Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IT'S A BRAND NEW WEEK!
(01-08-2018, 06:30 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:10 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: And its already off to a bad start. I took some personal time off to do laundry, get some extra sleep, and decide what I want to do about this canvass letter I got for a Supervisor's job. Should I tell them I'm interested in a supervisor's position or not? I'd most likely have to ask my bosses about getting retrained on the phones. Its due Friday. It would mean more stress and I'd have to move since its not in the same location I'm currently working.

Well, if the new job is not for a shitload life changing more money, then it is not worth all the new higher stress that goes with a stressful Supervisor's position.

Moving is another thing that you can't easily do, since your dad & bro depend on you for support & "housing". Would they move with you?

Since it's a canvas letter, means there likely will be many applicants, thus, causing competition, and the salary bump will not be as large as if you were the only applicant.

Seems in your current situation, the timing is not in your favor at this moment.

What ever you decide, Good Luck!

I've decided to go for it. The letter will be mailed tomorrow morning. The salary bump will be the same for all applicants ( a few thousand more I think).

The timing is never in my favor. I'm a people pleaser, a tongue biter. All my life, I've adapted to their life situations. Its time they adapted to my situation.
(01-08-2018, 11:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:10 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: It would mean more stress and I'd have to move since its not in the same location I'm currently working.

Do not take anything that adds more stress to your life unless you think you can overcome it in a timely fashion. You will be miserable and being miserable at your job sucks in a major way given it's something you have to do day after day.

Blowing-kisses Thanks Duchess. I'm going to try for it anyway. I took the supervisor test and passed (70). Should I not at least try for a supervisor position since I invested time in money in the test?
Awesome! Good for you Clang.
Thank you Love Child. I couldn't have done it without the inspiration and support of you and my fellow Mockers.

Anyway, the canvass letter is basically just a letter of interest in the supervising position, I'll just have to stay positive and see if I get called for an interview for a supervisor position.
(01-08-2018, 07:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Blowing-kisses Thanks Duchess. I'm going to try for it anyway. I took the supervisor test and passed (70). Should I not at least try for a supervisor position since I invested time in money in the test?

I'm very fond of you, Clang and as with all those I care about I just want you to be happy. I feel like I should clarify my earlier response. I simply didn't want you to feel overwhelmed to the point it attacked your confidence. I've seen that happen to you and it frustrated you to the point you talked about maybe quitting.

I think it's great that you're taking this leap! That means you're feeling strong, confident & capable and that's a wonderful thing. I wish you much success! Smiley_emoticons_bussi

I'm high and feeling very talkative. BlahBlahBlah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Blowing-kisses Thanks Duchess. I'm going to try for it anyway. I took the supervisor test and passed (70). Should I not at least try for a supervisor position since I invested time in money in the test?

I'm very fond of you, Clang and as with all those I care about I just want you to be happy. I feel like I should clarify my earlier response. I simply didn't want you to feel overwhelmed to the point it attacked your confidence. I've seen that happen to you and it frustrated you to the point you talked about maybe quitting.

I think it's great that you're taking this leap! That means you're feeling strong, confident & capable and that's a wonderful thing. I wish you much success! Smiley_emoticons_bussi

I'm high and feeling very talkative. BlahBlahBlah

I'll feel, strong, confident and capable when I actually reach the point of no return and drop that letter in the mailbox tomorrow morning and I ask my bosses about the possibility of getting re-trained on the phone.
Good luck with it all, you fat fuck.
That's like ten extra camisoles per month.
(01-08-2018, 10:01 PM)sally Wrote: Good luck with it all, you fat fuck.

Thanks, bitchcakes.
(01-08-2018, 07:12 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:10 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: And its already off to a bad start. I took some personal time off to do laundry, get some extra sleep, and decide what I want to do about this canvass letter I got for a Supervisor's job. Should I tell them I'm interested in a supervisor's position or not? I'd most likely have to ask my bosses about getting retrained on the phones. Its due Friday. It would mean more stress and I'd have to move since its not in the same location I'm currently working.

Well, if the new job is not for a shitload life changing more money, then it is not worth all the new higher stress that goes with a stressful Supervisor's position.

Moving is another thing that you can't easily do, since your dad & bro depend on you for support & "housing". Would they move with you?

Since it's a canvas letter, means there likely will be many applicants, thus, causing competition, and the salary bump will not be as large as if you were the only applicant.

Seems in your current situation, the timing is not in your favor at this moment.

I've decided to go for it. The letter will be mailed tomorrow morning. The salary bump will be the same for all applicants ( a few thousand more I think).

The timing is never in my favor. I'm a people pleaser, a tongue biter. All my life, I've adapted to their life situations. Its time they adapted to my situation.

Good for you Clangster! Put "yourself" first for once! New year, New Life!

Sounds like you're ready to SLEIGH SOME DRAGONS!44
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I like that Clang dresses for function rather than appearance.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Well he's not going to get laid that way.
(01-09-2018, 06:45 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:12 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Good for you Clangster! Put "yourself" first for once! New year, New Life!

Sounds like you're ready to SLEIGH SOME DRAGONS!44

Sorry, Cars (and everyone). False alarm. I chickened out and threw the canvass letter away instead of mailing it. Duchess was right. I'm not cut out for that level of stress and people interaction. I'm more suited to grunt work and low level human interaction. I was just fooling myself into thinking I could be better/different than what I am now.

I'm a fucking coward. I didn't even discuss it with my bosses like I told my Dad and brother.

On the bright side they did give me something new to learn. ELT Kickout sheets, whatever they are.
I think ERL kickout sheets were created to encourage drop out rates among senior citizens at BINGO halls or mentally challenged individuals. It may be right up your alley. I bet it stands for Elderly Rejection Literature. Or Equal Runaround Labyrinths. Either way it's bound to be confusing. I'm a bit myself.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
wtf
(01-09-2018, 09:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I chickened out and threw the canvass letter away instead of mailing it. Duchess was right. I'm not cut out for that level of stress and people interaction. I'm more suited to grunt work and low level human interaction. I was just fooling myself into thinking I could be better/different than what I am now.

I'm a fucking coward. I didn't even discuss it with my bosses like I told my Dad and brother.

On the bright side they did give me something new to learn. ELT Kickout sheets, whatever they are.

Clang, stop. You're not a coward, you obviously felt up to the challenge. Something happened, something took a shot at your confidence. What was it? You have to learn to identify what triggers that so you can avoid it in the future. Can you get a copy of that letter? If so, get it and mail it in, apply for the job and do so with every intention of getting it. You are capable!

Well if there really was a canvas letter, ("They" came to you) and you balked at it, then it seems you are doomed to remain in your current state of affairs.
As it takes balls (hard to come by for some) to go to "them" seeking a promotion. Hope that changes.
Some day that may change, but only you yourself can make that change!

Sounds like SOME DRAGONS got to SLEIGH You!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-10-2018, 11:59 AM)Carsman Wrote: .

Well if there really was a canvas letter, ("They" came to you) and you balked at it, then it seems you are doomed to remain in your current state of affairs.
As it takes balls (hard to come by for some) to go to "them" seeking a promotion. Hope that changes.
Some day that may change, but only you yourself can make that change!

Sounds like SOME DRAGONS got to SLEIGH You!

(01-10-2018, 06:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I chickened out and threw the canvass letter away instead of mailing it. Duchess was right. I'm not cut out for that level of stress and people interaction. I'm more suited to grunt work and low level human interaction. I was just fooling myself into thinking I could be better/different than what I am now.

Clang, stop. You're not a coward, you obviously felt up to the challenge. Something happened, something took a shot at your confidence. What was it? You have to learn to identify what triggers that so you can avoid it in the future. Can you get a copy of that letter? If so, get it and mail it in, apply for the job and do so with every intention of getting it. You are capable!

Its the lack of confidence or perceived lack of confidence my bosses have in me that is stopping me. If they thought I could handle the phones or a supervisor position they would have asked me if I wanted to be retrained on the phones. It seems their happy with the work I am doing now. Happy to keep me where I am.

I don't know if I was up to the challenge or it was more likely I was trying to convince myself that I was, so I could make more money and have a chance at moving into a place of my own.

I talk a big game but I hate confrontation and I don't like change. Oh sure if I'm forced to change, like when our furnace busted and our pipes froze and burst and we had to move out of our house and into a hotel for months, then I can adapt. But voluntary change I stink at.
You're riding the gravy train, getting that promotion would be like getting biscuit wheels.