Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MISSING/FOUND DEAD: Baby Elaina - Toledo
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/24113...for-murder
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/1...furth.html

Thanks, OTD!

Angela Steinfurth and Steven King, the mother of east Toledo 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth and her boyfriend, have both been indicted for murder.

A grand jury indicted Angela Steinfurth on one count of murder Monday. Her ex-boyfriend Steven King was indicted on aggravated murder, abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence charges.

Family members, police and the community spend months searching for Elaina Steinfurth after she was reported missing on June 2, 2013. Police found her body in the garage of King's home on September 5.

An autopsy concluded Elaina suffered numerous broken bones as a result of "non-accidental trauma." The Lucas County Coroner ruled the girl's death a homicide on November 6.

Court documents filed Monday allege King purposely caused baby Elaina's death, and that he tried to destroy evidence of the crime. When it comes to Angela Steinfurth, court documents state her actions contributed to the death of her 1-year-old daughter.

Both King and Steinfurth are scheduled to appear in court Tuesday morning. Count on Toledo News Now for complete coverage of those court appearances.

Even before the girl's body was found, police charged King and Steinfurth with obstruction of justice. Those charges were amended on Monday when a grand jury indicted the two on murder charges, and King on the abuse and tampering charges.

In Ohio, a person convicted or aggravated murder could be put to death.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Great news, OTD. Thanks for the update.

ETA - snip:
Court documents filed Monday allege King purposely caused baby Elaina's death, and that he tried to destroy evidence of the crime. When it comes to Angela Steinfurth, court documents state her actions contributed to the death of her 1-year-old daughter.

Looking forward to some justice for Elena.

It's been 6 months today since she was reported "missing". I'm anxious to see how her accused killers plead tomorrow.

Been thinking that King has been cooperating since just before the remains were located, trying to get a plea deal in return. Guess we'll see soon enough.
He can look at a picture of that beautiful baby girl he killed while he gets a needle in his arm. There's his deal.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(12-02-2013, 09:11 PM)ramseycat Wrote: He can look at a picture of that beautiful baby girl he killed while he gets a needle in his arm. There's his deal.

It's a crime that could warrant the death penalty under Ohio law.

But, I wonder if King gave up the location of the remains to have the DP taken off the table.

There were reports that he'd been talking to LE finally, and right afterwards LE went back and searched a location that they'd reportedly searched before and found little Elena's remains.

Maybe there was no deal and it was just coincidence. Curious to see how it plays out.

Still also very curious as to what role, if any, his mother Julie King played in the whole charade.
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/24122...ign=Buffer
STEVEN KING PLEADS GUILTY UNDER PLEA DEAL

[Image: 2786283_G.jpg]
Convicted baby killer, Steven King

Snip from OTD's link above:
King pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice charges in the case Tuesday. As part of the deal, King will be sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 25 years.

Not surprised, but hoping King never receives parole and dies in prison.

Angela Steinfurth will be in court later today. I'm expecting her to plead "not guilty" and blame everything on King. Maybe she'll surprise me, take some responsibility, and plead guilty too?
I want to hear mom's plea. Maybe Steve is throwing her under the bus as part of his agreement?
Commando Cunt Queen
WTOL NEWS 11
8 minutes ago via mobile
Prosecution says Angela picked up baby Elaina by a limb and threw her against a wall. Lawyer says Angela went to Steven King to hide what she did. He then killed Elaina and hid her body in the garage.
Like · · Share

WTOL NEWS 11 shared WTOL's status.
10 minutes ago
Prosecutor says: Angela said she didn't tell because everyone would hate her for what she had done.

Top Comments

Really everyone hates her anyways now what was the difference
9 minutes ago via mobile

Geee ya think???.. A hysterectomy should be mandatory in these types of cases.
Like · Reply · 8 minutes ago via mobile · Edited

WTOL NEWS 11 shared
11 minutes ago
Prosecutor says Angela admitted to being frustrated with baby Elaina crying, and tossed her across the room. Causing her to have dried blood in her nose,and injuries. Prosecutor said Steinfurth told them that Baby Elaina died June 2nd. Angela is crying with her head down listening.
Like · · Share

WTOL NEWS 11
13 minutes ago · Edited
Prosecutors say Angela threw a crying Elaina. The next day she had a lump on her head, blood on her nose, and a black eye.

Angela later told investigators where she threw the body in the river, which turned out to be false, according to prosecutors.

How does ANY human being THROW a baby? Disgusting!
Like · Reply · 14 · 12 minutes ago via mobile

She's no human, she's just an animal and needs to be treated like one.
Like · 2 · 10 minutes ago

this just makes me sick to my stomach. I hope she rots in there.
Like · Reply · 2 · 11 minutes ago

WTOL NEWS 11 WTOL's photo.
14 minutes ago
HAPPENING NOW: Angela has her head down, shaking her head as prosecution recites what happened in June 2, the day Elaina disappeared.

Prosecutors saying Angela told searchers about soiled diapers during Maumee river search. Officers believe that diapers were planted.

WTOL NEWS 11
34 minutes ago · Edited
BREAKING: Angela Steinfurth enters Alford Plea. She will be sent to the penitentiary for life with parole eligibility after 18 years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

HOTD Edited: snipped - removed Facebook names / deleted unrelated posts.
Help !!!! can anybody delete a post except Duchess ? This has to be deleted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! prior post
That is what happens when you're dealing with an old lady Blowing-kisses love you HOTD
(12-03-2013, 03:36 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: That is what happens when you're dealing with an old lady Blowing-kisses

Oh stop that. It could happen to anyone. Hot D handled it & it's all good.
Thank you for the update and the comments from locals, OTD. Very interesting; Alford pleas are rarely entered.

Anyway, good to see Angela is getting life.

Possibility for parole after 18 years is too generous, IMO. I hope she never gets paroled and never sees the outside of a prison in her lifetime.

She didn't admit what she did and take responsibility, but she's not pleading "not guilty" and going to trial either.

In an Alford Plea, the criminal defendant does not admit the act, but admits that the prosecution could likely prove the charge. The court will pronounce the defendant guilty. The defendant may plead guilty yet not admit all the facts that comprise the crime. An Alford plea allows defendant to plead guilty even while unable or unwilling to admit guilt.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/1...years.html
ANGELA STEINFURTH - SENTENCED TO LIFE WITH POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE

Cry bitch, cry...

[Image: yuDc9Sl.jpg]
Convicted baby killer, Angela Steinfurth

Angela Steinfurth has entered an Alfrod plea, meaning she is maintaining her innocence in the death of her daughter but was deemed guilty by the court and sentenced to life in prison, with possibility of parole after 18 years.

According to prosecutors, here's how Elaina was killed and what went down:

-Angela went to the home of her boyfriend at the time, Steven King. They were going to be together that night, so she took her two kids with her.

-Steinfurth admitted baby Elaina had been injured the night before and admitted on June 1 she became frustrated because the baby would not stop crying. Steinfurth says she tossed the child across the room on Federal Street causing the child to hit the floor and the wall. Afterwards, she and Steven had sex.

-She said she was frustrated because the baby was crying.

-The day after she tossed the baby, she noticed the baby had a black eye lump on her head and was not breathing well.

-The baby died at 704 Federal Street. Angela knew the baby was injured but was concerned about herself and feared everyone would hate her.

-Evidence of Elaina's blood was found on a bedroom bed and wall.

-Steven King provided police with the location of the child's body.

Ref:
http://www.13abc.com/story/24124293/ange...rth-pleads

---------------------------------------------------------

These two selfish effin' lowlifes not only killed that baby, they let community members search and search for months, risking their own safety in the process. And, they let that baby rot in a box atop the rafters of his family's garage.

Doesn't get much worse than that. Good riddance to them both. I hope Elaina's big sister is in good hands.
This entire thing just makes me sick. It frustrates me to no end that they may get parole. Kill a baby, waste TONS of volunteer hours searching for the baby, and have a chance to go free?? Makes sense!

She'll suffer in the slammer. There are a lot of mothers in there and there is honor among thieves.
I am soo sick. How could this be.
(12-03-2013, 04:10 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: I am soo sick. How could this be.

It's sickening that they have a chance for parole. I agree, OTD.

While I agree that they both deserve harsher sentencing, I understand why prosecutors chose the route they did.

Without a confession and the location of the body provided to them by King under a plea deal, prosecutors would have had a hard time getting an indictment, much less a conviction, against him (or Angela).

As for Angela, I suspect she got a sweet deal after King's confession to avoid the time and expense of a trial - during which she would likely have pointed the finger at King as the sole killer of her daughter and someone who victimized and threatened Angela as well. That's the story her stepfather was pushing on her behalf for months. She could have been acquitted using such a strategy. Too risky for prosecutors.

Neither one of these two scumbags will leave prison for at least 18 years, probably longer. If Terry Steinfurth Sr. and TJ stay active and appear at parole hearings to petition against them being released, they might not ever get out.