Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you a good parent?
I've been there for all my daughters fads the only one she has stuck with is the kickboxing. The last fad was horse riding took her along a couple of times and she said it was boring “all they do is put on one of the horses and lead around the field”. I said “Jade, what do you expect in the first two lessons? Dressage?”
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(06-01-2013, 12:00 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I've been there for all my daughters fads the only one she has stuck with is the kickboxing. The last fad was horse riding took her along a couple of times and she said it was boring “all they do is put on one of the horses and lead around the field”. I said “Jade, what do you expect in the first two lessons? Dressage?”

Jade is a very pretty name. My daughter got impatient doing horseback riding as well.
Commando Cunt Queen
Isn't Mo's daughter's name Jade too?
(06-01-2013, 04:00 PM)sally Wrote: Isn't Mo's daughter's name Jade too?

Yes. Who'd have thought a limey and a kraut would both name their daughter's Jade?
Commando Cunt Queen
(06-01-2013, 07:25 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Hey Aussie, I get up at 4:30 every day of the week

Well someone has to collect the garbage!

(06-01-2013, 07:25 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Any other mundane, everyday life situations you want to cry about?

Let me be very clear, I am not prepared to enter into further dialogue with you until your sewerage pipes have been given the all clear by a certified professional.

(06-01-2013, 07:48 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Are you kidding me? I get up at 5:30 everyday.

Oh shut it Ramsbrains. I don't bake cookies or cupcakes either. I bet you do. What shit are you on, you don't even have a job at the moment.

(06-01-2013, 10:05 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Aussiefriend, inspiring parents on internet forums to get up in the morning and to attend their children's school functions.

Slamdunk! hah love it.
(06-01-2013, 11:29 AM)sally Wrote: I'm glad my son gave up football, skateboarding, surfing and all that other stupid shit for bowling. I can just go and sit in the bowling alley sports bar while he's at a tournament and walk back out to check how he's doing every once in a while.

Now there's a parent I could hang with.
No Aussie, I don't have a paying job at the moment. But I do spend considerable time taking care of my brother and his affairs. And my mother who refuses to go into a nursing home even though she has cancer. So I get to take care of her and her house and her cats too in addition to my own home and children.

I hate when people complain about going to see their child perform or game. You should look forward to it and be thankful you have the opportunity.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(06-01-2013, 07:51 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And my mother who refuses to go into a nursing home even though she has cancer.

Why would your mom want to go to a nursing home? Would you want to go to a depressing place that smells of shit and piss just because you had cancer?

This should go into "are you a good parent thread". If your kids don't throw you into a nursing home then you know you did something right.
LOL, I just noticed this is in the good parent thread.
(06-01-2013, 08:08 PM)sally Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 07:51 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And my mother who refuses to go into a nursing home even though she has cancer.

Why would your mom want to go to a nursing home? Would you want to go to a depressing place that smells of shit and piss just because you had cancer?

This should go into "are you a good parent thread". If your kids don't throw you into a nursing home then you know you did something right.

Actually she was going to go to the same place as my brother. Not some skank ass place. I understand why she wants to be at home. It's because she can smoke there. Being in a NH for a bit until she gets the final word on her prognosis would be the smart thing to do because she can get all the care she needs there. Instead, she would rather smoke and have visiting nurses, PT come to the house, aids come to the house, a life alert thing, and meals on wheels. I guess the damage is done so she might as well continue to smoke and be happy.
Why is your brother in a nursing home for that matter? Those fat nigger bitches that work there aren't going to do any better of a job then a home health care nurse can do. Unless I'm end stage Alzheimer's or a vegetable, I would prefer to spend the rest of my time at home too, wouldn't you?.
(06-01-2013, 08:09 PM)sally Wrote: LOL, I just noticed this is in the good parent thread.

Ramsey is playing the martyr card while her brother and mom are the ones suffering. Poor Ramsey's life is being disrupted by people around her inconveniently dying and disrupting her schedule/plans.
Commando Cunt Queen
My mom was in a nursing home last year for temporary rehab because she fell and broke her hand, she also has Parkinsons disease. It was awful for her, like living in a nut house. The only way she could get into an assisted living facility was to stay there for 90 days, but she couldn't stand it anymore and ended up coming to live with me. If it's possible for her to be cared for at home than I'd rather her live with me and her grandkids than spend the rest of her time in a lonely hell hole.

I hope my kids do the same for me if it ever comes to it.
(06-01-2013, 08:39 PM)username Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 08:09 PM)sally Wrote: LOL, I just noticed this is in the good parent thread.

Ramsey is playing the martyr card while her brother and mom are the ones suffering. Poor Ramsey's life is being disrupted by people around her inconveniently dying and disrupting her schedule/plans.

Not at all. I was just pointing out to Aussie that while I am not currently employed, I am a busy mom too and I don't butch about being too tired to do it.
(06-01-2013, 08:48 PM)sally Wrote: My mom was in a nursing home last year for temporary rehab because she fell and broke her hand, she also has Parkinsons disease. It was awful for her, like living in a nut house. The only way she could get into an assisted living facility was to stay there for 90 days, but she couldn't stand it anymore and ended up coming to live with me. If it's possible for her to be cared for at home than I'd rather her live with me and her grandkids than spend the rest of her time in a lonely hell hole.

My house isn't big enough for her to come here. There are other reasons I won't live with her that I won't get into here. There are a bunch of ladies at the NH that gang out together playing games and watching old movies or just chatting. I think my mom would enjoy that.

I am moving to GA so my brother can live with me. Although, the NH is great and they take great care if him, he will be happier down south. Then he can see his kids and friends. It would be much easier for me to buy a bigger house here than to move to GA but I'm willing to do that for him. I do think it will be a good thing for all of us.
(06-01-2013, 09:11 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 08:48 PM)sally Wrote: My mom was in a nursing home last year for temporary rehab because she fell and broke her hand, she also has Parkinsons disease. It was awful for her, like living in a nut house. The only way she could get into an assisted living facility was to stay there for 90 days, but she couldn't stand it anymore and ended up coming to live with me. If it's possible for her to be cared for at home than I'd rather her live with me and her grandkids than spend the rest of her time in a lonely hell hole.

My house isn't big enough for her to come here. There are other reasons I won't live with her that I won't get into here. There are a bunch of ladies at the NH that gang out together playing games and watching old movies or just chatting. I think my mom would enjoy that.

I am moving to GA so my brother can live with me. Although, the NH is great and they take great care if him, he will be happier down south. Then he can see his kids and friends. It would be much easier for me to buy a bigger house here than to move to GA but I'm willing to do that for him. I do think it will be a good thing for all of us.

Best wishes to you and your brother. I still think you should move your mom in, she doesn't want to sit around playing cards and watching the Price Is Right with a bunch of shit asses.
(06-01-2013, 08:08 PM)sally Wrote:

My oldest brother wants to throw my mom in a nursing home. I'm not letting that happen.And not just because I would be out on the street if that happened. As annoying, nagging and demanding as my mom can be, I would never consign her to that fate(I lover her too much). My mom was in temporary rehab recently for her toe which had have amputated. She was going nuts and begging us to visit her practically every day. I wish I could have. I visited her at least once a week during the 4 weeks she was in there.
The way I see it is the love you feel for your own children is indescribable, and unless your parents were total dirt bags, they feel the same about you. So even though they're an old pain in the ass, you owe it to them to give that love back. You wouldn't put your kid in a nursing home, why would you do it to the person that loves you more than anything in the world.
(06-01-2013, 10:20 PM)sally Wrote: The way I see it is the love you feel for your own children is indescribable, and unless your parents were total dirt bags, they feel the same about you. So even though they're an old pain in the ass, you owe it to them to give that love back. You wouldn't put your kid in a nursing home, why would you do it to the person that loves you more than anything in the world.

Because it would feel weird to have to wipe and clean the crack of Dads ass?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Both of my grandmas decided on their own when they wanted to go in to assisted living. Nobody pushed them and neither ever went in to a nursing home. My grandma on my dad's side died in AL a month or so before her 100th birthday. My nana on my mom's side moved to AL a couple of years ago and fingers crossed, she'll turn 100 in October. I hope my mom does as well and I know she wouldn't want to live with us but I'd definitely try to bring her here first.
Commando Cunt Queen