Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
POLITICS ARE HORRIBLE

hah

I didn't want to be too dramatic so I laughed.

I never used to pay attention to politics. I didn't know much about it at all. I probably wouldn't have been able to tell you who my governor is. Still can't! I'd know it was him if I heard his name though.

I heard people talking about John Kerry earlier and I couldn't participate because I didn't know enough to say anything. Bummer. I wanted to argue. He was called a traitor and I felt the need to defend him but I couldn't because I just didn't know ANYTHING! 78

Have you always been interested in politics?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I've never been interested in politics, never much paid attention to politics myself. Usually just vote for the Democratic Party candidate or the less stupid person. Most of the time they are one in the same.

Isn't our governor Ed Koch or Rudy Guliani? Or Chris Christie? Arnold Schwartzenegger?
I've been interested in politics since about my mid 20s.

To me, politics are important and can be really exciting and interesting.

I've never considered politics horrible. But, I pay more attention to politics when I find the politicians horrible in terms of leadership, direction, and agenda/policy. I'm paying a lot of attention to national politics these days.
The way it divides people is horrible.
(05-01-2018, 11:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: The way it divides people is horrible.

I've seen it referred to as tribal. Us vs them. Rational vs irrational. I'm on the rational side.
(05-01-2018, 10:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've never considered politics horrible. But, I pay more attention to politics when I find the politicians horrible in terms of leadership, direction, and agenda/policy. I'm paying a lot of attention to national politics these days.

I should have phrased it differently and said politicians are horrible. They are! The lying. The cheating. The fucking hypocrisy.
(05-02-2018, 04:47 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 10:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've never considered politics horrible. But, I pay more attention to politics when I find the politicians horrible in terms of leadership, direction, and agenda/policy. I'm paying a lot of attention to national politics these days.

I should have phrased it differently and said politicians are horrible. They are! The lying. The cheating. The fucking hypocrisy.

Except Obama. He was a cool dude and the best President we ever had besides Reagan and Bill Clinton.
And Unicorns fart glitter.
(05-02-2018, 06:02 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Except Obama. He was a cool dude and the best President we ever had besides Reagan and Bill Clinton.

Very cool. Very smart. Dignified & respectful. No drama Obama. Awink

...and Bill. 75
Fuckity fuck.
(05-02-2018, 06:05 PM)BigMark Wrote: And Unicorns fart glitter.

That's so true.

*pours glitter into his butthole and dons his Magical Princess Unicorn costume*

hah

*grabs camera*
Grabs a trash can to puke in.
(05-02-2018, 06:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 06:02 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Except Obama. He was a cool dude and the best President we ever had besides Reagan and Bill Clinton.

...and Bill. 75

(05-02-2018, 06:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

*grabs camera*

hahBlowing-kisses
I think my first thoughts of politics was due to a book I read back in the early 90s about how much the savings and loan scandal cost tax payers.
I later read the book And the Band Played on and realized how much more Reagan could have did to stop the AIDS crisis and mix all that in with my LOCAL republican dirty politics (reason I asked if anyone voted locally)
and my taste for the republican side became bitter. Then the 2 wars really did me in.

However, I actually consider myself a conservative Democrat.

(05-02-2018, 06:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...and Bill. 75

I loved Clinton! No matter what anyone says, we were all eating gravy when he was President.