Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MOVIES
(10-25-2017, 03:19 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Is anyone familiar with the book The Snowman? It's now a movie and it'll be released this month.

Reviews are saying this is a terrible movie. Just shows you can never trust a trailer.
Yeah, sometimes you can't trust reviews either though. I will see if It's on Kodi this weekend and give my review. I consider myself to be a horror/thriller buff.
(10-25-2017, 04:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Yeah, sometimes you can't trust reviews either though. I will see if It's on Kodi this weekend and give my review. I consider myself to be a horror/thriller buff.

Totally agree. One of the criticisms was about Val Kilmer... he's in several scenes, and apparently he couldn't speak his dialogue (probably due to his throat issue). They said the voice dubbing was clearly not him, and wasn't done very well.

How have you found Kodi since the dustup over the summer?
(10-26-2017, 09:44 AM)Jimbone Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 04:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Yeah, sometimes you can't trust reviews either though. I will see if It's on Kodi this weekend and give my review. I consider myself to be a horror/thriller buff.

Totally agree. One of the criticisms was about Val Kilmer... he's in several scenes, and apparently he couldn't speak his dialogue (probably due to his throat issue). They said the voice dubbing was clearly not him, and wasn't done very well.

How have you found Kodi since the dustup over the summer?
No issues at all. But i'm running the latest version.
(10-26-2017, 11:19 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: No issues at all. But i'm running the latest version.

Nah, I meant with the add-ons coming and going - seems like it's been tougher to find HD content lately.
(10-26-2017, 02:20 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:19 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: No issues at all. But i'm running the latest version.

Nah, I meant with the add-ons coming and going - seems like it's been tougher to find HD content lately.
I use Exodus and most of the TV shows and movies have HD options but occasionally (for "in theaters now") I have to wait a few weeks after the release in theaters to see it in HD. Otherwise it's some Russian dude with an 8MM camera in his lap and theater people moving to and fro in front of the screen hah
Seeing The Last Jedi tomorrow with my 10 year old and his buddy.

IMAX and 3D.

I’m actually excited about it.

May the force be with you.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-21-2017, 05:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

May the force be with you.

He and I saw last year’s offering “Rogue One” at the theatre and it was great.

Reading good things about this one.

I've never seen a single Star Wars film. I haven't seen Titanic yet either. Actually there is a shit ton of movies I've never seen.
My wife has never watched a Star Wars movie either and doesn’t have any desire to.

She does love Titanic however.
(12-21-2017, 05:13 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Seeing The Last Jedi tomorrow with my 10 year old and his buddy.

IMAX and 3D.

I heard it was pretty good. Hope you guys enjoy it.
(12-21-2017, 07:22 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 05:13 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Seeing The Last Jedi tomorrow with my 10 year old and his buddy.

IMAX and 3D.

I’ll post a review.

With spoilers.
I watched a movie last night called "Christmas Eve" with a grumpy Patrick Stewart in it. It was about these different groups of people stuck in various elevators in N.Y. on Christmas Eve. It had that guy from Psych in it. It was O.K. I only say that because it was a better movie than normal that the professor was watching. It made me stop as I was going to take a piss so that in itself should show you something. I ended up watching the entire thing. But only after hitting the Clang.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-21-2017, 08:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

IMAX and 3D.

I’ll post a review.

With spoilers.

I saw it Monday night in IMAX and 3D. I can do that for you right now.39
(12-21-2017, 10:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

IMAX and 3D.

I’ll post a review.

With spoilers.

Well, I don’t really want to ruin the movie for anyone who hasn’t seen it and wants to, so I’ll offer this:

The IMAX 3D experience was really cool.

My 10 year old and his buddy loved it and the theater was packed.

Beyond that, I’ll keep my opinions to myself for now.

What does an afternoon at the theater cost these days? I'm assuming you bought them drinks and snacks.
$70 for 4 tix.

$27.50 for popcorn, 2 icees and the biggest soda you can find.
(12-23-2017, 02:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What does an afternoon at the theater cost these days? I'm assuming you bought them drinks and snacks.

$21 for 1 ticket and $80 for dinner for two at World of Beer before the movie.
(12-24-2017, 02:56 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 02:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

$21 for 1 ticket and $80 for dinner for two at World of Beer before the movie.
Merry Christmas Mr. McFly.
Would that $21 be for an IMAX movie?
(12-23-2017, 01:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 10:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

IMAX and 3D.

I’ll post a review.

With spoilers.

Well, I don’t really want to ruin the movie for anyone who hasn’t seen it and wants to, so I’ll offer this:

The IMAX 3D experience was really cool.

My 10 year old and his buddy loved it and the theater was packed.

Beyond that, I’ll keep my opinions to myself for now.

I'd never actually spoil a movie for anyone, unlike my co-workers who were discussing the movie within earshot of me on the other side of the cubicle.