Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Anyone can go to their doctor and take their records. It's not illegal.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-02-2018, 08:27 AM)Maggot Wrote: Anyone can go to their doctor and take their records. It's not illegal.

It's my understanding that patients are allowed copies, rather than the originals which are the property of the doctor.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Nope, they are the property of the patient bought and paid for although most people would get a copy. When a person changes doctors they are sent the originals and the doctor keeps a copy. which is probably what happened here.
(05-02-2018, 09:17 AM)Maggot Wrote: Nope, they are the property of the patient bought and paid for although most people would get a copy. When a person changes doctors they are sent the originals and the doctor keeps a copy. which is probably what happened here.
This. They are YOUR medical records and YOU dictate what they can be used for.
(05-02-2018, 08:40 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 08:27 AM)Maggot Wrote: Anyone can go to their doctor and take their records. It's not illegal.

It's my understanding that patients are allowed copies, rather than the originals which are the property of the doctor.

President Trump's former physician, Dr. Bornstein, is one weird dude.

Trump is entitled to his own records, but the doctor should always have a copy as well.

And, Bornstein should not have released Trump's medical records to anyone but Trump without a signed Medical Release Authorization Form. That's a HIPAA violation.

If the people Trump sent to retrieve the records did not have a Medical Release Authorization Form signed by Trump and forceably took the files, that could be a real problem for them. But, considering Trump presumably gave them verbal direction to retrieve the files, Trump wouldn't likely pursue any action against his own people.

However, Bornstein could probably file a theft complaint based on his 'forceably took the records' allegation. And, he might have the right to demand a copy of the records in any case (they're Trump's medical records, but also Bornstein's work product).

Way different in all your states than it is here. I'm entitled to copies of everything but not the originals. It's like that at the vet office as well.
(05-02-2018, 12:23 PM)Duchess Wrote: Way different in all your states than it is here. I'm entitled to copies of everything but not the originals. It's like that at the vet office as well.

No, I think you were right in the first place Duchess. The original records are the property of the doctor. The patient has a right to view the original records and obtain a complete copy of them.

That's my understanding now, after reviewing the law (which is federal, not state-specific).

Within the health information management industry, there is often great confusion as to who actually has ownership over an original copy of a medical record: the physician or the patient? The physician is creating the records; however, he or she is creating them based on the happenings of a patient, so the question remains... who actually owns the original medical record?

Most would guess the patient takes ownership; however, this is not entirely the case. The physical medical record actually belongs to the physician who created it and the facility in which the record was created.

The information gathered within the original medical record is owned by the patient. This is why patients are allowed a COPY of their medical record, but not the original document.

Every healthcare facility is required by law to maintain the original medical record of patient that receives care and must safeguard it from loss, damage, alteration, and unauthorized use. The original medical record is considered a legal document and may not be removed from the facility's premises without a court order.

Ref: https://medicopy.net/who-we-are/blog/who...cal-record

So, maybe Dr. Bornstein does have a case against Trump and company if they did not have a court order. However, given he signed/certified the original and ludicrous 2015 presidential fitness letter which Trump reportedly actually wrote himself, I'm not sure Bornstein isn't in some trouble himself.
(05-02-2018, 12:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: No, I think you were right in the first place Duchess. The original records are the property of the doctor. The patient has a right to view the original records and obtain a complete copy of them.

Thanks, HotD.
Jesus Christ.

[Image: RudyGuilianiScreaming.jpg]

You'd think after Rudy Giuliani went on FOX last year and bragged that Trump had consulted him about how to make his "Muslim ban" legal (and how that FOX piece was used in court to block the newly branded 'travel ban'), Trump and company would know better than to retain frothing-at-the-mouth Rudy as legal counsel to the President.

Well, not only did they not know better, they also hailed Rudy as an outstanding new addition to Trump's legal team who would have great influence over solid-as-a-rock Robert Mueller. That fallacy would be unbelievable in any other administration.

You remember how Cohen first said that Trump never knew anything about a Stormy Daniels deal because it was a matter that Cohen handled without Trump's knowledge? Remember how Cohen then said he used his own money and was never reimbursed directly or indirectly by Trump? Remember how Trump went on a rant last week on FOX & Friends and contradicted all that by letting out that Cohen had actually represented him legally him in the Stormy Daniels case? Those public missteps are some pretty blatant acts of stupidity on their own.

Well, tonight the stupidity got ratcheted up even further. Ace attorney Rudy got all comfortable playing footsie with Sean Hannity on FOX and told the world that Trump knew all about the hush money and that Trump did, in fact, reimburse Cohen. Not to worry though -- the money was funneled in batches through a law firm and not paid back with campaign finance funds! Seriously, Rudy went there. And, while he was there.........Rudy went on an incoherent rant about Hillary Clinton.

Rudy is so hungry for attention and fully off-the-rails; he ain't all there no mo. That's been obvious to anyone with a brain and ears for the last couple of years.

Ahahahaha! Goddamn I love this shit. 57
(05-02-2018, 10:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Rudy is so hungry for attention and fully off-the-rails; he ain't all there no mo. That's been obvious to anyone with a brain and ears for the last couple of years.

I came into Mock before I went anywhere else but now that I've seen some headlines THIS STORY IS EVERYWHERE! Rudy said trump fired Comey because Comey wouldn't tell trump he wasn't a target of the investigation. Rudy ran his mouth about a lot of shit. trump only hires the best people. Go Rudy go.

As I'm reading the news of the day I think of the amazing audacity Barack Obama once had when he wore a tan suit, not to mention the horror of the day he wore a helmet while bicycling with his children. My God. The fucking nerve of that man.

45846688jerry On a side note I have all my original medical records. They were given to me to bring to another doctor and I made copies and gave him those. He didn't care. The cool part is I have the CD when they did my MRI and can play it in a bunch of different modes from my head to my tippy toes.
Indiana congressman, 17 colleagues, nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize !!!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/indiana-...d=54884867
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(05-03-2018, 08:25 AM)Maggot Wrote: 45846688jerry On a side note I have all my original medical records. They were given to me to bring to another doctor and I made copies and gave him those. He didn't care. The cool part is I have the CD when they did my MRI and can play it in a bunch of different modes from my head to my tippy toes.
Yeah, weird because I have my originals too. CD's and all. Guess we're law breakers maggs
(05-03-2018, 12:09 PM)F.U. Wrote: Indiana congressman, 17 colleagues, nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize !!!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/indiana-...d=54884867

Go trump go. hah
(05-03-2018, 01:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 08:25 AM)Maggot Wrote: 45846688jerry On a side note I have all my original medical records. They were given to me to bring to another doctor and I made copies and gave him those. He didn't care. The cool part is I have the CD when they did my MRI and can play it in a bunch of different modes from my head to my tippy toes.
Yeah, weird because I have my originals too. CD's and all. Guess we're law breakers maggs.

If you guys have your original medical records (rather than copies) and you didn't take them by force or steal them from your medical providers, of course you haven't broken any laws.

But, your medical providers could have an issue if they get audited or subjected to a lawsuit and they've got copies rather than originals in their files.

More and more doctors and health providers are offering electronic or CD copies to their patients, which is cool -- more convenient, faster, more secure, and cheaper than all that paper.

Anyway, the potential problem for Trump is if his guys really did storm into Dr. Bornstein's office and take the records by force, without written release authorization from Trump. And/or they were snagged without a court order (if the records were originals).

But, I don't think Dr. Bornstein would take legal action anyway. He seems more butt-hurt and attention-seeking than anything else, to me. Plus, he fraudulently signed off on a fitness certification letter that he didn't write, for the President of the U.S. no less. And, he violated his patient's right to privacy by telling the press about Trump's hair growth treatment.

If Bornstein was smart......he'd try to get a copy of his and Trump's medical records if he doesn't have one (to cover his ass professionally), and he'd shut up about it publicly.
Darn it! Another opportunity to pester Trump about, not taken advantage of, maybe later....... 45846688jerry
You're really digging the whole Popcorn Jerry deal today, Mags. Work it.

Sometimes the simplest pleasures are the best, I guess.

I liked your old dancing banana emoji the best. He hasn't shuffled around here in a while.
(05-03-2018, 03:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 01:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
Yeah, weird because I have my originals too. CD's and all. Guess we're law breakers maggs.

If you guys have your original medical records (rather than copies) and you didn't take them by force or steal them from your medical providers, of course you haven't broken any laws.

But, your medical providers could have an issue if they get audited or subjected to a lawsuit and they've got copies rather than originals in their files.

More and more doctors and health providers are offering electronic or CD copies to their patients, which is cool -- more convenient, faster, more secure, and cheaper than all that paper.

Anyway, the potential problem for Trump is if his guys really did storm into Dr. Bornstein's office and take the records by force, without written release authorization from Trump. And/or they were snagged without a court order (if the records were originals).

But, I don't think Dr. Bornstein would take legal action anyway. He seems more butt-hurt and attention-seeking than anything else, to me. Plus, he fraudulently signed off on a fitness certification letter that he didn't write, for the President of the U.S. no less. And, he violated his patient's right to privacy by telling the press about Trump's hair growth treatment.

If Bornstein was smart......he'd try to get a copy of his and Trump's medical records if he doesn't have one (to cover his ass professionally), and he'd shut up about it publicly.
Doubtful. Electronic data is sufficient these days. Even in a court of law.