Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
(02-25-2017, 06:22 AM)Duchess Wrote: Brown skinned people need to fear white Americans, not the other way around.

The shooting triggered outrage on Indian social media, where people voiced concern that U.S. President Donald Trump’s “America First” position on immigration and jobs has fueled a climate of intolerance.

However, a White House spokesman disagreed on Friday and said that any loss of life was tragic, but it would be absurd to link the killing to Trump’s rhetoric.

[Image: iangrillot-1487941988.jpg]
^ Ian Grillot, 24, is the local bar patron who intervened and tried to help the two immigrant engineers that Purinton was targeting.

Grillot was struck in the hand and chest.The hospital said Grillot was continuing to improve “I did get my chest tube out and that feels much better, but it is hard to describe how sore I feel,” Grillot told reporters.

Grillot, a construction worker, said that he had to step in when the shooting started in the bar crowded with fans watching a University of Kansas basketball game.

“I was more than happy to risk my life to save the lives of others. There was families, there was kids inside,” he said in a video released by the University of Kansas Health System, where he is recovering from his wounds.

“I couldn’t stand there, I had to do something. That’s why I acted the way I did.”

Grillot sounds like a good upstanding guy, a brave one too. I'm glad to see he's on the mend.

Alok Madasani, best friend of Kuchibhotla who was murdered by Purinton at the bar, has been released from the hospital. Good news.

The FBI is investigating possible hate crime charges based on the anti-immigrant rhetoric witnesses reported Purinton yelling before he started shooting at the two men.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ian-...480e0a4c1e?
(02-27-2017, 09:01 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The FBI is investigating possible hate crime charges based on the anti-immigrant rhetoric witnesses reported Purinton yelling before he started shooting at the two men.

Good! I'm very glad to read that because I hadn't had any faith that was going to happen.

Brown skinned people aren't the only ones that should be concerned. There is a tremendous amount of anti-Semitism around these days too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-28-2017, 06:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 09:01 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The FBI is investigating possible hate crime charges based on the anti-immigrant rhetoric witnesses reported Purinton yelling before he started shooting at the two men.

Good! I'm very glad to read that because I hadn't had any faith that was going to happen.

Brown skinned people aren't the only ones that should be concerned. There is a tremendous amount of anti-Semitism around these days too.

The world seems to be filled with hate these days, (pity) more so than in yesteryear! Signs_173
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-28-2017, 06:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Purinton wrongly assumed the Indian Hindi men he fired upon were Iranian Muslims; he told the Applebee's bartender that he'd shot two Iranians and that's what the bartender conveyed to 911.

[Image: adam-purinton-story-urgent_647_022817042604.jpg]

^ Purinton was charged with one count of murder and one count of attempted murder yesterday. If hate crimes are added, that will increase the potential sentencing.

He wore a green protective vest to court; apparently there are mental health concerns.

His neighbor says that Purinton became a drunken mess after his dad died 18 months ago.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ansas.html
What an ignorant POS, if your going to hate on a guy and especially if your planning on doing harm to them, at least KNOW who or what your hating on. The media is no better, I heard 2 different reporters reporting on the victims as American Indians. WTF? These 2 guys were apparently run of the mill LEGAL immigrants, not invaders. Just doing their thing and being what they can be.
I think categorizing folks into African Americans, Indian Americans or water is Stupid. Your either an American, or your not.
(02-28-2017, 03:34 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: What an ignorant POS, if your going to hate on a guy and especially if your planning on doing harm to them, at least KNOW who or what your hating on. The media is no better, I heard 2 different reporters reporting on the victims as American Indians. WTF? These 2 guys were apparently run of the mill LEGAL immigrants, not invaders. Just doing their thing and being what they can be.
I think categorizing folks into African Americans, Indian Americans or water is Stupid. Your either an American, or your not.

AMEN!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

The FBI has released a statement saying they are going to investigate this shooting as a hate crime.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Case Flashback...3 Years Later

(01-14-2014, 11:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Lone Survivor, for real

A retired Tampa Police Captain was arrested for shooting a man and his wife after an apparent argument over texting during the previews ahead of the movie Lone Survivor at a Wesley Chapel movie theater.

[Image: curtis-reeves.jpg]
This is the shooter, Curtis Reeves, 71 ^. He wore a bullet-proof vest to his arraignment on charges of second degree murder.

Friends and neighbors say he was a calm and friendly guy and that he must have "snapped"; no indications that he had any mental illness or psychopathy. What he did have was a gun in a gun-free zone and what appears to be a very short fuse.

The details emerging: 43-year-old Chad Oulson was texting during the previews before the movie, he and his wife were sitting in the row below Reeves and his wife. Reeves got pissed and started mouthing off to Oulson.

Reeves went to tell on Oulson to theater management, who he either couldn't find or who didn't care (not clear).

So, Reeves went back into the auditorium alone and started again with Oulson. Oulson told Reeves that he was texting his young daughter's babysitter. According to witnesses, Reeves kept getting more irate and at some point during Reeves' tirade, Oulson threw some popcorn at the retired cop.

Reeves now says that he was in fear for his life at that point (shocking, I know) and claims that Oulson threw a punch at him before Reeves pulled a .380 semi-automatic and shot the husband/father/former Navy officer/motocross enthusiast to death right in front of his wife (whose hand was shot trying to protect her husband). Reeves says he was "standing his ground".

Reeves's claims are bullshit, say witnesses and police, who assert that Oulson did not physically assault Reeves at all - no attempted punch, just a popcorn toss.

Well, the judge heard it all today. Judge Tepper said there's nothing to indicate any physical altercation took place and that throwing popcorn does not equal pulling a gun. Good - a rational Florida judge.

Judge Tepper denied bond. Rightfully so, IMO.
^ UPDATE: Curtis Reeves attempts Stand Your Ground defense

A retired Tampa police captain accused of shooting a man in a movie theater took the stand Tuesday during a so-called Stand Your Ground hearing.

[Image: poster_4124d7e552344907b07376e985f0843c_...40_480.jpg]
^ Curtis Reeves, now 74, faces a charge of second-degree murder for shooting Chad Oulson on Jan. 13, 2014. Reeves has invoked Florida’s controversial “stand your ground” law, claiming he shot Oulson in self-defense.

The judge will decide if “stand your ground” applies in this case. The law says a person has no duty to retreat when faced with a violent confrontation and can use deadly force if he or she fears death or great bodily harm.

If she rules that it does, Reeves will be immune from further prosecution on both charges.

Speaking publicly for the first time about the altercation that led to the shooting, Reeves said he opened fire because he felt threatened by Oulson’s actions.

Reeves said before the confrontation, “When I looked up, he was coming over the seat at me.” Reeves said Oulson struck him and began yelling and swearing.

“I realized then that I was in a life or death struggle,” Reeves said. “All of a sudden, he was no longer a loudmouth, he was now a very definite threat.”

He said he reached for his pistol and fired. “At that point, it was his life or mine,” Reeves said.

When questioned by an attorney whether he thought Oulson would hurt him, Reeves replied, “No question about it.” When asked whether he wanted to fire, Reeves said, “Absolutely not.”

Prosecutors say Reeves provoked the confrontation.

The hearing is in its second week and continues Wednesday.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/movie-thea...d-hearing/
What an old quack.

Lock him up!
Sit down shut up, don't use your phone or put your feet on the chair in front of you, got it?
(03-01-2017, 03:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: What an old quack.

Lock him up!

He was a shoot-happy hothead who robbed a little girl of her dad and a wife of her husband.

Even shooter Reeves' wife said she did not understand why her husband shot Chad Oulson when she was interviewed shortly after the incident.

I was relieved to read the Florida judge ruled today that Reeves, who appears remorseless to me, will not be able to use the Stand Your Ground defense. Good call.

[Image: Gunman-Curtis-Reeves-alongside-victim-Ch...family.jpg]

Reeves (left), now 74, faces a charge of second-degree murder for shooting Chad Oulson (right, with family) on Jan. 13, 2014 in a Pasco County movie theater.

Judge Barthle wrote in her order released today that Reeves was not justified in using deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm, one of the three factors necessary for deciding whether Reeves would have been immune from prosecution under the statute. The case will now head to trial.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/curtis-reeve...r-shooter/
Good, now lets get the trial done and execute his old murdering ass
Is there a gofund account for his defense?
Now that she's sobered up (possibly), I doubt my friend aussie will offer to chat you up again, Biggie. She's way more mentally and emotionally advanced and sound than you. Plus, I think she requires a sense of humor, which is your third strike.

Anyway, I did hear that there were a few people just like you who wanted to start a GoFundMe account for the guy who shot dead a man in front of his wife and lied about it being self defense. I'm not sure if their site is still active, but you can check into it: http://www.dipshits.com
I suspect she'll get drunk again so go sit on a cactus you pompous ass.
(03-10-2017, 09:28 PM)BigMark Wrote: I suspect she'll get drunk again so go sit on a cactus you pompous ass.

Not THAT drunk. Strike 4 -- too weak a troll to be offensive.
What the fuck does Aussie have to do with this old fart who murdered the guy at the movie theater?
(03-10-2017, 10:19 PM)sally Wrote: What the fuck does Aussie have to do with this old fart who murdered the guy at the movie theater?

Not a damned thing. hah

I'd just read her chat-up invitation to Biggie in the Trump thread, and his later comment that Hillary Clinton looks like Aussie on a bender in the Dems Comeback thread.

Combine that with his many oh-so-cutting jabs about aussie being mental and his celebration of the homicidal old fart, and it came across as the pitch black pot calling the kettle black. So......it's a cross-thread theme, I guess.

Now, if aussie comes in here all liquored up and offering to chat up Biggie again, I'll have to stand corrected.
Don't be jealous my fragile lotus leaf, theirs enough to go around.