Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MEMORIAL DAY

Do y'all have plans to party, have a cookout, maybe see a parade? What are your plans?

I have no plan and I'm sorta glad. It's supposed to rain and I still haven't got the pool open. *sigh*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-24-2018, 04:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do y'all have plans to party, have a cookout, maybe see a parade? What are your plans?

I have no plan and I'm sorta glad. It's supposed to rain and I still haven't got the pool open. *sigh*
I have an old friend who got a purple heart (with a 5 star cluster) in Viet Nam. I get him drunk and feed him every memorial day. Asked him once if I could see the medal. He broke down and cried. Said he threw it away when he went AWOL in Japan while he was healing from his wounds sustained (according to his mother) when they were ambushed. My friend and 4 other soldiers made it out alive and he pulled the other 4 to cover with a gut full of shrapnel.
^^^^ Those guys are the ones this "Holiday" are for
No plans, might fire up the smoker
Poker night with the guys and whatever else on Saturday, Music Bingo at Artisanal Brewery or Common Roots Brewery Block Party on Sunday, Parade on Monday, and maybe some overdue apartment cleaning in between.
That sounds nice Blindgreed
Smoker sounds great six!
I would love to be a fly on the wall or shoulder with Clang, heck, I would just be a human and hang out with him for a night or more!
Duchess, I hope your weekend is relaxing and everything you want it to be!

I found out there is a parade in town tonight. I will go to that.
I have a friend visiting, so I am stocked up on food and goodies and we will probably do some hiking or hopefully jump in the lake somewhere.

And then on Monday I plan on doing more unpacking and rearranging.
(05-24-2018, 09:02 PM)Love Child Wrote: I would love to be a fly on the wall or shoulder with Clang, heck, I would just be a human and hang out with him for a night or more!

Thanks LC!Blowing-kisses

Its not all glamorous and exciting living. Tomorrow is my Dad's 82nd birthday. He wants to Applebee's to Go for his birthday dinner. So I'm buying that after work and letting him watch whatever he wants on the living room TV while we eat.

I was hoping to get him out to a restaurant for birthday but he's worried about having an accident in his pants or falling down and embarrassing himself.
Love Child's fondest wish fulfilled on your Dad's birthday.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Of all the pictures on the internet I think that one is the most gag worthy. Now I don't even want to think of hamburger. But my son is in the parade this year, that should be a gas.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-24-2018, 11:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: He wants to Applebee's to Go for his birthday dinner. So I'm buying that after work and letting him watch whatever he wants on the living room TV while we eat.

Well that's mighty kind of you to let him out of the basement to eat and watch an episode of Gunsmoke.

It's going to be a "wet one" here, so no BBQing!76
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(05-25-2018, 11:42 PM)sally Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 11:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: He wants to Applebee's to Go for his birthday dinner. So I'm buying that after work and letting him watch whatever he wants on the living room TV while we eat.

Well that's mighty kind of you to let him out of the basement to eat and watch an episode of Gunsmoke.

Golden Girls. Dad likes watching Golden Girls. And its not a basement. Its a first floor rear apartment.
Three bedrooms?
My mom liked watching Golden Girls. I even like watching it sometimes.
“Now this is what I’d call a target-rich environment.”

“You live your life between your legs, Mav.”

I loved the Golden Girls! They always made me laugh, always. I remember Blanche telling them all that after a certain age you shouldn't have sex on top because when you lean over, your face sags.

Mock's birthday is on Memorial Day this year. She turns 10 yrs. old.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-26-2018, 03:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Mock's birthday is on Memorial Day this year. She turns 10 yrs. old.

An early Happy Birthday Mock, congrats Ms D! Well done!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(05-26-2018, 12:52 PM)BigMark Wrote: Three bedrooms?

Yes.
(05-26-2018, 12:52 PM)sally Wrote: My mom liked watching Golden Girls. I even like watching it sometimes.

I liked watching Gilmore Girls and Designing Women.

Bea Arthur sang pretty good in the Star Wars Holiday Special though.
(05-26-2018, 03:23 PM)Duchess Wrote: Mock's birthday is on Memorial Day this year. She turns 10 yrs. old.

Congrats, D.

I'm glad to be a part of Mock for at least 6 of those years.
Happy Birthday Mock.