Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CORN ON THE COB

I know some people grill it & we may have a thread in here already dealing with that, if so I've forgotten about it.

How do you grill your corn on the cob?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I hand it to my husband.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-26-2013, 12:07 PM)Duchess Wrote: How do you grill your corn on the cob?

Badly.

Seriously though, I'd like to know as well. Planning on grilling corn on the cob(well my brother is) tomorrow.
(05-26-2013, 02:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Seriously though, I'd like to know as well.

Doesn't it sound good. I've had it before but I don't pay attention when people are cooking. Yawn
I have grilled corn two different ways. 1) Just throw the corn on the grill 2) Butter foil, wrap your corn up and throw it on the grill.
I'm lazy I prefer the green giant corn niblets in a can.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-26-2013, 02:20 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I'm lazy I prefer the green giant corn niblets in a can.

hah At least you admit it. Although, I like to grill.
(05-26-2013, 02:20 PM)JsMom Wrote: I have grilled corn two different ways. 1) Just throw the corn on the grill 2) Butter foil, wrap your corn up and throw it on the grill.

Yeah, and I've heard that you leave the husks on when you grill to help seal in the moisture/flavor.
(05-26-2013, 02:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 02:20 PM)JsMom Wrote: I have grilled corn two different ways. 1) Just throw the corn on the grill 2) Butter foil, wrap your corn up and throw it on the grill.

Yeah, and I've heard that you leave the husks on when you grill to help seal in the moisture/flavor.

I've heard of it done that way but I haven't tried it myself.
(05-26-2013, 02:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Yeah, and I've heard that you leave the husks on when you grill to help seal in the moisture/flavor.

So should we be soaking the corn if we intend to grill them with husk on. Hahaha. Blind leading the blind. I should have just googled this shit when I returned home.
I buy it still in the husk and throw it on the hot plate side of the grill (we call it the BBQ). It cooks in its own juices that way and I just peel it and put some butter and pepper and eat it.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-26-2013, 02:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 02:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Yeah, and I've heard that you leave the husks on when you grill to help seal in the moisture/flavor.

So should we be soaking the corn if we intend to grill them with husk on. Hahaha. Blind leading the blind. I should have just googled this shit when I returned home.

Yes, soak the corn and the husk. keeps it from burning.
(05-26-2013, 02:30 PM)JsMom Wrote:

Thanks. I would've just thrown it on dry.
(05-26-2013, 02:34 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 02:30 PM)JsMom Wrote:

Thanks. I would've just thrown it on dry.

hah
I peel back the husks and remove the silk threads or whatever you call them and then pull the husks back over the corn. I never soak them first, I just throw them on the grill and let them steam in the husks for about 10 mins. The husks burn a little bit, but you're not eating that part anyway.

Then peel the husks back and wrap them and the bottom of the corn cob with aluminum foil so you can hold it easily and drizzle with butter and salt. That's how they do it at the fair.
I go to the supermarket and buy some tins of green giant niblets.

My wife boshes a couple of cans into a saucepan on the hob then serves with another vegetable and some meat.

We haven't got time to piddle about with “husks” and shit.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-26-2013, 02:20 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I'm lazy I prefer the green giant corn niblets in a can.

(05-26-2013, 04:37 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I go to the supermarket and buy some tins of green giant niblets.

My wife boshes a couple of cans into a saucepan on the hob then serves with another vegetable and some meat.

We haven't got time to piddle about with “husks” and shit.

We heard you the first time, attention whore.
Oh for Christ's sake CN, it doesn't take that much effort to throw some corn on the grill. You don't know what you're missing if you've never had fresh grilled corn. Green giant nibblets doesn't compare.

Do they have Hamburger Helper in England? It sounds like it's right up your alley. If not, I should send you some, it goes great with nibblets.
Industrial processes put the niblets in a can for our convenience.

Eating is the five minutes we can spare between working and shit.

Let's regress to the pre industrial method of working with natural raw ingredients if you have the fucking time.
(05-26-2013, 05:01 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Eating is the five minutes we can spare between working and shit.

It's amazing how that stuff seemingly reassembles itself and comes out whole.
Commando Cunt Queen