Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
(12-03-2017, 12:50 PM)BigMark Wrote: What Black man?

I don't know who the fuck she's talking about either.
Commando Cunt Queen
Tiger Woods is a black golfer.

Barack Obama was the first black president.

But, Colin Kaepernick is a white football player and "isn't black enough" to understand or protest against racial injustice and police brutality. I've heard that as an explanation for the outrage a number of times.

That's stupid, to me. I don't care if a person is all black, half black (which Kaepernick is), or as white as my ass -- it's not difficult to see, understand and empathize with the issues.

It IS often hard and risky to take an active stand or kneel in attempt to affect change however (which Kaepernick did).

If there's no provable contract-breaking collusion among owners and Kaepernick loses the case and never plays pro ball again, I won't feel compelled to protest. He set his priorities and took the risk.

But, if there is contract-breaking collusion proven and Kaepernick was blackballed for excercising his first amendment rights, I hope like hell he plays again or gets a healthy financial settlement.

How can you two be so dense. Any black man, a black man in general, a black male who dares protest in a peaceful manner. Those peaceful protesting black guys get some white guys all shook up and they don't want to see that shit. I'm pretty sure more than one of them said, how dare that ungrateful nigga do that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-03-2017, 05:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How can you two be so dense.

You talkin' to me? ')

If so, I'm not as dense as I used to be. I've dropped a lot of pounds this year!

Seriously, I do know that Kap is black. He's also white. Neither is relevant to me in this case. But, I won't be surprised if you're right in that some of his detractors are likely pissed about a black or mixed-race man daring to protest during the anthem (even if it's silently). "Uppity", they say.
(12-03-2017, 05:41 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You talkin' to me? ')

OMG! No! Not you! I had failure to quote, I was talking to User & Mark. Oh Lord. I would never call you dense.
hah You can call me dense anytime.

I promise I won't be offended. I've been called way worse here.

And, sometimes I do miss a point altogether. Luckily, unlike for Biggie, that's more the exception than the rule for me.
(11-26-2017, 05:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Wouldn't it be something if Colin were TIME magazine's person of the year?

He's made the list of final 10 nominees.

I think the #MeToo movement or President Trump will probably win the 2017 title though.

We'll find out on Wednesday.

I can totally see trump getting it. I really don't think there has been a bigger newsmaker. I think he might lead the headlines everyday.
In all seriousness, aren’t you tired of the Kaepernick story yet?
Kaepernick doesn't run around preaching every chance he gets. He's been speaking more with actions than words. And, the collusion case hasn't even made it to litigation or mediation yet.

So I'm not tired of any aspects of the story -- not Kaepernick's personal story and cause, not the legal/contractual issues, and not the bigger issue surrounding first amendment guarantees as they do and don't apply to the workplace (including the current President's interference in private business to try to coerce owners to deny their employees freedom of expression).

In all seriousness, it's all very interesting and important to me or I obviously wouldn't continue to cover and discuss it.
I don’t think a court of law will be able to prove the collusion charges, but that’s just my guess.

I’ve actually come around on this and support his choice to do what he did.

As I’ve stated previously though, he was taking on a pretty big organization that can’t afford to have their brand affected more than it already has.

So, he has paid the price with his job, but from my understanding, the NFL just came up with a deal that will see it contribute $89M toward issues in the black community over the next several years.

I don’t have all the details in front of me, but the League was trying to acknowledge what the players protest was all about, and this was a monetary trade off.
[Image: Capture_1513613799443_4699954_ver1.0_640_360.PNG]

I don't know if this is a serious possibility since it would cost over $100,000,000 and require NFL league approval...........but Sean "Diddy" Combs is expressing interest in buying the Carolina Panthers. Combs indicated he'd give Kaepernick first chance at making quarterback.

The Panthers team is on the market now that Jerry Richardson has announced that he thinks it's time for the franchise to be under new management (in the wake of sexual harassment and racial discrimination allegations against him).

After Combs tweeted his interest in buying the team, Steph Curry of the NBA's Golden State Warriors jumped in and said he wanted a piece of that (the Panthers are his home town team).

And, Kaepernick responded that getting into management would be of interest to him too.

There are currently no black owners in the NFL.

Ref: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/didd...ry-n830841
Hmmm... last I checked, Cam Newton was playing pretty well for Carolina.

And he’s black.
(12-19-2017, 01:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hmmm... last I checked, Cam Newton was playing pretty well for Carolina.

And he’s black.
It says owner, not QB MS. Reggie Fowler is the only black man to ever get close to owning an NFL team, and the team he wanted to purchase? Your Vikes back in 2005. There are more than a few black QB's playing well in the league right now. Wilson, Prescott, Taylor, Watson, Winston, etc...
Yep, you got it right Gunnar.

Diddy said he'd like to buy the team and give Kaepernick first dibs at knocking Cam Newton out of the starting position. He also said he'd bring the best half time shows to the NFL.

Anyway, I just read the estimated value of the Panthers; it's way over $100 million. Forbes values it at a whopping $2.3 billion. Richardson and a group of investors reportedly paid $206 million for the team in 1996, so he's going to make a huge return on investment when he sells it. https://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news...in-w514272

Richardson's situation kinda reminds me of when Donald Sterling was forced to sell his Clippers NBA franchise after owning it for a few decades. Although he too was hit with allegations of sexual misconduct and racism, he ended up selling the team to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion, netting a 15,900% ROI.

It sorta bothers me when people who have built their own business are forced into a position of having to sell.
(12-19-2017, 02:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 01:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hmmm... last I checked, Cam Newton was playing pretty well for Carolina.

And he’s black.
It says owner, not QB MS. Reggie Fowler is the only black man to ever get close to owning an NFL team, and the team he wanted to purchase? Your Vikes back in 2005. There are more than a few black QB's playing well in the league right now. Wilson, Prescott, Taylor, Watson, Winston, etc...

I was responding to Puff Daddy wanting to buy the Panthers and install Kaep as the QB.

Cam is already there.

By the way, in deference to Newton, I saw someone Dab at a PGA event this past weekend.

Cam is King!
(12-19-2017, 04:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It sorta bothers me when people who have built their own business are forced into a position of having to sell.

You're a nicer person than I. I don't feel sorry for either of those racist sexist old goats!! 79

People who buy into franchises (sports, food, healthcare, etc...) are always bound by the league or parent company's contractual terms and code of conduct.

And, both Sterling and Richardson are well into retirement age, haven't been hit with criminal charges, and are making huge profits on the sell of their franchises.
(12-19-2017, 04:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yep, you got it right Gunnar.

Diddy said he'd like to buy the team and give Kaepernick first dibs at knocking Cam Newton out of the starting position. He also said he'd bring the best half time shows to the NFL.

Anyway, I just read the estimated value of the Panthers; it's way over $100 million. Forbes values it at a whopping $2.3 billion. Richardson and a group of investors reportedly paid $206 million for the team in 1996, so he's going to make a huge return on investment when he sells it. https://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news...in-w514272

Richardson's situation kinda reminds me of when Donald Sterling was forced to sell his Clippers NBA franchise after owning it for a few decades. Although he too was hit with allegations of sexual misconduct and racism, he ended up selling the team to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion, netting a 15,900% ROI.
Yeah Fowler was offering 400+ mil for the vikes in 05. The Panthers could easily double that considering their last 4 years in the league.
(12-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 02:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

And he’s black.

I was responding to Puff Daddy wanting to buy the Panthers and install Kaep as the QB.

Cam is already there.

By the way, in deference to Newton, I saw someone Dab at a PGA event this past weekend.

Cam is King!
My bad, I completely bypassed that comment because Kaep couldn't beat Cam out of the starters position, and even Kaep "expressed interest" in a management spot. Even HE knows he doesn't have the chops to beat out Superman! hah Anyway, Diddy even thinking about putting Kaep up against Cam for the starting spot makes him fairly clueless which is good for the rest of the NFC teams if he buys the team.