Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Missing Jessica Heeringa, Norton Shores, Mich
I'm putting up sketch of a man the Police in Norton Shores, Michigan are looking for in connection to the abduction of Jessica Heeringa. Jessica worked at a Exxon Gas Station which had no Cameras, totally unbelievable nowadays. A customer stopped and found no clerk, her purse was on the counter with $400 and all the money still in the cash drawer, this good person called 911. You can read the rest of the story at the bottom after I post up the sketch and a photograph of Jessica Heeringa, of course if anyone recognizes this fellow they should contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463)

[Image: ap_gas_station_abduction-x-large.jpg]

[Image: 12652711-large.jpg]

[Image: heeringa-photojpg-f80f35e38ad192e7.jpg]

No surveillance cameras complicates abduction case Detroit Free Press story
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2125671

Missing person Jessica Heeringa: glimpse of passing van on video could help police in alleged abduction case Mlive.com story
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index...a_rem.html
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Thank you for posting this story, NightOwl.

The article indicates that Jessica has a 3 year old son, a fiancee (who is the boy's father and with whom they live), and she also seems close to her mother. I hope Jessica is okay.

She may have pulled a staged runner, imo. Sure hope so; if she was taken against her will, the outlook is bleak.

Whatever happened, hoping that Jessica is located alive and well soon.
Strange. They think it might be someone she knew but they "might" have found blood in front of the store. Lots of unanswered questions. I hope she's found alive.
Commando Cunt Queen

I first saw this story the other day. Jessica is a tiny little thing, it would have been very easy for a man to snatch her up & throw her into a vehicle and I know they are looking for a van that was seen on another business' cam.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-01-2013, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I first saw this story the other day. Jessica is a tiny little thing, it would have been very easy for a man to snatch her up & throw her into a vehicle and I know they are looking for a van that was seen on another business' cam.

You're right Duchess, it wouldn't take much to get Jessica in the Van. Reports are saying it's a Silver mini Van possibly a Chrysler town and country.

He's 30 to 40 around 6 Ft tall with wavy blonde hair, you would think someone would recognize him and Silver van but, nothing yet.

I do know it gets kind of remote up there on US31 and just this lone Exxon Station like that very eerie late at night. US31 stretches up to Traverse City MI and down to South Bend, Indiana this creep could be anywhere.

Shitstorm lives up around Grand Rapids, MI she probably knows about it
thought she'd come on Mock.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
No license plate or ID of the guy from anyone at the tavern, NightOwl?

Get the sense that LE still believes that the man is someone known to Jessica.

From the OP article:
According to a police report, the people questioned were identified as Heeringa's fiancé, a man identified as a boyfriend and a third as a regular customer. The fourth person was not identified. A person in law enforcement familiar with the investigation said all were released after questioning, polygraphs and alibi checks.

If Jessica was abducted, I'm wondering if it was instead a stranger in town and this was a crime of opportunity.
(05-01-2013, 04:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: No license plate or ID of the guy from anyone at the tavern, NightOwl?

Get the sense that LE still believes that the man is someone known to Jessica.

From the OP article:
According to a police report, the people questioned were identified as Heeringa's fiancé, a man identified as a boyfriend and a third as a regular customer. The fourth person was not identified. A person in law enforcement familiar with the investigation said all were released after questioning, polygraphs and alibi checks.

If Jessica was abducted, I'm wondering if it was instead a stranger in town and this was a crime of opportunity.

I don't have any information on him being at the Tavern.

My notion is Jessica probably knew him as a customer off and on, with no camera in the shop or outside the shop we can only guess if he popped in now and then, he's brawny looking say she thinks he's OK, nothing to worry about. He could live 2 or three exits North of there or South, he travels a route say for work.

He had to gag her and tie her up to get her in the van. IMO

It's a sad deal, I hope they find her alive.
Henry David Thoreau
From the Detroit Free Press May 1st 2013.

Tips are pouring in check out in article below at link also a new video has been put up. They think the vehicle is silver or grey.

A spokesman for Exxon Mobil Corp. said Wednesday that the company will be contributing $15,000 to a reward fund for Heeringa, along with the Exxon- and Mobil-branded distributors in Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130501/NE...ton-shores
Henry David Thoreau
(05-01-2013, 06:07 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I don't have any information on him being at the Tavern.

My notion is Jessica probably knew him as a customer off and on, with no camera in the shop or outside the shop we can only guess if he popped in now and then, he's brawny looking say she thinks he's OK, nothing to worry about. He could live 2 or three exits North of there or South, he travels a route say for work.

He had to gag her and tie her up to get her in the van. IMO

It's a sad deal, I hope they find her alive.

Sorry, NightOwl, I misunderstood an earlier article. The tavern's surveillance cam that captured the van was apparently pointed at the road outside as the van went by.

From yesterday:
The video is blurry, the van is only seen for a few seconds, and neither a driver nor license plate can be seen.

"I wish I had the technology like you see on TV where you could blow it up and I could see the driver inside. But that doesn't exist for me," Shaw told WOOD. But it is something.

"It does give us some hope that we've got some accurate information out there to work with," he told the station.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/justice/mi...index.html

Hopefully the reward will lead to some more tips.
Thanks! for the CNN report above, it's amazing how fast the story has spread even the UK Daily Mail has Jessica's story. It has to be unbearable for her mother that clock is ticking, Oh I just don't know, I feel so sorry.

HairOfTheDog, the Tavern Picture was such poor quality but, it is in the vicinity. Right now the story I have is a man heard a gun shot & spotted a similar van at a State Park. I do know you need a permit to enter any State Park in Michigan.

This from FOX17 NORTON SHORES, Mich. – The search for Jessica Heeringa is onto its’ sixth day and still no sign of the missing mom.

The Norton Shores Police Department questioned a possible suspect on Wednesday and released him around midnight. The man has not yet been cleared.

Police questioned the suspect offsite on Thursday and searched the mans silver minivan, along with an upcoming polygraph test. They hope to perform the test sometime Thursday afternoon.

Michigan State Police now have K-9 units, a helicopter search, and rescue teams in Hoffmaster State Park investigating the possible gunshots heard at the park and a minivan that was found that might be related to the Heeringa case.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/02/the-la...z2SBDiUFY2
Henry David Thoreau
8 days and no sign of Jessica.

I think it's still a possibility that Jessica left with someone willingly and set the stage to look like an abduction. However, leaving behind $400 in her purse and the cash in the register makes that possibility much slimmer, in my mind.

-The suspect questioned in NightOwl's update (above post) seems to have been cleared or at least released.

-Jessica's mom has a sense that she's still very local and alive.

-Imo, if Jessica was abducted, it doesn't look good. Hard to keep an adult, especially one with so many distinguishing tattoos, from being recognized if she's still local and alive. Hard to completely hide an adult anywhere unless she's dead or there's some kind of bondag/complete isolation involved - painful to imagine.

-I don't know if the man in the silver van or the gunshots in the park have anything to do with Jessica's disappearance, but police are still working on possible connections.

NightOwl: was there any indication that LE had officially ruled out the fiancee? I have no reason to suspect him, other than it's often the spouse when an adult goes missing or is killed. Do you know if LE has announced that they've verified an alibi and/or checked his vehicle etc... I didn't see anything, but could have missed it. Thanks.

P.s. This is a great link for article and tweet updates covering this case; well organized.

http://fox17online.com/news/stories/miss...z2SR5J6uyR
HairOfTheDog, thanks for your report above and yes Fox 17 does a good job .
As far as I know the fiancee has been cleared, I read no reports on him he apparently has their little son, he works at a Texas RoadHouse restaurant.

The following is from Wood TV8.com

NS Chief: Secret Service investigating
Norton Shores Police working around the clock

Updated: Sunday, 05 May 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Published : Saturday, 04 May 2013, 11:44 PM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - As the search for Jessica Heeringa continues, Norton Shores Police Chief, Daniel Shaw, tells us United States Secret Service Agents and detectives with the Ottawa County Sheriff's department have been called in to help find the 25-year-old woman. The additional investigators plan to be in Norton Shores helping with the case for as long as possible.

The additional investigators haven't changed the way employees at the Norton Shores Police Department are handling the case. Chief Shaw says, "We haven' reduced the number of investigators we have it's just different people in different roles."

Chief Shaw told 24 Hour News 8, that they interviewed 14 people of interest on Saturday. "we're not telling you how many people we've talked to, we're not telling you what address they live or how many cars we've stopped or that type of thing."

HairOfTheDog, got any thoughts on Secret Service involvement?
Henry David Thoreau
NightOwl, I think that part of the Secret Service's agenda includes certain types of missing person cases.

I remember that they were initially involved in Hailey Dunn's case and a couple of others, possibly Breann Rogriguez's.

I'll do a little research later as to when a MP case warrants their involvement. I'm curious too.
(05-05-2013, 08:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: NightOwl, I think that part of the Secret Service's agenda includes certain types of missing person cases.

I remember that they were initially involved in Hailey Dunn's case and a couple of others, possibly Breaan Rogriguez's.

I'll do a little research later as to when a MP case warrants their involvement. I'm curious too.

Thanks!

A little bit more from Find Jessica Heeringa facebook page, they are ranting on about the Gas Station Owner how he has a strong resemblance, to the fellow in the sketch. The Police polygraphed him he was cleared? I'd like to know what he drives, anyway he isn't show too much sympathy for Jessica the News Media Trucks parked there and did interviews there, Jessica's family met there along with others wishing to distribute flyers of Jessica, now he has gotten a bit hostile and chased everyone away. Apparently his wife died in a car crash along with their unborn child in 2006, he is 46 & he seems to be single. He resides kind of rural back of the road at Grand Haven about 24 mins south of the Exxon Station. Someone put a link up on the above facebook page, whereupon you can see him with the blonde parted hair, here is a link:- http://www.lifestorynet.com/memoryfolder...8file3.pdf

According to posters on fb he has hired another pretty young girl.

What is really bizzare is Craigslist I googled his name and up came something on rants about him here it is:-
"FC (owner-exxon)
FACT: F HIRES CUTE YOUNG WOMEN CUZ HE TRIES TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM. SPECULATION::::::: SCENERIO, F WAS HITTING ON AND FLIRTING WITH JESSICA. HE TOOK IT A LITTLE TO FAR. SHE DECIDES TO TURN HIM. SINCE HES DONE IT TO OTHER WOMEN HE DECIDES TO KIDNAP HER, OR HIRE SOMEONE TO KIDNAP HER..------------- FACT, THE POLICE SHOULD DIG INTO HIS BACKGROUND. HE DOES LOOK AN AWFUL LOT LIKE THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE KIDNAPPER. WHY ELSE WOULD HE BE SUCH AN ASSHOLE TO EVERYONE TRYING TO HELP FIND JESSICA??? WHAT IS THIS PERVERT TRYING TO HIDE? I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE, AND THOSE OF YOU THAT STILL DO..........I HOPE YOUR GOD FORGIVES YOUR IGNORANCE."

I edited out the full name.

P.S. I'd like to know if the gas station ladies room is inside or outside?
I don't trust this guy, let's hope the Police checked for hidden cameras.
Henry David Thoreau
I imagine LE is all over the station owner; seems they've probably cleared him by now, but he may be just one of many potential known suspects, and then there's always the chance of stranger abduction. Big job.

I read up on the Secret Service's mission when it comes to criminal investigations that don't focus on governmental issues, fraud, or identity theft.

If I had to guess, I'd say their role in Jessica's case probably entails polygraphing and lie detection services (they're top notch) and/or assisting to enhance existing images and uncover/retrieve new visual imaging related to the case. There, too, their technologies are amongst the most sophisticated.

We know, unfortunately, the gas station where Jessica worked had no known cameras. The nearby tavern had surveillance pointed at the road, which captured the silver van and the man inside, but it was very grainy and no license plate could be recovered from the pics. Maybe the SS can get more from the existing images and help extract others from cameras that are currently unknown to local investigators.

Just speculation...

Ref:
http://www.secretservice.gov/forensics.shtml
LE still believes that Jessica was taken by someone known to her and is now investigating a new tip.

Police are searching Harbor Island in Grand Haven as they try to locate Jessica Heeringa. The search – stemming from an anonymous tip – was confirmed this morning on the Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw’s Twitter feed. He asked people to stay clear of the search area.

Michigan State Police investigators, with K-9 units, are searching an area near the power plant, WZZM-TV in Grand Rapids reported. The island is a little more than 6 miles south from where Heeringa went missing.

...police have been working to track down the driver of a silver or gray minivan seen near the area around the time she disappeared. Last week, police released two pieces of surveillance video from area businesses of the van.

Analysts are also using cell phone data to try and draw connections from the data and determine whether there are any common links between people who know Jessica.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130507/NE...mom-search
Taken from Wood 8 TV Michigan. The Police have been searching Grand Haven Harbor. Apparently a tip received at "Silent Observer". Upon checking sex offender data one of them works in the Harbor region his employment is listed and home address is listed just north of the Coin Zone. If you check the map he may take 31N home & possibly get off at Sternberg Road Exit near the Exxon Station to get on Grand Haven road, because there is no exit ramp on 31 North close to his home address. I'm sure they are checking him out or he has already been checked. It's awfully creepy!

Heeringa tip leads cops to Grand Haven
25-year-old woman disappeared April 26

Updated: Tuesday, 07 May 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 07 May 2013, 10:14 AM EDT

By Ken Kolker
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (WOOD) - Authorities spent a few hours Tuesday morning searching Harbor Island in Grand Haven after receiving an anonymous and "vague" Silent Observer tip regarding the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa.

Members of the Norton Shores Police Department and a Michigan State Police K-9 unit investigated this newest tip, Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw told 24 Hour News 8.

Authorities searched along the Grand River and fence lines, and in ditches and woods, but found no clues near the power plant in Ottawa County.

Heeringa, 25, was allegedly kidnapped the night of April 26 while working at the Exxon Mobil gas station on Sternberg Road in her hometown of Norton Shores in Muskegon County.

Chief Shaw said he wasn't sure what led the tipster to call and didn't know if perhaps it came from a psychic. Shaw said investigators have received a few calls from psychics throughout the case.

If you have any information about Heeringa's disappearance, call Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (27463), 911 or the Norton Shores Police Department at 231.733.2691.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/mus...eringa-tip
Henry David Thoreau
Wish today's search had at least rendered some clues.

LE has received over 2,000 tips so far.

LE is unable to perform a ground search because they don't have enough information to pinpoint an area.

Shaw reiterated today that they are still convinced that Jessica was taken by someone known to her because there were no signs of a struggle. IDK. If a stranger had a gun and/or threatened her, especially given her size, she might have just dropped everything and gone without a struggle. LE seems pretty convinced that the large man in the van is the guy, based on two eyewitnesses.

REF:
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index...t_256.html
Update from Wood TV 8 - Woodtv.com Grand Rapids Michigan.

It sure looks like the villain used a knife to threaten Jessica.

Police: Heeringa's blood found at work
Samples taken from Exxon Mobile station

Updated: Wednesday, 08 May 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 08 May 2013, 1:18 PM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - The samples of a substance that was found outside of the Exxon Mobile gas station where Jessica Heeringa was last seen show that the substance was Heeringa's blood, police said.

Norton Shores police received the results on Wednesday afternoon from The Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory.

On May 3, police announced that they were waiting to get the results back on a the suspicious substance.

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said that only a small amount of blood was found outside the station, which is located on Sternberg Road in Norton Shores. He would not disclosed the exact location of where the sample was taken.

Shaw also said that prior to alerting the media about the test results, Heeringa's family had been notified of the development in her case.

Heeringa, 25, was last seen on April 26. While police were focusing on a silver minivan and had a sketch of a possible suspect drawn up , they had not yet named a suspect.

Police are still conducting interviews in the case. If you have a tip, please call the Norton Shores Police Department at 231.733.2691 or Silent Observer at 231.72.CRIME.

24 Hour News8 has a crew working to get the latest developments in Heeringa's case. Stay with woodtv.com for updates, and get the lastest on 24 Hour News 8 at 5.
Henry David Thoreau
I don't think this is going to end well. :(
Commando Cunt Queen