Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
(06-22-2018, 01:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: Then why all the hatred towards them? These illegals are getting tents, beds, food quite a few perks for coming over the border illegally yet within our borders there are quite a few homeless that are citizens that do not get even that chance. It just blows my mind how giving all the crazies are towards illegals yet turn a blind eye to citizens within our own borders. and you have to admit that Republicans, Trump and his supporters get the bums rush most of the time. Targets for any aggression that comes out daily from the left. There is nothing absolutely nothing Trump could do that is good in the eyes of anyone that voted for Clinton. It gets old and cold.
And many of those folks are veterans who fought in foreign wars under the American flag. Cry me a river for Jose Valenzuela who got separated from his kids because he broke the law and entered this country illegally and then fled without an address or number he can be reached at, shit on the guy who fought for your right to cry that river. Fucking amazing world we live in.

No one has been defending adults the past few pages, we've been talking about the children who are taken from their parents who have come here seeking asylum. I support them and their quest for safety, if I could take a family I would. The United States government are taking their kids and spreading them out across America, some of those children will never find their way back to their parents. It's appalling, it's a national disgrace.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-28-2018, 10:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:

No one has been defending adults the past few pages, we've been talking about the children who are taken from their parents who have come here seeking asylum. I support them and their quest for safety, if I could take a family I would. The United States government are taking their kids and spreading them out across America, some of those children will never find their way back to their parents. It's appalling, it's a national disgrace.
Would you also volunteer to take in the family of a citizen who is incarcerated and has been separated from his family and is no longer capable of supporting? Just curious? Doesn't seem like there should be discrimination based on what country you hail from.
(06-28-2018, 10:51 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Would you also volunteer to take in the family of a citizen who is incarcerated and has been separated from his family and is no longer capable of supporting? Just curious? Doesn't seem like there should be discrimination based on what country you hail from.

Huh. Those are two entirely different circumstances, they have nothing in common.
(06-28-2018, 11:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:51 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Would you also volunteer to take in the family of a citizen who is incarcerated and has been separated from his family and is no longer capable of supporting? Just curious? Doesn't seem like there should be discrimination based on what country you hail from.

Huh. Those are two entirely different circumstances, they have nothing in common.
Really? I'm done here.
(06-28-2018, 11:31 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Really? I'm done here.

Yes, really. One set of circumstances is a family fleeing violence, there are no opportunities to make a life for themselves, they fear for their lives and all they want is what we want, our own version of the dream,
the other set of circumstances are a family living in America who have the opportunity to build a life for themselves, they had opportunities and apparently squandered them in lieu of doing a crime. Do you disagree in how I interpreted your post?

Did BG just say he's done with Mock? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
That's what it sounded like, seems like an odd thing to get pissed off about.

Also another difference is when a US citizen is incarcerated the children either go to a family member or foster care. I've never heard of DCF losing people's kids.
(06-28-2018, 11:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 11:31 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Really? I'm done here.

Yes, really. One set of circumstances is a family fleeing violence, there are no opportunities to make a life for themselves, they fear for their lives and all they want is what we want, our own version of the dream,
the other set of circumstances are a family living in America who have the opportunity to build a life for themselves, they had opportunities and apparently squandered them in lieu of doing a crime. Do you disagree in how I interpreted your post?

85% do not fit the asylum qualifications. Fleeing violence may be an excuse that is used but coming to America to get medical help, housing and food would be reason enough to head north. America is a magnet for people in need of social services.

BG is done with this thread and I can understand that. Illegal is Illegal. We have ports of entry and when they are not used it is a crime. It is also a crime to subject children to unwarranted neglect by subjecting them to such hardship. Children are taken from citizens for the same crime every day in the U.S.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Oh, he's done with the thread. I thought he meant the whole forum hah.

Looking for free medical care, food and housing because you're poor as dirt is not a reason to take someone's children away and lose them. Citizens do the same thing everyday and their kids aren't taken away never to be seen again.
(06-28-2018, 02:39 PM)sally Wrote: Citizens do the same thing everyday and their kids aren't taken away never to be seen again.

IDK I have seen children taken away for being malnourished, dirty living in squalor because of their parents and many of these kids fit that criteria because of their parents. Taking them away and sending them to different parts of the U.S. is stupid. Although I can see that a certain percentage of them may not even be related to the adult they came with. Not sure if the ones that get shipped off fall into that category or not and stop short of judging the reasons why when nobody has that info because they are minors.
I would imagine that the parents that are very concerned about their children would be quite a bit more vocal on their whereabouts and I'm fairly confident that the ones that get shipped out are not in this category.

Not many numbers available either on this before using a broad brush to just say "all of them" It has to have been happening for quite a while. Possibly years.
(06-28-2018, 01:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: 85% do not fit the asylum qualifications. Fleeing violence may be an excuse that is used but coming to America to get medical help, housing and food would be reason enough to head north. America is a magnet for people in need of social services.

BG is done with this thread and I can understand that. Illegal is Illegal. We have ports of entry and when they are not used it is a crime. It is also a crime to subject children to unwarranted neglect by subjecting them to such hardship. Children are taken from citizens for the same crime every day in the U.S.

I went to a presentation where some who had been at the border explained things a little better. I know it has been talked about-but it helped me understand. Especially when they used personal stories-

Such as a lady who had a business and was being threatened if she didn't start selling drugs for the gangs.
Or another family whose 9 year old son was threatened if he didn't join the gang-because he was tall for his age.
Some of these come up to the point of entry and are denied. Denied repeatedly, or just told things like, "Sorry, we aren't taking Hondurans today"
So they wait on this bridge that is hot, they have no shade, no resources, so yeah, then they decide to cross the river or enter illegally and suffer the consequences that they may or may not know about. Some have already left some children behind and have probably only brought the youngest ones.

What I don't clearly understand is why Mexico isn't being able to help these people-and apparently it is just as bad there, so staying there isn't an option.

Yes illegal is illegal-but doing what was done to these people can't be legall. And just saying things like, "Well it is the Dem's fault, or Obama started it, or Well, they didn't solve it either" IS NOT A SOLUTION. FFS.

Sorry I haven't visited your solution thread Maggot.

I heard there was a program in place-that was succesful-and it ended. I will get the program name. The governement was reporting that people did not show up to their hearings and that was false. These people are not the criminals they are made out to be.
(06-28-2018, 04:09 PM)Maggot Wrote: IDK I have seen children taken away for being malnourished, dirty living in squalor because of their parents and many of these kids fit that criteria because of their parents.

What? That's why they're coming here, to escape that and have a better life for their kids because they have no other choice but to live that way if they stay in Mexico. US citizens on the other hand have no excuse to live that way.
The ones that come through the borders at a point of entry are not getting separated. The ones that come swimming across a canal after being dropped off by a human smuggler are not getting treated the same in this I agree. Where does the line get drawn? Is there even a line and where does it begin and end? There is Chaos and there is a system. What if any legislation could cure such a thing? At least if there was a wall they would follow it to a door. And that door would become the place where they would go. It would not be a hodgepodge of humans, infants old people. At least it would be an organized mess.

Solutions are hard, just bitching is easy.
Coming through at a point of entry isn't easy or cheap, Maggot. If it was they'd obviously go that route. Deport their fat, tortilla eating asses right back along with their kids. We cant help the world, if that were the case then children wouldn't be dying of thirst in Ethiopia. But don't take their kids and ship them off to god knows where.
I kinda agree with you and if all the yahoo's really cared about them there would be places for them to cross every 518 miles or so. Doors with proper facilities to process them. They would go to those doors knowing there were no other places to cross guaranteed.
When a person flies to this country the barrier is air and miles, people are processed through the airport gates in an organized fashion. When people come by ship they go through a port of entry at a dock. The barrier is water. When people come through the Northern border they do not come in en-mass from any countries at the north pole. Canada is the only place and the barrier is ice.
The southern border is different there is a large expanse of land that is easily traversed at many places along the border. This is not the border of 100 yrs ago.

Again if people really cared a wall would be built with points of entry that had the proper facilities to process border crossings. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than letting people in to enjoy the social service benefits we have, a lot cheaper. Certainly it would solve quite a few problems from smuggling to welfare fraud. hell all the able bodied men could help build it for a paycheck and maybe something productive could actually come out of it, and little towns along the border could spring up with at least some type of law abiding principles.
Also as far as I know, undocumented immigrants cannot get Medicaid, food stamps or housing. Why do people keep saying they get government handouts? Is there something I don't know about? Sure they can go to the ER, but that's a basic right for everyone in this country whether they're citizens or not.
(06-28-2018, 10:08 PM)sally Wrote: Also as far as I know, undocumented immigrants cannot get Medicaid, food stamps or housing. Why do people keep saying they get government handouts? Is there something I don't know about? Sure they can go to the ER, but that's a basic right for everyone in this country whether they're citizens or not.

They go to school they drive buses they get licenses............you haven't been reading the news. How the heck do you think they live when they get here. Somebody pays for it. You see plenty of illegal immigrants in the U.S. Where do they get money? Think a bit on that one.

Either way there needs to be an organized process when they do come in or chaos.
I don't read or listen to the news, it tends to drive people mad. I like my little life just fine knowing nothing about anything except for a bunch of useless shit I've read throughout the years which makes me really good at trivia games.
When my husband watches the news on TV or on his phone in the morning I just want to slap him across his fat face. Then he tries to talk to me about it which I usually disagree with anything he says because he's somewhat of a Trump supporter. I just wish he'd stick Donald Trump up his fat ass and get the hell out of my house.

Plus he farts his ass off. I would think being an immigrant himself and as many porta potties he's shared with the Hispanics he'd be more understanding.