Tornadoes
(05-22-2013, 11:05 AM)Donovan Wrote: As I said, there are frequent drills and procedures for tornado safety but 1) this was one big motherfucker that no amount of hiding under the desk will protect you from, and 2) this is America where poor and non-caucasian people are more or less expendable. Hell, we convinced an entire generation that "duck and cover" would protect them from nuclear bombs, and now we are busy convincing them that GMO food is good but universal free health care is bad. We're pretty fucked up in our heads over here.

We had similar public information films during the height of the cold war in the UK as well. The almost iconic “when you hear the air attack warning you and your family must take cover”. It didn't offer much more than telling you to cover your windows with duct tape and pray you weren't too close to one of the Soviet targets.

I've never understood the vociferous resistance some Americans seem to have against universal health care though that's always baffled me.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-22-2013, 11:39 AM)username Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 11:35 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: If a school is located in tornado alley surely a safe place for the pupils and teachers to hide in the event of a tornado should be mandatory?

I heard you the first time!!!

hah
Nobody that works for a living wants to pay for some lazy slob that does not, and that does not include the people who are "really" disabled. Immigrants, freeloaders,welfare sluts, and alcoholics all get on the dole, workers that etch their living really working get pissed when some idiot drives a nice car and has 10 kids but does not have a job. They are the ones the government is really trying to get off their payroll and make the working people resposible for them. Insurance is a bandaid not a cure.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-22-2013, 12:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: Nobody that works for a living wants to pay for some lazy slob that does not, and that does not include the people who are "really" disabled. Immigrants, freeloaders,welfare sluts, and alcoholics all get on the dole, workers that etch their living really working get pissed when some idiot drives a nice car and has 10 kids but does not have a job. They are the ones the government is really trying to get off their payroll and make the working people resposible for them. Insurance is a bandaid not a cure.

Are you addressing me here? Or just venting in general?

I agree that working people shouldn't pay for the welfare of alkies and druggies and morbidly obese people to continue to drink, drug and eat themselves into an early grave.

I do think universal health care is important though and like to remind people about the myth of it being free, it isn't. Well not in the UK anyway.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-22-2013, 11:39 AM)username Wrote: I heard you the first time!!!

I wasn't sure whether I had actually posted that the first time, obviously....I did!
(05-22-2013, 10:55 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: If a school is located in tornado alley surely a safe place for the pupils and teachers to hide in the event of a tornado should be mandatory?

Not if the resources aren't there (or are allocated elsewhere).

It's mind-blowing to me that a safe-zone would be eliminated from a school budget, when there's clearly a history (3 EF-4's since 1999) of violent tornadoes in Moore, OK.
Yeah I think the safety of pupils and staff is paramount the poor kids in that school that got flattened must have been absolutely petrified. Desperately grabbing onto anything they could get their hands on to anchor themselves against 200 mph winds.
(05-22-2013, 12:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Not if the resources aren't there (or are allocated elsewhere).

It's mind-blowing to me that a safe-zone would be eliminated from a school budget, when there's clearly a history (3 EF-4's since 1999) of violent tornadoes in Moore, OK.

It's only 'for the kids' if it applies to salary and benefit guarantees to the teacher and administrator unions.

Safe rooms for kids in tornado zones? Not if it impacts my raise bitchez!
Then there's always the "not MY tax dollars" assholes, usually the same ones worried about all the freeloaders and bums bla bla, who vote down any attempt to fund improving schools but who will readily agree to fund the new football stadium to replace the outdated one they built five years ago.
Quote:I've never understood the vociferous resistance some Americans seem to have against universal health care though that's always baffled me.

Price of being a greed-driven economy. Slap a smooth enough sales pitch on it these stupid fuckers will buy ANYthing. Even the refusal to reasonable health care for their own families.
(05-22-2013, 04:38 PM)Donovan Wrote:
Quote:I've never understood the vociferous resistance some Americans seem to have against universal health care though that's always baffled me.

Price of being a greed-driven economy. Slap a smooth enough sales pitch on it these stupid fuckers will buy ANYthing. Even the refusal to reasonable health care for their own families.

All I know is our premiums went way up this year and the plan benefits went down.
Commando Cunt Queen
I have seen the mess that the government can do. I really do not want to wait a month just to see a doctor. Even for a checkup.
Well, it didn't take long for those westboro fucks to chime in. I hate very few people but this group is right up there at the top of my list!!!

http://blogs.sparenot.com/

Watchers!

May 22, 2013

WBC VIDEO NEWS PRESENTATION: http://signmovies.com/?tab=news&vid=20130521OKtornado

“See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.” (Jeremiah 1:10).

These words finish the commission given to the prophet Jeremiah, preparing him to face a doomed nation of superstitious Jews. A nation of people who had abandoned the truth of God for strange gods and idols. A nation of people who were living through adumbrations of what would be their final and full destruction.

Like America and the population of the Earth, AD 2013.

As dead bodies are collected and counted in Oklahoma, just the most recent instance of God executing an earth judgment against this nation, it is instructive to examine the words of God to Jeremiah and learn what is going on here.

First, we must understand the introductory part of this blessed verse: “See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms”. God’s prophets at Westboro Baptist Church are appointed to watch over you monstrous nation of rebels against your Creator. And in the context of these strong words, it is not for your good. It is for the purpose of making some decrees — in the form of imprecatory prayers to the LORD of Hosts — to deal with you and your rebellion.

This is not unique to Jeremiah’s generation or situation. When the violent tyrant Nebuchadnezzar had destroyed Judah and taken those he had not killed into captivity, he presumed upon God’s use of him to punish Judah. He was lifted up in his heart, like this pompous nation of same-sex marriage chasing monsters. He had to be dealt with, in a very personal way. In those days, in that kingdom, there were some of God’s “watchers” who, like Jeremiah, were appointed to watch and pray imprecatory prayers against that rebel. So, when God answered those prayers by sending Nebuchadnezzar a dream to show him how he was to be removed from his throne and live as a beast in the forest for seven years, Holy Scripture instructs us that “this matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones:”

Let me simplify this for you. The prophets of God at Westboro Baptist Church were sent to this nation of rebels first to warn you that your sins were going to destroy you. God, through us, pleaded with you to repent and return to serve Him with a full heart. Every hamlet, town, city and state within this arrogant nation went after this little humble church with cruel mockings and violence, hoping to terrify us into being ashamed of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Westboro rooted out your gross sins and idolatries. We told you that the big lies – “God loves everybody” and “it’s okay to be gay” – were soul-damning lies that would be the ruin of the nation. We told you your adulteries and whoredoms had broken your moral compass and the only path of hope was to repent. You answered with more violence and passed laws to make our preaching a crime!

Westboro pulled down the idols you flocked to … showing you the gross and criminal nature of your Catholic pedophile machine; your sexually violent military brutes; your Antichrist Obama malicious globetrotter. We made you take the cup of God’s threatened retribution against you for your sins and your crimes against His servants and drink … deep! Your rage grew, and your lawless police, legislators, and judges sought our lives. Worse, you have now made same sex marriage the national agenda!

Now, the game has changed. Now it’s time to destroy! Now we have moved to what will usher in the final and full destruction of this nation. Westboro has initiated daily, nay hourly, prayers to our God to deal with every one of you hateful, raging rebels on a very personal level. It is plainly written that “the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”, and how much more so the effectual and fervent prayer of a righteous church.

We pray for your destruction. We pray for God to send tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis … whirlwinds of every form and size … to slaughter you malicious, violent americans. And when our Father answers our prayers by dropping a relentless torrent on the vile citizens of Oklahoma … we rejoice and wash our “feet in the blood of the wicked”. (Psalms 58:10) That simply means that we are fully refreshed at the very thing you find most calamitous!

You will build great monuments to those slaughtered by God. You will pass new laws to make it criminal to praise God for His works in the earth. You will codify your rebellion and make an entire industry about your full rebellion against God’s smiting hand on your cursed backs. You will have a profession of full time mourners, to deal with all the tragedy that will increasingly be heaped upon your hateful heads. As the body count rises, so will your numbers of memorials. And in it all, you will never consider your duty to simply obey your Creator and bring an end to all your horror.

Westboro will, through prayer to our great Advocate to whom “all power is given … in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18) cause your memorials and monuments to be thrown down, like is spoken by the prophet Malachi:

“Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.” (Malachi 1:4)

This nation has declared war against this little, humble church. The scriptures call it the “wars of the LORD” (Numbers 21:14). But we’re not defenseless, as you imagine. We know, as Elisha showed to the young man with him while they stared down an army: “they that be with us are more than they that be with [you].” (2 Kings 6:16) We know that we have the capacity to issue decrees … imprecatory prayers … and God faithfully fulfills His promise to deliver us and destroy you.

So, as we look upon Oklahoma … filled with the terror that only a Sovereign God can bring with His whirlwinds … we are again refreshed that He heard our prayer and showed Himself strong for his people. We say with energetic joy: “Thank God for the Oklahoma tornado, and the dead rebels, one and all!” A foreigner observed on twitter, as the news of dozens being slain in the Oklahoma tornado was breaking: “God just announced to Oklahoma that He plays for team Westboro.” Well put!

Amen.

Despicable bastards.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Damn shame it always takes a tragedy for me to see the wonderful in mankind.

Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant has given $1 million to the Red Cross in an effort to help with relief efforts as Moore, Oklahoma recovers from a devastating tornado on Monday.

Durant figures to be one of many lending a financial hand in the wake of Monday's tragedy. Los Angeles Dodgers star Matt Kemp has pledged $1,000 for every home run until the All-Star break for the victims.

In fact, Durant's pledge of $1 million was matched by both the NBA and the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-22-2013, 05:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Damn shame it always takes a tragedy for me to see the wonderful in mankind.

Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant has given $1 million to the Red Cross in an effort to help with relief efforts as Moore, Oklahoma recovers from a devastating tornado on Monday.

Durant figures to be one of many lending a financial hand in the wake of Monday's tragedy. Los Angeles Dodgers star Matt Kemp has pledged $1,000 for every home run until the All-Star break for the victims.

In fact, Durant's pledge of $1 million was matched by both the NBA and the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday.

Story

Durant went to the University of Texas, and very well could be from Oklahoma.

I've always been impressed with him as a person.

$1M is a ton of money, for just about anybody.

A very generous gift on his part.
Again. I need to research tornadoes. How do you go from hot weather to softball sized hail to tornadoes?
Commando Cunt Queen
I think I'd call it a day and move the hell away from there. At least with other kinds of storms, you get a decent amount of time to get the hell out and find decent shelter.

I just watched a show on NatGeo a few hours ago about the Joplin Tornado...I've never seen anything like it. Katrina doesn't compare.
Simply google 'super cell thunderstorms'. It'll tell you all you need to know. From how they form to how often they produce a tornado.
Say a guy had 1 million bucks and said, "lets build a shelter" because my kid goes there at any school. The money would get squandered and blown out of proportion because the system is a bit, well very much screwed up. This is why private school is always better. The have nots will always be gnawing on the wood. Looking for a handout.