Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

trump's lies are escalating and materials seized from Michael Cohen are about to be put into the hands of prosecutors.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
45846688jerry
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: 0ca5b0cb4f463d015456c7726c24ade4.jpg]
It's Obama's fault. Blowing-kisses
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Well, the good economy report is. We will be getting the fallout from Creamiscle boy in the coming days.

Hope Jeff Sessions spruced up his private prisons. Gonna need room.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
The U.S. had more job openings this spring than unemployed Americans.

For the first time since such record-keeping began in 2000, the number of available positions exceeded the number of job seekers, the Labor Department said Tuesday, a shift that is rippling across the economy and affecting the behavior of employers and workers.

U.S. job openings rose to a seasonally adjusted 6.7 million at the end of April, a record high, and more than the 6.3 million Americans who were unemployed during the month. Openings had exceeded the available labor pool beginning in March, according to revised figures released Tuesday.
The May jobs report was definitely a very good one.

For seven straight years, the unemployment rate in the U.S. has been declining.

[Image: 800x-1.png]

I give Trump credit for not doing anything to upset the positive trend and for the slight boost to wage growth during his time in office. I really hope the growth in wages increases to a healthy number.

And, hopefully, Trump's new tariffs won't negatively impact future job reports.
This piece of presidential news made me think of pappy.

I kinda miss pappy. Too bad we weren't pious enough for him to stick around. Maybe he'll turn out to be one of those tolerant and forgiving theists and resurrect his presence here. I hope so.

Anyway, I was unable to find his comment..........but earlier this year pappy posted that it won't be lies, or corruption, or collusion/conspiracy that brings Trump down. Paps believed it would be Trump's problems with women, specifically in relation to one of his harassment accusers, Summer Zervos.

Trump called all his accusers 'liars' and Zervos filed a defamation suit. Trump tried to get the case thrown out and the judge denied the request. Then, he tried to have the case postponed until after his presidency, and the judge denied the request. Then he tried to be immune from giving sworn deposition (testimony) in the case, and today that request was also denied. There was no legal or constitutional basis for the judge to grant Trump's requests.

So, sometime before January 2019, President Trump will be deposed, which could last up to 7 hours. Now, Trump and his attorney are trying to limit the scope of the questions asked.

Zervos is represented by Gloria Allred, who has subpoened docs and items, including any and all unaired Apprentice tape wherein Trump is overheard speaking sexually about Zervos or other contestants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-case.html
I just took a look at Summer.

Semi- good looking (to quote of my favorite Van Halen lines) with bolt-ons.

His Playboy women were more attractive if you ask me.

Just for the record, because I don’t normally care about this stuff, what did he allegedly do to harass her?
(06-05-2018, 08:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, sometime before January 2019, President Trump will be deposed, which could last up to 7 hours. Now, Trump and his attorney are trying to limit the scope of the questions asked.

Zervos is represented by Gloria Allred
[Image: 9cc9b0f9646e60a0cae3f0961d6bf7d6.gif]http://picasion.com/
[Image: 0ca5b0cb4f463d015456c7726c24ade4.jpg]

trump has pardoned Alice Johnson who was serving a life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense. Thank you.
(06-06-2018, 12:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

trump has pardoned Alice Johnson who was serving a life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense. Thank you.

It’s about time.

(To quote a favorite Happy Gilmore line of mine).

Now I don't know if her sentence was commuted or if she was pardoned. I'm reading two different things and thought I should clarify in case others read differently.
(06-05-2018, 09:26 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Just for the record, because I don’t normally care about this stuff, what did he allegedly do to harass her?

She said he invited her for a business meeting at a hotel. He kept trying to kiss her and groping her breasts, despite her protests.

Here's her account.

I don't find sexual harassment funny in any way. But, her impression of Trump saying "get real......." makes me laugh.
More Republican lawmakers are starting to carry out their responsibilities to check the Executive, BUT only Republicans who have already announced they're not running for re-election.

Hopefully, after the midterm elections in November when other Republican congresspersons won't have to fear being undermined by President Trump in their re-election bids, more of them will start doing their jobs.

Here's what's happening:

Trade/Tariffs:
Tennessee Senator Bob Corker introduced a bipartisan bill today that would give Congress new authority to check the president’s trade moves, going forward with the legislation despite a personal appeal from President Trump to back off. Corker’s bill would require congressional approval when the president enacts tariffs under the auspices of national security, as Trump did last week in imposing levies on aluminum and steel imports from Canada, Mexico and the European Union. The legislation is the most forceful congressional response to date to Trump’s protectionist trade agenda. For the first time, at least some Republicans are uniting behind a concrete plan to force the president to change course on trade, after months of pleas and appeals achieved little.

The development comes as Trump prepares to travel to Quebec for a meeting of the Group of Seven nations, a gathering expected to include confrontations between Trump and foreign leaders — including close U.S. allies and major trading partners — over the president’s tariffs and other policies. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/busi...eeb7554207

Trump's Conspiracy Theories to Discredit Russia Investigation:
Last week, former prosecutor Trey Gowdy, one of few Congresspersons to see the confidential information, stated that he saw nothing to support Trump's "spygate" rhetoric.

Gowdy stated that U.S. government counter-intelligence (then under the Obama adminstration) did exactly what American citizens should want them to do when there was credible information that Russian operatives were attempting to work the Trump campaign in order to sway the U.S. presidential election.

Today, House Speaker Paul Ryan was asked about Gowdy's statement, for which Gowdy was criticized roundly by Trump's strongest congressional supporters. Ryan said that, based on all he's seen, there is nothing to contradict Gowdy's assessment. https://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-ryan-l...1528304716
Summer just came out with a fragrance. Stale beer, cucumber and vinegar with a hint of desperation.

Prepare to die.

trump on his preparation for upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un: "I think I'm very well prepared. I don’t think I have to prepare very much. It’s about attitude.”
(06-07-2018, 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Prepare to die.

trump on his preparation for upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un: "I think I'm very well prepared. I don’t think I have to prepare very much. It’s about attitude.”
(06-06-2018, 12:58 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 12:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It’s about time.

(To quote a favorite Happy Gilmore line of mine).

She was caught trafficking 7 kilos of cocaine. She surely doesn't care much about the harm she was causing. I hope she doesn't go back to her old ways.
(06-07-2018, 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Prepare to die.

We can all trust President Clouseau has everything under control.