Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whats for breakfast?
Liver tastes absolutely disgusting to me, it doesn't matter how much bacon and fried onions you put on it.

My boss likes chicken livers. I used to pick her up some fresh ones from the Amish. Even if I were a meat eater I don't think I'd like something like that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't like strong tasting meat and fish like lamb or cooked salmon or liver and other animal innards, but I'll eat the hell out of raw steak carpaccio and raw fish. Even though it's raw it has a clean and delicate taste which I prefer over strong, metallic, oily or gamey.

Did anyone eat a big breakfast this morning? Tell me all about it. Sally, come and cook for me, pleeeeease.
Nothing for breakfast but I had a vegetarian wrap and green machine detox juice from the whole foods store. Now I feel all rejuvenated like super woman and I'm 200 dollars poorer because of the other crap I bought in there. That place is expensive.

I've never had a detox juice but I am interested in healthy smoothies. Do you ever make them?
Yes, hemp seeds and chia seeds are very healthy and you can add them to your smoothies in the blender along with some fresh fruit, ice and water or unsweetened almond milk. Coconut oil is very healthy too and you can add a spoonful of that also. Plain yogurt is good too, but make sure you get the plain kind and not the sweetened fruit flavored ones.

It would be nice if someone made me breakfast.
My specialty is omelets. I can make the most fantabulous ones, they even look good and not all messed up.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I do a pretty good omelette too based on my time as a prep cook/ line cook at Village Inn. Them and my pancakes come out pretty.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
My friends say I'm wrong: order a plain omelet. Should it come with cheese?
(I say, no.)
(06-26-2016, 11:29 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: My friends say I'm wrong: order a plain omelet. Should it come with cheese?
(I say, no.)

I'd have to know how it went down before commenting. Was it anything like this?

OBK: I want plain omelet (In a Russian voice)

Waitress: Do you mean nothing at all, no cheese? ( in new jersey accent)

OBK: Yes you stupid cunt I mean no cheese (In Russian accent)
Well, it's a local dive bar that serves a decent breakfast. I later came to learn 'decent' is translated as, "cheap".
I was schooled in so much a plain omelet is just scrambled eggs.

I ordered one and it arrived with jack cheese. The assumption was I didn't
want chili or a number of added ingredients this place is known for- thus it is 'plain' (the cheese just kind of holds it all together, I suppose).

I can't complain- the guy next to me ordered a fruit plate and it included cucumbers.
Kinda depends on where you are I guess, but you don't HAVE to have cheese to hold it together if you cook it carefully. I personally would say plain =no cheese, but then I've been to joints where plain biscuit meant only gravy on it, etc.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Put cheese in my omelet, some mushrooms too.
I prefer the traditional Denver with cheese, tomatoes, peppers, ham,onions, and I will go with other veggies as desired. I like a loaded omelette.
(06-27-2016, 09:52 AM)Donovan Wrote: I prefer the traditional Denver with cheese, tomatoes, peppers, ham,onions, and I will go with other veggies as desired. I like a loaded omelette.

Yet without cucumbers, right?

They are good with salsa too.
Sometimes I go to the country club for breakfast and get the veggie omelet with salsa. They somehow make it very fluffy, I don't know how they get it to puff up like that. Mine are always flat.

They let you in there with your flip flops?

I've heard it said that air is what adds the fluff, maybe if you whipped them in a blender it would help, I've also heard to add a bit of water to your frothy mixture.

I'm giving Sally cooking tips. Heh.