Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hey Duchess
I really like the greys and that's what I did my guest bathroom in, but I don't think it will match my kitchen and living room. Here's the living room and it doesnt seem like grey would match. The same colors are in the kitchen also.

[Image: 17xjgbbm.jpg]
It looks like it needs a light tan color. And I have to paint, if you look closely the whole top of the ceiling drywall is cracked. There are also spots along the edges of the walls that are cracked. So once the drywall is fixed I have to paint and I don't want to do it the same color.
I think a deeper grey would look really good with your neutral furnishings, actually.

But, you could go with a milk chocolate color too, or a reddish orange (my favorite). That would change the whole feel of the room and spice it up. It wouldn't match colors in your furnishings, but it would compliment them.

I like your current color scheme a lot too though. It's a safe bet. If you want to change it up a little, a mocha color might work?
These Benjamin Moore colors are nice and seem like a good match for your decor.

[Image: Benjamin-Moore-Color-20.gif]
I think Espresso would look really striking on the wall with the shutters, with Cafe Mocha on the other walls and ceiling.
(11-13-2017, 10:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think Espresso would look really striking on the wall with the shutters, with Cafe Mocha on the other walls and ceiling.

That's what I was thinking, I like that idea. I also like the burnt orange color you mentioned, but my husband would complain about it. He's the only thing that stands in my way.
(11-13-2017, 10:46 PM)sally Wrote: That's what I was thinking, I like that idea. I also like the burnt orange color you mentioned, but my husband would complain about it. He's the only thing that stands in my way.

Work the conversation into the next RV BJ. Problem solved.
(11-13-2017, 10:46 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think Espresso would look really striking on the wall with the shutters, with Cafe Mocha on the other walls and ceiling.

That's what I was thinking, I like that idea. I also like the burnt orange color you mentioned, but my husband would complain about it. He's the only thing that stands in my way.

You have androgynous taste. I wouldn't know if a woman or a man picked everything out; I just know it really works.

Get the paint and hire a painter to help you when you know your husband will be gone the full day. Your space is so open and uncluttered, it won't take long to get the first coat on.

When he gets home and admits he likes it, tell him you know how much he loves coffee and you wanted to do something nice to surprise him.

If he claims not to like it, tell him that's okay -- wallpaper is making a comeback.......
[Image: 2681156291_e8fba95d4d.jpg]
........and you'll move on to Plan B ^ the next day. ')

Good luck sal. It'll be cool to see whatever you do.
Browns and Greys, pretty much it.

[Image: 4maW13x.jpg]
(11-14-2017, 12:02 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:46 PM)sally Wrote:

You have androgynous taste. I wouldn't know if a woman or a man picked everything out; I just know it really works.

Get the paint and hire a painter to help you when you know your husband will be gone the full day. Your space is so open and uncluttered, it won't take long to get the first coat on.

When he gets home and admits he likes it, tell him you know how much he loves coffee and you wanted to do something nice to surprise him.

If he claims not to like it, tell him that's okay -- wallpaper is making a comeback.......
[Image: 2681156291_e8fba95d4d.jpg]
........and you'll move on to Plan B ^ the next day. ')

Good luck sal. It'll be cool to see whatever you do.

He's not going to get his way, I'm set on the espresso color on the focal wall in both the living room and kitchen and a lighter color that compliments it on the rest off the walls. I tried to upload it on the site Duchess posted , but it's not working for me. The reason the style seems androgynous is because I usually allow him a say in what furniture we pick.
I got it to work, but I thought it was going to add the paint for me, not make me brush it on myself. I guess that's asking for too much.

Here's Mexican chocolate and tandoori spice.

[Image: E9kfiOKm.jpg]

[Image: 4unmrDdm.jpg]
looks like pumpkin terra cotta to me.
I like both of them a whole lot sal, especially the Tandori Spice.

I still think the wall with the shutters would look awesome with an Espresso color. The other walls could be Mexican Chocolate or Tandori Spice or Cafe Mocha. Any of them would be beautiful and cohesive.

Looking at the latest possibilities you posted, I think keeping the ceiling light is a good idea, whichever color combo you choose.
I tried the espresso on the one wall and a lighter on the other, but it didn't look right. The espresso looked black. It's fun to play around with it, but it doesn't really give you the true color.

I'm just going to buy samples and paint sections of the walls and live with it for a few days to see what looks best. It doesn't matter because I'm painting everything one way or the other anyway.
Wrong thread. I thought I clicked on the daily bread thread and luckily I caught it before the 15 mins was up.
The gray color that you see in the top corner of the wall is what I picked to do both the kitchen and living room in, it seems safe. I was thinking about using the opposite wall (the one opposite from my dog Max) as an accent wall in that chocolate brown color. Do you think that would work or should I just keep it all gray? I'm not good at this.

[Image: ZWgs1q9l.jpg]
Seems pretty dark for a kitchen for anything other than an accent wall. Kitchens are Task oriented spaces and need Task oriented lighting, hard to do with dark gray walls.
Beautiful dining space ya got there though
(11-14-2017, 08:39 PM)sally Wrote: I got it to work, but I thought it was going to add the paint for me, not make me brush it on myself. I guess that's asking for too much.

Here's Mexican chocolate and tandoori spice.

[Image: E9kfiOKm.jpg]

[Image: 4unmrDdm.jpg]

I like the tandoori spice
I actually like the tandoori spice a lot, but I'm scared. BM said it looks like the great pumpkin.
Tandoori Spice. Just fucking do it. You'll love it.