened gun control laws aren't being re-examined in the wake of the recent Quebec mosque mass shooting. They face many of the same challenges as the U.S., though on a much smaller scale.

Snip:
Much has already been written about the attack at a Quebec City mosque: Chilling descriptions of the sheer horror of the rampage, touching tributes to the victims, earnest reflections on the disturbing Islamophobia and xenophobia that seem to have inspired the attack, disgust at the role of talk radio and ambitious politicians in fuelling and exploiting the hate, and the relief at the outpouring of grief and solidarity.

But there are two words that have been painfully absent from the public discourse: gun control.

We don’t have official confirmation yet of the weapons used in the killings, but the Journal de Quebec says the suspect had a 9 mm pistol and a CZ 858 rifle, both of which are legal in Canada. (The mosque shooter’s weapon has been described in numerous media reports as an AK-47 assault rifle, a weapon that is illegal in Canada; however, the CZ 858 rifle looks almost identical to the untrained eye.)

The precise details are not that important.

(continued)
What matters is that every hate-inspired rampage in recent years – whether the target is Muslims, women, gay men, blacks, children – has two common traits: young men and guns.

Of all the U.S. mass shootings in the past three decades, only one has been carried out by a woman. This type of despicable violence is the province of young men.

Why? It’s not clear. We know young men are the biggest consumers of violent video games, they are among the hardest hit by the economic downturn, they seem to be disproportionately drawn to extremist views, and far too many are still reluctant to seek help for their mental health problems.

But we have no way of knowing who will be the next Adam Lanza (who slaughtered 20 first-graders and six teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary), Omar Mateen (who killed 49 patrons at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando), or Marc Lépine (who gunned down 14 women at École Polytechnique.)

Nor do we have a way to make every school, every mosque, every gay nightclub, every public place, bulletproof, or inaccessible to a determined killer.

But we can make it more difficult to get guns.

Full story: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nati...e33901553/
(02-06-2017, 03:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But we can make it more difficult to get guns.

We had something overturned just the other day. It had something to do with the mentally ill and social security. Social Security is aware of who is too mentally ill to manage their money so they were in some way part of the background check. I think background checks are imperative and people should have access to the tools needed in order to get the job done. Some of the people who complain about the time it takes are some of the same people who think years of vetting isn't sufficient. Go figure.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
One problem with all this Background check stuff is it is easily bypassed. You wont be buying a complete AR, you will be building the Modern sporting rifle.

I am currently in the process of building a total unregistered/no serial #/off the radar AR15, myself. For about $500.00 you can order all the parts and build it yourself, on your kitchen table.

The way this is accomplished is by ordering a 80% complete receiver and completing the last 20% of the "milling" yourself. The term Milling is in parenthesis because that term is being used loosely. This process can actually be accomplished with a drill press, or a cordless drill, if you are handy. Using a 80% receiver is perfectly legal and no paperwork, background check, or serial number is required for that item or to purchase it. That is because 80% is the point that the ATF has determined that it is still just a paperweight and not a firearm frame.

The rest of the parts [or even ammo] never need any paperwork and anyone can order them off the internet and have them shipped to their home.

Links to all the parts needed to build a off the radar AR15.

https://www.davidsondefense.com/index.ph...mplete-kit

https://www.davidsondefense.com/index.ph...mplete-kit

http://www.surplusammo.com/ar-15-magazines/
(02-06-2017, 03:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 03:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But we can make it more difficult to get guns.

We had something overturned just the other day. It had something to do with the mentally ill and social security. Social Security is aware of who is too mentally ill to manage their money so they were in some way part of the background check. I think background checks are imperative and people should have access to the tools needed in order to get the job done. Some of the people who complain about the time it takes are some of the same people who think years of vetting isn't sufficient. Go figure.

Yea, the problem with that barry rule was it was Way to fucking broad as to who decides who is crazy and how exactly how they are to come to that decision. It was a way for barry and co to enact Some kind of gun control even though there are virtually no crimes that could have been prevented by this measure. I don't think it was a Bad law, just a very poorly written one that would be prone to misuse and abuse.
It also was unfairly discriminatory in that it Only affected people on SS and no one else.
I am all about getting guns away from the crazies, but it has to be fair
I think if every Grandfather had his choice he would rather give his guns to a family member than wait for the government to send an agent over to take his guns. Hell I bet they would give them to the gardener than let the government take-em. Its a law that has some circumstantial degree of falsity. Dignity has a long arm and its cold and clammy.
I didn't know where to put this so I will put it here.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-co...ations.pdf
That a ton of reading...........let me get my errr........glasees