Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Bradley Manning
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: Bradley Manning

That's not a good enough reason to keep something like that hidden.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
06-04-2013 05:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

...and just so I'm crystal clear, if that's a true accounting of what those soldiers did, it's nothing less than murder, murder that some of you apparently sanction. Such good Americans. Smiley_emoticons_smile

06-04-2013 05:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

crash Offline
Mock Elder

I'm sure Hitler, Gaddaffi, Mugabi, Hussein, Bin Laden and Amins' foot soldiears all swore an oath of secrecy too. Pretty sure the collective world didn't think they were really good guys. Funny how it all kinda comes down to which team you're on in the end for a lot of folks, huh?

Paranoia, Paranoia, everybody's coming to get me...

06-04-2013 05:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm never surprised anymore about what Americans will defend under the guise of being a patriotic American.

06-04-2013 05:58 AM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

To be fair, I don't think it's just Americans. There is a fine line of common sense between patriotism and jingoism for a lot of nations.

06-04-2013 06:03 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Apparently in order to be a good citizen anywhere one is expected to support & defend their country no matter what they do. Oh dear, the term that comes to mind is sheep.

06-04-2013 06:06 AM

Cynical Ninja Offline
back and as popular as ever

Like jimbone said there is a mechanism in place if Manning wanted to be a genuine whistleblower.

He chose to ignore this mechanism and sold his ass to wikileaks instead.

Also some of the stuff he leaked detailed secret tactical procedures of US military personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan. Information that would have had Iraqi insurgents and Afghan Taliban high fiving each other as they planned their next attack knowing this leaked information.

He is technically a traitor and does deserve jail.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
06-04-2013 06:45 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I want to reiterate that I don't know anything about that & my comments only pertain to the soldiers who opened fire on the Iraqis.

06-04-2013 06:50 AM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

I'd like to know how much faith anyone would put in the said 'whistleblower mechanism' at that level. If your government (even if it's via a military vehicle) is out there giving permission for civilians, including children, to be blown away, are they really going to make it easy for someone to get that message out to the general public?

My ten bucks says that guy has an accident...

06-04-2013 06:57 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I wouldn't trust going to the military to make complaints about the military. Hahaha! Hells bells, these are the same people that tried to cover up Pat Tillman's death...that's just an example.

06-04-2013 07:04 AM

Cynical Ninja Offline

There is a way to do things that does not include selling your ass to Julian Assange.

Like this guy....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomas_Young

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
06-04-2013 07:09 AM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

What? Wait until the very end and then have some five minute old media outlet 'throw your big punch' just before you've all but checked yourself out?

Sure, Body of war was at the very least, scathing, but it wasn't one man coming out with a full assault on happenings that the US military definitely didn't want to be public knowledge. Love or hate Assange (personally I'm not a fan), he was the possessor of the best vehicle in town for Manning to oust the knowledge he percieved he couldn't live with anymore, at the time.

06-04-2013 07:23 AM

Cynical Ninja Offline

He put the lives of his fellow soldiers at risk with some of the information he leaked that makes him a traitor in my book.

Young was able to get his point across effectively without risking his colleagues lives in the field.

06-04-2013 08:52 AM

username Offline
Mod Lite

If he'd been more selective in what he leaked and was actually attempting to blow the whistle, I'd be more sympathetic but he handed over tons of data willy-nilly. Hardly a hero.

I would have been content with the 20 year sentence he already received though.

Commando Cunt Queen
06-04-2013 10:42 AM