Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thanksgiving preparation thread
(11-22-2017, 10:09 AM)sally Wrote: You can't let them cool down too much. As soon as they're done drain the boiling water and fill the pot with cold water. Wait a couple of minutes and then start peeling them under cold running water.
Works like a charm. I put a little bit of oil in the water while they're boiling as well.
This is all so eggciting. Hey don't push me off the wall.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I mix the cooked yolks with Hellman's mayonnaise, mustard and crumbled bacon. Then I stuff the little bastards, put them on my deviled egg tray and top them with a sliced green olive and paprika.

How do you do yours? I've had some pretty terrible deviled eggs before, I don't know how anyone could fuck up a devilled egg, but they do.
(11-22-2017, 01:49 PM)sally Wrote: How do you do yours? I've had some pretty terrible deviled eggs before, I don't know how anyone could fuck up a devilled egg, but they do.

Mayonnaise, brown mustard, chopped onion, a little salt and pepper......with a pinch of paprika and a black olive slice on top.

They're good, but not great. The bacon crumbles are probably just what I need.
My neighbor puts sweet pickle relish and ketchup in hers. I thought they were gross, but I guess her family likes them lol.

I just made pumpkin & banana bread while listening to Christmas carols. I was happy puttering around my kitchen. Woooo

Traffic is a mutha today and the farmers market is ridiculously packed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-22-2017, 02:04 PM)sally Wrote: My neighbor puts sweet pickle relish and ketchup in hers. I thought they were gross, but I guess her family likes them lol.
That doesn't even sound good. I put some green chili's in mine along with the bacon bits. Everybody who's ever had mine love them.
(11-22-2017, 02:04 PM)sally Wrote: My neighbor puts sweet pickle relish and ketchup in hers. I thought they were gross, but I guess her family likes them lol.

My step daughter made them like that one year, she got the recipe online somewhere-they were absolutely fucking gross & everyone spit that shit out in the trash, then gargled with crown royal for good measure.

I use this homemade horseradish mustard that my cousin ships over from Poland, that with a little Mayo & crumbled bacon & my hubs can't get enough of them. Which is really bad for me, cause he farts like crazy all night long after.

Actually, I do put a little bit of diced pickle or relish in mine most of the time. Ketchup -- no way.

(11-22-2017, 02:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I just made pumpkin & banana bread while listening to Christmas carols. I was happy puttering around my kitchen. Woooo

Traffic is a mutha today and the farmers market is ridiculously packed.

That sounds so good. I bet your kitchen smells amazing.

I'm gonna cheat a little on the low-carb, no grains, no sugar plan I've been on all year. No rolls or banana bread or pie '( -- but I'm gonna have some stuffing and a little bit of mashed potatoes (and probably too much wine).
(11-22-2017, 02:24 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I bet your kitchen smells amazing.

It does, like I accomplished something really wonderful. hah
Some people make them with Miracle Whip too. I think we may have already had the Miracle Whip versus mayo discussion, but I think Miracle Whip is the most disgusting shit ever created.

I know someone who adds tuna, chopped eggs and miracle whip and then makes a sandwich. Makes me wanna heave just recalling it.
(11-20-2016, 12:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'll clean and dice and chop but I won't be doing any cooking.

Does Cowboy cook, or do you sub-contract?
Yuck.

Here's something that sounds delicious, however. Instead of cooking breakfast tomorrow on top of cooking the big dinner feast I'm going to do a simple brunch with the deviled eggs and a smoked salmon platter. I'll arrange the smoked salmon with cucumbers, radishes, red onion, capers, lemon wedges, caviar and fresh dill along with the deviled eggs, a crab boursin spread and toasted French bread.

I'm starving and haven't ate yet so my grocery list just keeps getting longer and longer every time I think about food.
(11-22-2017, 03:55 PM)sally Wrote: Here's something that sounds delicious, however. Instead of cooking breakfast tomorrow on top of cooking the big dinner feast I'm going to do a simple brunch with the deviled eggs and a smoked salmon platter. I'll arrange the smoked salmon with cucumbers, radishes, red onion, capers, lemon wedges, caviar and fresh dill along with the deviled eggs, a crab boursin spread and toasted French bread.

Will you marry me? Love3
(11-22-2017, 03:50 PM)cannongal Wrote: Does Cowboy cook, or do you sub-contract?

No sub-contracting (not even sure what that means). Friends and family are here and everyone pitches in one way or another. It's nothing fancy or formal, it's very laid back and casual.
(11-22-2017, 04:04 PM)Duchess Wrote: No sub-contracting (not even sure what that means). [/i][/size]

What I meant was hire a service that comes and does the cooking part for you. Smiley_emoticons_razz The image I have in my head of you, is someone that gets hives when they go near a stove hah
They are goosebumps!
(11-22-2017, 04:17 PM)cannongal Wrote: What I meant was hire a service that comes and does the cooking part for you. Smiley_emoticons_razz The image I have in my head of you, is someone that gets hives when they go near a stove hah

Ha! Catered. That's not beneath me but I enjoy doing this kind of thing for those I care about, not that I'm going to be slavin' over a stove or anything like that. It really is very casual, people will be cooking, drinking, laughing, watching football, etc, just like in millions of other homes. I'll probably be barefoot in loungewear.
I love making food for people also. Sally that breakfast sounds amazing! This year I am visiting others for Thanksgiving. Here is one of my favorite Thanksgiving videos. The Turduckenaie.

P.S. I like a sprig of parsley on deviled eggs.