Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MISSING/FOUND DEAD: Baby Elaina - Toledo
I have a question. I was hoping someone could help me with?? AS was indicted with obstruction justice on June 24th. Is there any reason why this would not be on the Lucas county clerk of court dockets? Is this not public information? I looked at the site last night and it was not on there anywhere.
(07-03-2013, 04:14 AM)ttownclown Wrote: I have a question. I was hoping someone could help me with?? AS was indicted with obstruction justice on June 24th. Is there any reason why this would not be on the Lucas county clerk of court dockets? Is this not public information? I looked at the site last night and it was not on there anywhere.

LucasCountyDocketsonline, Steinfurth Angela is on there now she was charged by the Grand Jury for obstruction of justice, her court appointed counsel is Jane Roman. Defendant plea Not Guilty. Pretrial hearing July 24th 2013. Bond hearing held. Bond ordered set at $100,000.00, no
10%.
JUDGE GARY G. COOK
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Taken from Toledo Blade

Update
HOME → NEWS→ POLICE & FIRE
Print Story
Published: 7/3/2013 - Updated: 3 minutes ago

Hair found on fisherman's hook determined to be human
BLADE STAFF

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...CThTimE.99

Additional report on a 2nd fisherman finding hair.

Taken from NorthwestOhio.com

After 2 reports of finding 'hair', Baby Elaina searchers comb bottom of Maumee River themselves
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 07.02.2013 at 9:22 PMTOLEDO -- A new report has surfaced that another fisherman turned over a "clump of hair", to Toledo Police, that was allegedly retrieved from the water below the High Level Bridge.

The information is the latest in a series of potential leads in the case of missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, who disappeared from an East Toledo home on June 2nd.

In the weeks since Baby Elaina's disappearance, there have been several reports that her body may have been disposed of in the Maumee River near the High Level Bridge.

The latest fisherman, Greg Boswell, tells WNWO that he found the "hair" on June 23rd, almost a week before the Toledo Blade reported that another fisherman, named Patrick Howard, made a similar discovery.

Boswell said that after finding the "hair" he retrieved a clean bag from a local store, then turned his discovery over to a female Toledo Police officer.
Boswell said that the officer, and several other law enforcement officials, were near his fishing spot conducting a search for the missing toddler.
Boswell said the officer told him the discovery would be processed for DNA evidence.

According to the Toledo Blade, Toledo police have reportedly sent both items to labs for testing.

In light of the latest news, volunteer searchers began combing the bottom of the Maumee River using grapnel anchors to search for more evidence themselves.  

"Basically we're hoping to come up with anything that's down at the bottom, any evidence or anything that's down there," volunteer searcher Andres Perez said.

Perez said that the anchors were purchased by Elaina's father, T.J. Steinfurth.

Unfortunately, so far, volunteers have not been as "lucky" at finding clues as the two unsuspecting fisherman that found "hair".

"We found some cloth, a couple of bottles tied together with sand in them, a bunch of logs," Perez said of what he and another searcher found on Tuesday. "It's stuff that could be useful but then could be junk in the river."

Perez adds that some of the anchors that were left in the water, overnight  on Monday, appeared to have been intentionally cut by the time they arrived on Tuesday.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Public Documents LUCAS COUNTY COURT OF COMMON PLEAS
J. BERNIE QUILTER, CLERK
700 ADAMS STREET
TOLEDO, OHIO
TIME: 2:13:38 AM
DATE: 7/4/2013
CASE: G -4801 -CR -201302000-000
TITLE: S/O V ANGELA STEINFURTH
JUDGE: GARY G. COOK
FILING DATE: 6/24/2013 CASE TYPE: CR CRIMINAL
MONETARY AMOUNT: DOCKET/PAGE:
ORIGINAL COURT: TAX TYPE:
PREVIOUS CASE NUMBER: STATE OF OHIO NUMBER:
Party Counsel Prosecutor
DEFENDANT 1:
STEINFURTH ANGELA
329 VALLEYWOOD
TOLEDO, OH 43605
Alias(es)
MORIES ANGELA J
JANE ROMAN
414 N ERIE
TOLEDO, OH 43604 JENNIFER L DONOVAN
COUNT PARTY DESCRIPTION ABBREV.
1 (D -1)STEINFURTH ANGELA OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE-F3 F3
DATE SEQ EVENT
6/24/2013 2 Title : OPN:ORIG INDICT BOOKED
OBSTRU JUS
PARTY : D1 - STEINFURTH ANGELA
6/24/2013 3 Title : BND:NO BOND SET (CLERKS)
6/25/2013 1 Title : WAR:WAR/PRNT ISS BY CLERK 513
6/25/2013 2 Title : HRG:ARRAIGNMENT SET
June 26, 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
6/25/2013 5 Title : WAR:WARRANT SERVED ON DEFENDNT
6/26/2013 1 Title : ARR HELD AND COUNSEL APPOINTED
770-000017569 issued by 708 ()
June 26, 2013. Court Reporter KELLY WINGATE, Assistant
Prosecutor JENNIFER DONOVAN, and Defendant, ANGELA
STEINFURTH present in court.
Indigency hearing held. Defendant notified of application
fee for appointment of counsel. JANE ROMAN appointed as
counsel. Counsel present and arraignment held.
Defendant acknowledged receipt of a copy of the
indictment, waived any defects as to time, place or manner
of service, and waived its reading in open Court.
Defendant entered a plea of not guilty.
Matter set for pretrial on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at
9:00 a.m.
Bond hearing held. Bond ordered set at $100,000.00, no
10%.
JUDGE GARY G. COOK
6/28/2013 3 Title : EVT:ORD PUB PROCEED FILE/JOURN
WTVG-13ABC ACTION NEWS
E JOURNALIZED 7-3-13
6/28/2013 4 Title : EVT:ORD PUB PROCEED FILE/JOURN
WTOL/WVPW
E JOURNALIZED 7-3-13
6/28/2013 5 Title : EVT:ORD PUB PROCEED FILE/JOURN
WNWO/NBC24
E JOURNALIZED 7-3-13
6/28/2013 6 Title : EVT:ORD PUB PROCEED FILE/JOURN
WTOL/WVPW-TV
E JOURNALIZED 7-3-13
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
We watched fireworks over the bridge in Maumee on Wednesday. I couldn't help but think of that baby and how she isn't coming home. Her mother is sick.I truly feel for her father. I just hope they find her so she can be laid to rest and given the memorial she deserves. I hate to think this way but I don't believe she's still alive. Mommy and boyfriend killed that baby.
That poor baby is definitely dead.

I don't know if they will ever find the body they still haven't found April Jones body in Wales.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(07-07-2013, 11:48 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: That poor baby is definitely dead.

I don't know if they will ever find the body they still haven't found April Jones body in Wales.

This was a very sad story about April Jones. What a freak Mark Bridger is.

Wikipedia has the story -The Murder of April Jones. He got life in prison and the Judge never wants him released.
The search for April Jones was the largest missing person search in UK police history.

Liars galore is what they are Steinfurth, King and Bridger above.

As for Angela Steinfurth and Steven King what is going to happen?
Henry David Thoreau
I just hope that DNA of the hair that was snagged by a fisherman proves to be hers. Whether or not they are able to retrieve her body at least we'll know for sure where she is. I have no desire to go out on my boat.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...-girl.html
ACCORDING TO A EXTENSIVE ARTICLE IN THE TOLEDO FREE PRESS...JULY 8TH...THE MOTHER ANGELA CONFIDED TO A CELLMATE...THAT STEVEN KING..THRU THE BABY OFF THE WALL.. NOTHING THAT A BABY COULD DO TO DESERVE THAT IN THIS FATHER / GRANDFATHERS EYES! THEY PUT THE BABY IN IT'S CRIB...KNOWING IT WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED...LATER FOUND THE CHILD DECEASED... THAT NIGHT...TOOK THE BABY DOWN TO THE RIVER....I HOPE I'M CALLED FOR JURY DUTY...DO MY DUTY I
WILL!

This is one of the comments. Toledo Free Press has followed this from the beginning
OlderThanDirt, thanks so much for above news lets hope this King arrest will help solve where baby Elaina is.

ABC channel 13 Toledo Ohio has a video at the llink below.

It's been 51 days since anyone saw Elaina Steinfurth, 1. But family and neighbors have not given up searching for the little girl.

Her grandfather, Terry Steinfurth says, "its the unknown, I still want to believe she's out there and we're going to bring her home safe."

Monday, Toledo Police made another arrest in the case. Steven King Jr, the boyfriend of Elaina's mother, was taken into custody. He's charged with obstruction of justice.

"It was a surprised to me," Terry Steinfurth said. "None of us were expecting it.

The arrest has sparked a new sense of hope for the toddler's family. For them, this is one step closer to finding her.

"We're happy that things are moving ahead," Ginger Smith, Elaina's cousin said. "We were all in doubt for awhile since we hadn't heard anything."

Smith says emotions are running high as they wait for more information.

"Unfortunately we still don't know what happened. We don't know if Elaina's alive but we're hopeful she's still out there somewhere," Smith said.

But until family members know exactly what happened, they'll continue to search and hang up flyers, while Angela and Steven wait for their day in court.

"Hopefully, either him [Steven King] or Angela will start talking and hopefully we'll be able to find the baby," Terry Steinfurth said.

King is expected to face a judge on Tuesday. Angela Steinfurth will also face a judge for a pre trial Wednesday.

http://www.13abc.com/story/22905811/king...nas-family
Henry David Thoreau
(07-23-2013, 01:22 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...-girl.html

Good news. Thanks, OTD.

I hope Steven King's arrest leads to some progress in this case and justice for Elaina.

Anxious to see the Obstruction of Justice arrest affidavit when it's released.

Curious as to how King has been impeding the investigation.

I know that we don't know this to be fact yet but that won't stop me from saying, goddamn mothers who protect the men who hurt their children. Worthless bitches.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't care how mad I have ever been at my children, how tired, how frustrated, how off the chain angry I could never hurt them. I can't even imagine throwing a child against the wall. I know in my heart this baby is dead and I pray those scumbags pay for it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-23-2013, 02:24 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't care how mad I have ever been at my children, how tired, how frustrated, how off the chain angry I could never hurt them. I can't even imagine throwing a child against the wall. I know in my heart this baby is dead and I pray those scumbags pay for it.

Same here. Nor could I ever watch someone else harm my child. "Mama Bear" would kick in and I'd fuck that person up. Concerns for my own safety wouldn't even enter my mind. I'm sure all REAL MOTHERS (as opposed to those by biology only) feel the same away.
Update taken from http://www.toledonewsnow.com July 23rd 2013

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
The ex-boyfriend of baby Elaina's mother went before a judge for the first time, after being arrested for obstruction of justice.

Steven King's bail was set at $250,000. He is not eligible for 10 percent bond.
In court Tuesday, King's attorney, Pete Rost, pushed for a lower bail, saying his client continually cooperated with police. Rost says King was only arrested after finally telling the FBI Monday that he wouldn't be speaking with them anymore.

Court documents say King purposely made false statements to detectives. The documents go on to say the statements were found to be false, after detectives reviewed paperwork and video collected during the investigation.

Outside of the courtroom Tuesday, family talked about how Angela Steinfurth, who is also behind bars, first learned of King's arrest.

"She called me about 20 minutes after. She didn't know that they arrested him. I told her. She broke down and started crying and said, 'Now they'll find out where my babies at,'" said Richard Schiewe, Elaina's grandfather.

The family says the arrest and arraignment of King were breaks for which they've been praying.

"I just about went through my ceiling of my bedroom. I was just about to get dressed and come down here. You know, I wanted to get my hands on him, and I still do, you know? He knows where my granddaughter is at. I've said it all and all, the whole time," said Schiewe.

Family and friends are preparing for another prayer vigil for baby Elaina on Federal and Leonard in east Toledo Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, the search for missing baby Elaina continues. There is still a $10,000 reward being offered for information in the case. If you can help investigators, call 1-800-CALLFBI.
Angela Steinfurth is set to appear for a pre-trial hearing Wednesday.
Henry David Thoreau
Thanks NightOwl, for the update.

So, Angela did appear in court today. Her pre-trial hearing for Obstruction of Justice charges was pushed back til August 14th; her attorneys say they need more time to acquire depositions and transcripts.

So, more waiting....

Angela's not cracking behind bars; had hoped she would.

At least Steven King is locked up now too. Maybe he'll crack?
(07-24-2013, 04:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thanks NightOwl, for the update.

So, Angela did appear in court today. Her pre-trial hearing for Obstruction of Justice charges was pushed back til August 14th; her attorneys say they need more time to acquire depositions and transcripts.

So, more waiting....

Angela's not cracking behind bars; had hoped she would.

At least Steven King is locked up now too. Maybe he'll crack?

I hope he cracks also HOTD, I read some gossip he uses heroin, so time will tell.

Waiting to hear from the media about the DNA.

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - 23rd July 2013
The Toledo Police Department says they are expecting DNA results this week to see if missing hair found by a fisherman weeks ago in the Maumee River is that of missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth.
Henry David Thoreau
What a shame it is to hear this news. The center line in this picture taken from Wiki is the follicle.

[Image: 250px-Hair_follicle-en.svg.png]

From WTOL News Toledo Ohio
Lab results show no link between hair found in Maumee River and Elaina Steinfurth
Posted: Jul 26, 2013 4:39 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 26, 2013 8:34 PM EDT

By Nick Bade

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
Toledo Police say hair found in the Maumee River on June 29 does not have follicles, making it impossible to complete a DNA test on the hair.

Police tested the hair in early July and determined it was human. They then attempted to compare it to the DNA of missing east Toledo toddler Elaina Steinfurth.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation says because the hair lacks follicles, it will be extremely difficult to determine if it is from Elaina Steinfurth
Henry David Thoreau
Update - Steven King appeared in court Thursday morning in connection to the case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth, a case prosecutors now call a homicide. Upon reading the article this seems to be a tactic they will try to use to get King to confess.

Taken from WNWO 8th August 2012.
also www.northwestohio.com

TOLEDO -- Steven King appeared in court Thursday morning in connection to the case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth, a case prosecutors now call a homicide.

King, the ex-boyfriend of Elaina's mother Angela Steinfurth, was arraigned on a charge of obstruction of justice. He was indicted by a Lucas County Grand Jury last week.

WNWO spoke to Steven King's attorney, Peter Rost, who claims this charge is being used as a tactic for King to confess.

"There are no homicide charges pending against anyone at this point," Rost said.

On July 22, Toledo Police filed a complaint against King, allegeding he made numerous false statements to them. The complaint came after review of video and potential evidence collected during their investigation into Elaina's disappearance.

Angela Steinfurth has been in jail on an obstruction of charge and is scheduled to appear in court next on Aug. 14.

READ: Latest updates on #SearchForElaina

King and Steinfurth were the last people seen with the toddler.

In late June, a report surfaced that Angela Steinfurth confessed to a fellow Lucas County Jail inmate that she and King threw Elaina's body in the Maumee River. "She told me they wrapped her up in blanket and took her down by the High Level Bridge," said a relative of the inmate. "And, he (King) stood behind her and she [Angela] threw this baby in the river."

King's bond is set at $250,000 and he is scheduled to appear in court August 15 at 8:30 a.m.

Elaina's family hopes criminal charges waged against King and Steinfurth will reveal the missing baby's location.
Henry David Thoreau