WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

Can you imagine what it must have been like to be told a ballistic missile is heading your way? I've thought about the people in Hawaii so much. They must have been so scared :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My wife, her sister and I were talking about that yesterday.

What would we have done @ 8am, isolated on an island, knowing a nuke was going to hit Honolulu in the next 30 mins?

Princeville, Kauai Is about 100 miles from Honolulu, which is where we were exactly a year ago.

Kids with... how do you not go into a complete panic?

Really unfortunate for those people.
(01-15-2018, 04:51 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My wife, her sister and I were talking about that yesterday.

What would we have done @ 8am, isolated on an island, knowing a nuke was going to hit Honolulu in the next 30 mins?

Princeville, Kauai Is about 100 miles from Honolulu, which is where we were exactly a year ago.

Kids with... how do you not go into a complete panic?

Really unfortunate for those people.
Kauai is my favorite island, although I haven't been to Maui. But on topic, I don't think there is really much you could do but "wait and see."
I would have "borrowed" a boat.

It shouldn't be so easy to inadvertently send out those alerts.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-15-2018, 10:06 PM)BigMark Wrote: I would have "borrowed" a boat.
And then after you find out it was a false alarm, hire a good lawyer? hah
(01-16-2018, 07:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:

It shouldn't be so easy to inadvertently send out those alerts.
The alerts are set up on an "auto dialer" as I understand, so I think the focus should be on what or how the alert was tripped. There's probably a lot more to this that what we are hearing.
I wonder how many looked for a quick piece of ass before the end came.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-16-2018, 09:55 AM)Maggot Wrote: I wonder how many looked for a quick piece of ass before the end came.
I did, but it didn't have anything to do with Hawaii.
Or a woman.
I lived with that shit for 4 years when I was in the air force.
Every time they blew the horn on the alert pad we never know...If this one real?
2 times I was loaded on an aircraft and we made the turn onto the runway before they called it off
Several times the bombers made the takeoff roll before backing out of the throttle
Scary shit.
For the folks in Hawaii I kind of doubt all that many believed it, some no doubt but not that many.
(01-16-2018, 11:25 AM)BigMark Wrote: Or a woman.