Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CORN ON THE COB
If you bring the kids next time they have one of the best zoo and aquarium I've been to. At least they did before Hurricane Katrina, not sure how it is now.

I want to escape reality, just for a week. Maybe three.
(05-27-2013, 04:37 PM)sally Wrote: Clang is having lobster tail and prime rib this Memorial day, our treat. What is everyone else having?

I'm cooking ribs, greens, potato salad and homemade macaroni and cheese. Butterscotch bread pudding for dessert.

Nah, just grilled sausage, mushrooms, peppers and onions. And homemade potato salad, corn on the cob(fucking family ignored my advice and didn't grill it properly) and a store bought layer cake.
If you can eat so well on welfare why fucking bother to look for a job?

Maybe the US government shouldn't facilitate such diets? It just encourages them to sit on their fat asses and claim welfare.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-27-2013, 09:22 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: If you can eat so well on welfare why fucking bother to look for a job?

Maybe the US government shouldn't facilitate such diets? It just encourages them to sit on their fat asses and claim welfare.

You didn't say anything new. I don't know why we can't just give them frozen vegetables, canned unsweetened fruit, canned tuna, and oats. That's what the bodybuilders eat, I don't know why it's not good enough for the fat bums.
It gets my goat a bit that fatties on welfare can afford natural ingredients that they have an infinite amount of time to turn into healthy fresh meals.

While me and my wife never seem to have time to do the same even though we are both working.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Fresh food is really that unreachable for you? Wow...at home it costs more to eat shit food. It amazes the shit out of me why someone will pay $40-$50 for enough dominoes pizza to feed a family when they could have a great fresh home cooked meal for half the amount. They cry that they are time poor, but it's a piss weak excuse.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-27-2013, 09:42 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: It gets my goat a bit that fatties on welfare can afford natural ingredients that they have an infinite amount of time to turn into healthy fresh meals.

While me and my wife never seem to have time to do the same even though we are both working.

It doesn't take any more time or money to cook up fresh vegetables or make a salad than the alternatives.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-27-2013, 06:53 PM)sally Wrote: If you bring the kids next time they have one of the best zoo and aquarium I've been to. At least they did before Hurricane Katrina, not sure how it is now.

I want to escape reality, just for a week. Maybe three.

Not sure if I'll make it to NOLA next trip. Have to come into LA, but then Nevada/Arizona/Colorado/Wyoming, so I might try and do a bit of the Rockies or Yellowstone or something like that. Never been there and neither have the kids.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-27-2013, 09:35 PM)sally Wrote: You didn't say anything new. I don't know why we can't just give them frozen vegetables, canned unsweetened fruit, canned tuna, and oats.

Thats basically what the food pantry gives out. Except its canned vegetables(mostly yucky mixed vegetable and green beabs), condiments, spaghetti sauce, condensed/dry milk, vegetarian/kidney/black beans and chicken patties/fishsticks and/or hotdogs, canned fruit/applesauce.
(05-27-2013, 09:42 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: It gets my goat a bit that fatties on welfare can afford natural ingredients

Welfare can't afford natural ingredients. Welfare+2SSI+2pensions can.
(05-28-2013, 12:15 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Except its canned vegetables(mostly yucky mixed vegetable and green beans), condiments, spaghetti sauce, condensed/dry milk, vegetarian/kidney/black beans and chicken patties/fishsticks and/or hotdogs, canned fruit/applesauce.

All the above items will adequately fill your belly which is the most important thing.
$50 on pizza? How much pizza are you people eating???
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

I don't think that's a lot for pizza. An xl Extravaganza costs about twenty bucks here.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
$20 for one pizza?!

For that price i would expect it to be liberally sprinkled with caviar and truffles!

The pizza joint down the road from me will cook you a 10 inch pizza with any toppings you want for £3.50.
(05-27-2013, 10:45 PM)username Wrote: It doesn't take any more time or money to cook up fresh vegetables or make a salad than the alternatives.

Yes it does.

Fresh vegetables have to be prepared canned and frozen vegetables do not. Fresh vegetables always cost more than the canned or frozen variety (not that the price is an issue for me but it will be for a lot of people on a tight budget) If you still have enough energy at the end of a hard working day to put your apron on and get creative in the kitchen then good for you.

There is nothing wrong with canned or frozen vegetables the only things I insist on buying fresh are fruit, fish and meat.
Fresh fruit and vegetables are more expensive than canned or frozen, but the canned or frozen are still a better alternative than the Burger King dollar menu. Dried beans are cheap too and make a healthy meal, but I've heard people say their kids wont eat that crap so they buy them those cheap pot pies or frozen Totino's pizzas instead.
(05-28-2013, 12:15 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(05-27-2013, 09:35 PM)sally Wrote: You didn't say anything new. I don't know why we can't just give them frozen vegetables, canned unsweetened fruit, canned tuna, and oats.

Thats basically what the food pantry gives out. Except its canned vegetables(mostly yucky mixed vegetable and green beabs), condiments, spaghetti sauce, condensed/dry milk, vegetarian/kidney/black beans and chicken patties/fishsticks and/or hotdogs, canned fruit/applesauce.

Well besides for the hotdogs and fishsticks if you'd stick to that diet maybe you'd lose some weight. Your fat ass wouldn't be going back for second helpings of kidney beans and mushy mixed vegetables.
(05-28-2013, 10:24 AM)sally Wrote: Fresh fruit and vegetables are more expensive than canned or frozen, but the canned or frozen are still a better alternative than the Burger King dollar menu.

Exactly.

You might not get 100% the same amount of nutrients from canned or frozen as you do from fresh vegetables but they are a far healthier option than eating fast and junk food everyday.

Some people actually do that, eat fast food everyday then they wonder why their stool is loose and their clothes don't fit anymore.
(05-28-2013, 10:29 AM)sally Wrote:
(05-28-2013, 12:15 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Well besides for the hotdogs and fishsticks if you'd stick to that diet maybe you'd lose some weight. Your fat ass wouldn't be going back for second helpings of kidney beans and mushy mixed vegetables.

Or maybe I need to move out so my self-control/willpower won't be under attack from a mom who one day will tell me to watch my portion sizes and what/how much I eat and then the next day will tell me stuff like its ok for her to cut a store bought cake that says it serves 8 into 4 pieces.
(05-28-2013, 10:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Or maybe I need to move out so my self-control/willpower won't be under attack from a mom who one day will tell me to watch my portion sizes and what/how much I eat and then the next day will tell me stuff like its ok for her to cut a store bought cake that says it serves 8 into 4 pieces.

That's not the answer. Just eat all the food pantry items before she cuts the cake. You won't feel like eating cake and by the time you digest the beans and are hungry again there wont be any cake left.