BG1's mosh pit

If this is them I dig it. Has a Porcupine Tree vibe to it.

About 14 time too fast, but it happens at live shows from time to time.
Our last recording as Blind Greed. Released exactly one year after the demise of Peter Steel of Type O Negative.
(10-17-2017, 09:50 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:11 AM)Jimbone Wrote: I wonder what he's on... the jaw clenching and mouth ticks make me think he's on a nice X trip.
Angus has been like that since the early 70's. If it were some sort of drug, I assure you he'd be dead by now. The only thing I've ever seen him take was oxygen. He's a performer and a damned good one at that.

I met Angus Young and Brian Johnson at the Lord Nielson pub, in the Rocks district in Sydney about six or seven years ago. I can assure you he's on some pretty awesome gear..
(10-30-2017, 10:15 AM)crash Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:50 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:11 AM)Jimbone Wrote: I wonder what he's on... the jaw clenching and mouth ticks make me think he's on a nice X trip.
Angus has been like that since the early 70's. If it were some sort of drug, I assure you he'd be dead by now. The only thing I've ever seen him take was oxygen. He's a performer and a damned good one at that.

I met Angus Young and Brian Johnson at the Lord Nielson pub, in the Rocks district in Sydney about six or seven years ago. I can assure you he's on some pretty awesome gear..
I doubt they were playing that pub, so I'm still skeptical that Angus's stage presence is altered by drugs. A lot of people use drugs and alcohol recreationally. Few do it at work, and even fewer do it at work every day for 40+ years and not show any affects on their body and live to tell the tale.
Nah they were at the pub after they played the ANZ Stadium, to a full house of about 60000, and we're winding down. I doubt he uses drugs pre-performance either.

His pupils didn't lie about the after performance though..
On a side note, it'd be interesting to know last time Acca Dacca did a pub gig. It'd have to be late 70s or very early 80s
(10-30-2017, 05:46 PM)crash Wrote: On a side note, it'd be interesting to know last time Acca Dacca did a pub gig. It'd have to be late 70s or very early 80s
Their first show with Bon was at a masonic hall in 74. Prior to that they were playing at a disco in Perth with Dave Evans on the mic. High Voltage was released in November of 74 and after that they were on their way so I'm thinking pub gigs would have to fall somewhere after Bon joined the band and before High Voltage was released.
I'm pretty sure that they were still doing local gigs in Melbourne in the mid 70s. They lived there for a couple of years. The whole lotta Rosie song is about their neighbour where they shared a house in Melbourne. They may have been on their way after the release of High Voltage, but I don't know if it was instant. Although, I can't remember first hand, I was only 8-9 in 1975 hah
(10-30-2017, 06:49 PM)crash Wrote: I'm pretty sure that they were still doing local gigs in Melbourne in the mid 70s. They lived there for a couple of years. The whole lotta Rosie song is about their neighbour where they shared a house in Melbourne. They may have been on their way after the release of High Voltage, but I don't know if it was instant. Although, I can't remember first hand, I was only 8-9 in 1975 hah
Angus has commented on pub gigs in Bendigo, but I've never heard of anything in Melbourne. It makes sense that they did shows in Melbourne, it's just not documented anywhere. I would have like to see Bon belting out "Next to You" with Angus on his shoulders, but Bon died a week before I got to see them.
Bendigo is a city of about 120k people these days so probably about half that in the mid 70s. It's about 2 hours outta Melbourne by road. I'd say they did those gigs whilst living there. There's a few books kicking about on pub gig culture that mention AC/DC, but not sure if they're online. Loosely Loo would probably have an idea too; pretty sure she's a bit older than me and she kicked around Melbourne a bit in her younger days from memory
(11-01-2017, 03:34 PM)crash Wrote: Bendigo is a city of about 120k people these days so probably about half that in the mid 70s. It's about 2 hours outta Melbourne by road. I'd say they did those gigs whilst living there. There's a few books kicking about on pub gig culture that mention AC/DC, but not sure if they're online. Loosely Loo would probably have an idea too; pretty sure she's a bit older than me and she kicked around Melbourne a bit in her younger days from memory
I don't think she comes to Mock anymore. She started spouting jibberish and then pulled a "Cynical Ninja" about 4 months ago and I haven't seen her on since.
Ahhh! DEMON CHILD!hah
NSFW

Just in case you've been wondering what Johnny Depp has been up to lately.