Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you a good parent?
What makes you a good parent? Are you a good parent? What outstanding thing have you done to prove you are a good parent? What about nieces or nephews?

Last night I attended a school version of The Sound Of Music. It was a long school production. My day started at 5.30am and was filled with a day of a Borderline Personality Disorders demanding valium at work. So needless to say last night after work, I was exhausted, but I still went to the production.

I'm bloody good.
Your kid might still end up a homeless drug addict. I won't know for sure till my kids are adults.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-31-2013, 06:30 PM)username Wrote: Your kid might still end up a homeless drug addict. I won't know for sure till my kids are adults.

You might be unsure how your brats will turn out, but mine will breeze into adulthood singing Do-Re-Mi.
Well I didn't flush them down the toilet or sell them off to pay for drug debts so I guess I'm doing good.
(05-31-2013, 06:34 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 06:30 PM)username Wrote: Your kid might still end up a homeless drug addict. I won't know for sure till my kids are adults.

You might be unsure how your brats will turn out, but mine will breeze into adulthood singing Do-Re-Mi.

You're fucked now. You've jinxed them.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-31-2013, 06:44 PM)sally Wrote: Well I didn't flush them down the toilet or sell them off to pay for drug debts so I guess I'm doing good.

*pictures trying to flush a 14 year old down the drain*
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-31-2013, 06:50 PM)username Wrote: You're fucked now. You've jinxed them.

I have had to listen to those Sound of Music songs over and over for the last couple of weeks, I am over it already Maria. Shut your Von Trapp.
(05-31-2013, 06:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I have had to listen to those Sound of Music songs over and over for the last couple of weeks, I am over it already Maria. Shut your Von Trapp.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
So you went to your kids program when you were tired and now you're mother of the year.

Hahaha!
(05-31-2013, 07:04 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: So you went to your kids program when you were tired and now you're mother of the year.

Hahaha!

Damn straight!
Quote: my friend aussie wrote: So needless to say last night after work, I was exhausted, but I still went to the production.

Maybe you wouldn't be so exhausted after regular work hours if you weren't popping the valiums all day long and then telling the other nurses that your patients are just paranoid when they point the finger at you.

[Image: nursejackie%282%29.jpg]

Or, at least jack and pop a Dopamine at end of shift, Maria. That'll perk you up.
Point taken HoTD. But you have to give credit to Sally for giving us her guarantee that none of her tribe have been flushed down the cistern. In contrast, F2 has not given us the same reassurance.
I picture FAHQTOO as a good, cool, tough-loving mom. Maybe she'd hold the kid's head in the toilet for just a second til he got the point, but no flushing required.

Btw, is sally off the cistern yet?
(05-31-2013, 08:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I picture FAHQTOO as a good, cool, tough-loving mom.

What, and me as a valium popping paranoid freak? Isn't one valium slut in Mock enough for you?
I know from what my oldest Daughter turned out to be (an RN nurse) that she does not remember all the concerts and basketball games, and chaperoned dances I did, nor the money I "loaned" her or all the times I fixed her car or the times I yelled at her asshole boyfriends or the night I had to pick her up in a few police stations for stupid shit or the amount of times I read her stories from a book at night.
That is all forgotten, parenting is not a thing of will they remember, but a thing of formulation and guidance gently nudging them back on the path without them even knowing you are doing it. Parenting is a selfless thing that if you are looking for gratitude it is not there and never will be. Only you will know how good you are and some people never get that.
What children do is carry on your legacy, if they don't kill themselves first during those lousy teenage years.......grrrrrr.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-31-2013, 06:19 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: What makes you a good parent? Are you a good parent? What outstanding thing have you done to prove you are a good parent? What about nieces or nephews?

I babysat for my niece and nephew when they were younger. The nephew is alright and well adjusted so far despite me occaisonally teasing him by calling him Princess and telling him that we were going to buy him girl toys. The niece despite my assurances she was loved made up some bs about not feeling safe with her adoptive father(my oldest brother) and is now living in Florida with her dirt poor biological father....no cable/internet and thinking she's cool because she makes up some bs about snorting cocaine and smoking crack since she was 13 to impress her "friends".
(05-31-2013, 09:08 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 08:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I picture FAHQTOO as a good, cool, tough-loving mom.

What, and me as a valium popping paranoid freak? Isn't one valium slut in Mock enough for you?

Smiley_emoticons_smile See, the paranoid part was right! Only I called your patients paranoid, not you, paranoid.

I picture you as a fun, supportive, spoiling, devoted (and sometimes naggy) mom.

P.s. So, who's the valium slut? One must not be enough to hit my radar, we need more around here.
(05-31-2013, 09:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: who's the valium slut?

Dana. I can't believe you had to even ask that one HoTD, maybe you too.
(05-31-2013, 09:36 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 09:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: who's the valium slut?

Dana. I can't believe you had to even ask that one HoTD, maybe you too.

Oh, be quiet. But yeah, that did go right over my head.

P.s. I'm a little too low key naturally, so I mostly stick to uppers.
(05-31-2013, 09:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: I know from what my oldest Daughter turned out to be (an RN nurse) that she does not remember all the concerts and basketball games, and chaperoned dances I did, nor the money I "loaned" her or all the times I fixed her car or the times I yelled at her asshole boyfriends or the night I had to pick her up in a few police stations for stupid shit or the amount of times I read her stories from a book at night.
That is all forgotten, parenting is not a thing of will they remember, but a thing of formulation and guidance gently nudging them back on the path without them even knowing you are doing it. Parenting is a selfless thing that if you are looking for gratitude it is not there and never will be. Only you will know how good you are and some people never get that.
What children do is carry on your legacy, if they don't kill themselves first during those lousy teenage years.......grrrrrr.

Yeah. That. I do my best but the proof will be in the pudding. If, after all is said and done, my kids turn out as productive members of society and self sufficient, I'll pat myself on the back a bit and feel like I accomplished what I was supposed to do.
Commando Cunt Queen