Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
marriage laws

Whenever I think of him I smile. I had so much fun with that crotchety old bastard.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That never occurred to me, what I mean is that marriage has become meaningless as people are not holding marriage vows sacred. i don't know where you get a gay thing going on but everything is not an affront to all things gay. But you have a right to say whatever you want.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-10-2017, 01:54 PM)Maggot Wrote: people are not holding marriage vows sacred.

Like anything worthwhile it takes some effort. It needs to be cultivated like a garden. It needs attention, time and caring. Marriage shouldn't be viewed as being disposable. It's a tremendous commitment. Gives me goosebumps just talking about it.
(03-10-2017, 01:54 PM)Maggot Wrote: That never occurred to me, what I mean is that marriage has become meaningless as people are not holding marriage vows sacred. i don't know where you get a gay thing going on but everything is not an affront to all things gay. But you have a right to say whatever you want.

I already told you exactly where I got it, Mags. Dick used that same nutty claim to argue that gays getting hitched violated the sanctity of marriage.

And, I didn't say that's what your comment pertained to; I asked you. Now I know.

You've been married more than once, haven't you Maggot?
Yup, and it took quite a while to bring myself to get divorced. I divorced because i didn't want my Daughter growing up in that atmosphere. Have you ever been married princess?
I don't think marriage is that important. It either works or it doesn't, who cares if it ends in a divorce.

The biggest difficulty I see with it is when the couple shares kids and assets, then getting a divorce is a huge pain in the ass. But then again it would be a pain in the ass even if you weren't married. You'd still have to split time with the kids and decide who gets the house, and the car, and the dog... So really what does it even matter? Married, not married, who cares.
No, Maggot, I'm not interested in a religion or government licensing and regulating my personal relationship.

Plus, I'd rather not get married than swear to a lifetime commitment and then break that commitment. That would be violating what you consider sacred marriage vows, no matter what the justification.
(03-10-2017, 02:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Plus, I'd rather not get married than swear to a lifetime commitment and then break that commitment.

*high five*
Like I said people don't really hold marriage in such a high regard as they once did.

Tough crowd here. 86
Judge not lest ye be judged. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(03-10-2017, 02:32 PM)Maggot Wrote: Like I said people don't really hold marriage in such a high regard as they once did.

It shouldn't be entered into lightly.
Marriage should be entered into any way the couple sees fit. It doesn't affect me, it doesn't affect you, it's none of my business unless it's my own kid and I feel the person they're marrying would cause them harm in some way. Other than that I don't have an opinion on the reasons anyone would get married and neither should anyone else.
(03-10-2017, 02:56 PM)sally Wrote: I don't have an opinion on the reasons anyone would get married and neither should anyone else.

Welp, here's the thing, not you or anyone else allows me my opinion. I own it.
I should have worded that differently. Of course I didn't mean that you are not entitled to your opinion, I just don't understand why anyone would have an opinion on how consenting adults should go about entering marriage. Whether they get married at the spur of the moment in vegas, whether they have lived together for years prior, or whether they're a couple of gays guys who want to finally be man and wife...
(03-10-2017, 03:32 PM)sally Wrote: I just don't understand why anyone would have an opinion on how consenting adults should go about entering marriage.

I think we're just talking about marriage and age and other bs. Speaking only for myself, I was just going with the flow of conversation. I don't care what people do in their own relationships, I'm just bullshittin' with y'all.
Yeah it was the marriage age thing but, oh well. I'm probably the worst criminal when it comes to staying on topic.
(03-10-2017, 01:54 PM)Maggot Wrote: That never occurred to me, what I mean is that marriage has become meaningless as people are not holding marriage vows sacred. i don't know where you get a gay thing going on but everything is not an affront to all things gay. But you have a right to say whatever you want.

Do you remember back in the day when you were gay just meant you were gay? hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I think that as long as the marriage is not violent and the couple has some type of relationship it will work good enough for them to still have a healthy relationship. Giving up on marriage should be a well thought out arrangement as should the decision to be together. I feel as though people give up to fast and do not commit their entire life when they never did. Some days are better than others and many people are intrigued by what on the other side of the fence.
(03-10-2017, 01:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 01:54 PM)Maggot Wrote: people are not holding marriage vows sacred.

Like anything worthwhile it takes some effort. It needs to be cultivated like a garden. It needs attention, time and caring. Marriage shouldn't be viewed as being disposable. It's a tremendous commitment. Gives me goosebumps just talking about it.

I would like to cultivate your garden.

(07-25-2019, 09:58 PM)MirahM Wrote: I would like to cultivate your garden.

116  How you doin'? Ready to garden? Take my hand.